Epcot options! Looking for opinions

Jsharp13

Mouseketeer
Background: I've been to Disney 3 times in recent years with my teen son. Husband joining this trip; not a Disney fan, so planning to do all the thrill / adult type Disney things. Epcot on Friday 5/31 (I know, Friday isn't ideal but it's what we have). Staying at CBR.

My current idea: I'll be up at 7 am to get Remy and GoG VQ (hopefully...). I'll also buy an ILL for GoG. I'm not sure what we'll officially Rope Drop but we'll get going early morning. Also hope to get G+ for Test Track later in the day, and possibly Soarin'. Hope to standby Mission Space.

Main plan for the day is eat and drink around the world, and visit the different countries and pavilions.

Lunch at Biergarten at 12:30pm. Back to resort to cool off, swim, rest.
Space 220 Lounge 4:50pm.

Evening / dinner ideas - this is where I need some opinions on what you liked or worked for you!
1) Shiki-Sai 8:00pm - plan to try to see fireworks from here. Leave after fireworks with a billion other people and wait in huge line for skyliner.
2) We are too full to eat or drink anymore! Watch a portion of fireworks and make our way to Skyliner to head to CBR. (Or add a quick stop at Boardwalk ice cream while skyliner crowds drop, and head back around 10 pm)
3) Stay for full fireworks someplace with a great view. Late meal at Trattoria al Forno 9:30pm. Lyft back to CBR.

Of course I can poll the family as we get closer to the evening. Has anyone done something like this and loved it?

I'll add that I did something like plan #3 with friends in February and it was wonderful! Except that we didn't have a good break that day, and I had some snacks through the evening... the dinner plan just sort of developed at 8:59pm, and so we were all so tired and I was a bit too full to fully enjoy Trattoria. What I did have was lovely! So, if we plan better, we may be able to enjoy it better!

Hi
Epcot

I vote number #3
with dinner and fireworks package 🎆

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/dining/epcot/rose-and-crown-fireworks-dinner-package/

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/dining/epcot/spice-road-table-fireworks-dinner-package/

After Epcot all morning and lunch also ,, then pool time ,,,taking an Uber /Lyft back in the evening is a great idea.

The Rose & Crown is my Fav.
A quick review

Edited to add:
OOOps I see you have a 4:50 Space 220 Dinner
sorry my suggestion wouldn't work.

Last edited:
I'm a vote #2 or even a modified version of #2. I'd find a nice spot to park with a snack/dessert after a QS dinner or just get your fill at Space 220 lounge and skip dinner and just watch the show. The boardwalk ice cream shop is always nuts at night but a good idea. You can also mobile order a QS pizza at CBR on your way back to your room if you're still hungry. I feel like 3 ADRs in one day at epcot is overkill, a ton of food and a time suck especially if you are only doing one day only at Ep.

Thanks for those ideas and thoughts.
Note my plan for Space 220 was a drink and we're out. But I agree (and I always have to be reminded of this!!!!), Table service restaurants take so much time, money, and stomach space in Disney! I really want to do Biergarten with hubby so maybe we will skip the other options entirely and just snack ourselves along.
Another idea (which is similar to how it worked for me in February), at Trattoria, I had just an app and a drink. It was nice to sit down in the cool for the evening. No reason we have to do a giant meal. Even Shiki Sai, could have one roll and watch fireworks and leave.

I do like that idea of mobile order at the resort on the way back too!

I'm concerned you aren't allowing yourself a lot of time between Biergarten and Space 220 to relax at the resort. With the ADRs, as is, you probably won't get back to CBR until about 2:30 pm and you are going to have to leave CBR by 3:45/4:00 pm at the latest to get all the way to Space 200 in FW.

Consider the following - move Biergarten to dinner around 7:00 pm so you have time to eat and get out to find a spot for fireworks. This gives you a leisurely morning at Epcot and time to go back to CBR if you want to relax. You can snack or do QS in the am. It also still allows time to grab a drink at Space 220 at 4:50 pm. I would not make 3 ADRs for the day - they will completely eat up your time (no pun intended). Personally, I would pick one ADR and wing the rest. There are a ton of great snacks and QS in Epcot that don't require reservations.

I'm concerned you aren't allowing yourself a lot of time between Biergarten and Space 220 to relax at the resort. With the ADRs, as is, you probably won't get back to CBR until about 2:30 pm and you are going to have to leave CBR by 3:45/4:00 pm at the latest to get all the way to Space 200 in FW.

Consider the following - move Biergarten to dinner around 7:00 pm so you have time to eat and get out to find a spot for fireworks. This gives you a leisurely morning at Epcot and time to go back to CBR if you want to relax. You can snack or do QS in the am. It also still allows time to grab a drink at Space 220 at 4:50 pm. I would not make 3 ADRs for the day - they will completely eat up your time (no pun intended). Personally, I would pick one ADR and wing the rest. There are a ton of great snacks and QS in Epcot that don't require reservations.

Thank you for those tips and ideas!

When I would travel with just my son, we'd do a couple ADRs a week, and some days, none!
Then I traveled with friends that go often and they would book at least one ADR a day, and sometimes 2! It was wayyyy to much eating for me (and I eat alot!). But it worked for them because they like to take breaks, sit somewhere cool and away from the mayhem.

But I appreciate your perspective here, and giving me a new way to think about things. My last trip was with our friends and I might just be going off recent memory of booking way too much dining.

I wonder if the music / show at Biergarten goes all day? One of the reasons I picked that 12:30 lunch was that when we were there in February, I think the first show didn't even go on stage until maybe 1 pm? Or later? My DH will not want to eat and wait for over an hour just to see that show.

I sure wish I could get Space later in the day but we all know that's literally impossible to change or move what I have.

My idea with Biergarten lunch was to eat, fill up, and then we'd be ready for a nap after all that food 😋

These plans sound exciting! It was a little unclear in your original post, but just wanted to point out that Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure no longer uses a VQ, so you’ll definitely want to grab LLs!

And I know you said you’d like Space 220 later in the day - just keep trying to modify your reservation, especially as your trip gets closer. You never know what will open up!

These plans sound exciting! It was a little unclear in your original post, but just wanted to point out that Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure no longer uses a VQ, so you’ll definitely want to grab LLs!

And I know you said you’d like Space 220 later in the day - just keep trying to modify your reservation, especially as your trip gets closer. You never know what will open up!

Yes, you are right, I didn't word that correctly. Hopefully getting VQ for GOG and then Remy paid LL. That's the plan, we'll see!

I'll keep checking to modify Space. That's one's so tough. I know it is high demand still. And, I know I can try to talk to host at check in and see what can be done. Who knows!

Last edited:
So thinking in terms of "Hubby / Adult" , VQ and/or $LL for GOTG, G+ LL for either Remy or TT (rope drop the other one), Soarin can be done as a walk on. Check out the entertainment times for Epcot that day and plug those into that framework. I like the Rose & Crown fireworks package or grabbing QS at France / watch from there. Both get you to IG quicker than 2/3's of the park goers.

I'm not sure we'll get into the fireworks dining packages - not the biggest fan of the restaurants offered, and also it's just hard to say if we will even be focused on the fireworks that much. Day of, we might say forget it and just eat and go? But I do appreciate having the ideal viewing location so that you can get to IG sooner than most others. One trip we enjoyed fireworks from La Hacienda de San Angel. Great food, beautiful view. But by the time we walked to IG, wow, that line for skyliner was miles long!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter