Everyone getting ready for SW

Anyone else have big dreams like me and NOT use the 15% Ding discount on the hopes that they will get a better DING later?

I'm totally torn here! I didn't notice the ding discount until I paid attention, and already booked our flights out of STL ($115 each way, which isn't horrible). So, now I'm trying to decide if I should rebook with the 15%, or wait to see if the dings are out there later.....UGH! Why can't this be easy?????

So, to completely talk it out here, probably best case, I'd be looking at $84 each way....if I get them now, they would be $98 each way....might give up $14 X 8 segments....$112 (not pitance) that I could save on top of the 15%...BUT....it's a gamble....I could just save some cashola NOW and be happy with paying $112 (that I might not save anyway) and not worrying about DINGS....UGH UGH UGH!!!

this stinks.

UPDATE for anyone who cares! HA....I just went for the 15%...GO WITH WHAT YOU KNOW, right? Well....I feel better that it's done...we'll see how it plays out.

Regarding the DING15 promo code, simply click Book Travel at the top of Southwest.com. When entering in your flight info, there will be a spot to enter the promo code further down on the page.

Regarding the DING15 promo code, simply click Book Travel at the top of Southwest.com. When entering in your flight info, there will be a spot to enter the promo code further down on the page.

Oh yeah, forgot about that too!

Anyone else have big dreams like me and NOT use the 15% Ding discount on the hopes that they will get a better DING later?

I'm totally torn here! I didn't notice the ding discount until I paid attention, and already booked our flights out of STL ($115 each way, which isn't horrible). So, now I'm trying to decide if I should rebook with the 15%, or wait to see if the dings are out there later.....UGH! Why can't this be easy?????

So, to completely talk it out here, probably best case, I'd be looking at $84 each way....if I get them now, they would be $98 each way....might give up $14 X 8 segments....$112 (not pitance) that I could save on top of the 15%...BUT....it's a gamble....I could just save some cashola NOW and be happy with paying $112 (that I might not save anyway) and not worrying about DINGS....UGH UGH UGH!!!

this stinks.

UPDATE for anyone who cares! HA....I just went for the 15%...GO WITH WHAT YOU KNOW, right? Well....I feel better that it's done...we'll see how it plays out.

I would have went with the 15% ding also :thumbsup2 ,

Thank you so much for the heads up on the ding, saved almost $200. Also I HOPE that they will credit my cc for the refund. This is how it went down.

Booked tickets one way before I saw the ding disount. Decided to do the DING15. Canceled the first leg of the trip and it gave me the option of having the refund applied to my cc. I choose that. Canceled the return flight and saved those as ticketless travel funds.

Booked the DING15 and used my ticketless refund amount and paid the rest with the cc. I still haven't receieved an email for the refund on leg 1 so I HOPE they will do that or I am going to have lots of travel funds lol.

All that giberish didn't even make sense I'm sure. What a mess. lol

So excited!!! Used my credits from our last trip to book our flights going down. It was $95 pp from Cols, Oh to MCO and thats more then we've ever paid before but seeing it's the Friday before Labor Day I decided I better grab them. Everyone else for that day is way higher. If they DO end up dropping I can always use more credit ;)

I don't like that the 15% DING is for RT. I prefer booking One ways so that you can change each flight later and not have to worry about the RT.

I just don't buy that these prices are the lowest (except maybe certain peak days to fly).

Of course they are going to start high but competitive and see how many people bite. I'll hold out........

But congrats to all that are happy with the prices they got. Sometimes that piece of mind is worth a premium:thumbsup2

WOO HOO I'm happy!! :cool1:
With the DING15 code, I can get non-stop flights for $89. The best DING we've received for the past couple of years hasn't been much less than that, and I personally think flights will just go up from this point on. Plus we're going down on a Friday and back on a Saturday, days that Dings don't normally apply to anyway.
I didn't expect fares to be that low upon release. :banana: :banana:

Woo hoo!!:banana: :banana: :banana: With the DING15 code, I was able to get $68 each way from Louisville to Orlando and at the times I wanted. I don't think it'll get much cheaper than that, even with a new DING fare. Can't wait until October!!!

Woo hoo!!:banana: :banana: :banana: With the DING15 code, I was able to get $68 each way from Louisville to Orlando and at the times I wanted. I don't think it'll get much cheaper than that, even with a new DING fare. Can't wait until October!!!

Just curious what days your going, we are also flying out of Louisville in Oct.

Thank you so much for the heads up on the ding, saved almost $200. Also I HOPE that they will credit my cc for the refund. This is how it went down.

Booked tickets one way before I saw the ding disount. Decided to do the DING15. Canceled the first leg of the trip and it gave me the option of having the refund applied to my cc. I choose that. Canceled the return flight and saved those as ticketless travel funds.

Booked the DING15 and used my ticketless refund amount and paid the rest with the cc. I still haven't receieved an email for the refund on leg 1 so I HOPE they will do that or I am going to have lots of travel funds lol.

All that giberish didn't even make sense I'm sure. What a mess. lol

I kind of did the same thing. I had a RT booked - cancelled the whole thing and chose refund applied to my CC. Then I rebooked with the DING15. I am so nervous that I am going to get my credit card and have both on there! Yikes! :surfweb:

this stinks.

When are you going? What rate did you get? I just booked R/T from St. Louis, also! We're going 9/6-9/13. Paid $1732 total for 8 people. Would like less, but that'll do and times are good!

I used the Ding code and got $81 each way from CMH to MCO!!! Yippee!! :cool1: It came to $730 for the 4 of us roundtrip!

I just spent the exact same for my 4 out of BWI.

I had half that much in SW credits though so my out of pocket was less than $400. :goodvibes I would have preferred a more reasonable Ding but by booking this early, I got a Saturday morning down and a Sunday evening home flight....stretching my trip out as looooong as possible.

Though I'm usually waiting for the $59 each way fare between Nashville and Orlando (and usually get it about 2 months prior to trip), this time I'm waiting for something decent between Nashville and San Diego for July. Can't use either of the promo codes (dates are too early) and the fares are about $260 EACH WAY! This is for SWA! When they have their sitewide fare sales--which happen every other month at least--that fare is $99 each way. So, I'm going to bite my fingernails and wait a couple more weeks.

Karla B.

I just spent the exact same for my 4 out of BWI.

I had half that much in SW credits though so my out of pocket was less than $400. :goodvibes I would have preferred a more reasonable Ding but by booking this early, I got a Saturday morning down and a Sunday evening home flight....stretching my trip out as looooong as possible.

You did great with your credits! I was so happy to get non-stops flights and be able to be in Orlando at lunchtime. Now 5 1/2 months to wait!!

I booked with the DING! this morning and am really happy with the rates and times. We had almost half of our trip in LUV vouchers so that helped a lot. We ended up paying $61 one way each and $75 one way the other way (then our vouchers on top of that).

I'm curious to why people are waiting for a better DING!. When I clicked on the restrictions, I don't remember it saying that you couldn't cancel it. Now, if you DO move/cancel it then you don't get a REFUND, but you would get to t'fer that amt to your next reservation (up until the expiration date).

Did I miss some small print?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter