Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

For trip scheduled Aug 10 -20

I am planning to purchase Genie+. In general, is genie + needed for shows - PhilHarmagic, Frozen singalong, Indiana Jones, Lion King etc?

I'll use it of course if I can. I'm just trying to figure out if I can reasonably expect to be able to see these shows in between genie+ selections (ignoring weather and down rides that may effect the whole park)

Thank you
You definitely never need a G+ for Philharmagic. Even if the standby line looks long, everyone is probably getting into the theater for the next show. Ditto Monsters Inc Laugh Floor.

I sometimes get the G+ for Beauty & the Beast because the G+ holders get seating closer to the stage. But is it necessary? Not if you don't care where you sit.

Totally unnecessary for the bird show (Flights of Wonder? I forget what it's called now).

Not sure about Frozen Singalong and Indiana, since I haven't done them in a while.

I feel like this answer is here somewhere but I can’t figure out how to phrase the search to find it. Here’s my question

say I have a genie reservation for ride A and it goes down and converts to a multi use genie pass. Can I use that multi use genie pass on a ride I’ve already ridden using a genie pass?

Specific example
I ride safari with a genie pass
booked Kali river. Kali river closes
can I use the multi use pass for safari ( provided it’s open)? It is on the list of choices for the multi use pass

We are hopping to Epcot this afternoon. FEA has been out since like 2 today. Is there any point playing “Disney roulette”? Or once it’s listed as being out will it never have any slots open? I’ve been refreshing for a while with no openings popping up. Def not at the rate time changes were avail for other rides.

I feel like this answer is here somewhere but I can’t figure out how to phrase the search to find it. Here’s my question

say I have a genie reservation for ride A and it goes down and converts to a multi use genie pass. Can I use that multi use genie pass on a ride I’ve already ridden using a genie pass?

Specific example
can I use the multi use pass for safari ( provided it’s open)? It is on the list of choices for the multi use pass
You can use it to ride any attraction on the list, regardless if you already rode it that day or not.

We are hopping to Epcot this afternoon. FEA has been out since like 2 today. Is there any point playing “Disney roulette”? Or once it’s listed as being out will it never have any slots open? I’ve been refreshing for a while with no openings popping up. Def not at the rate time changes were avail for other rides.
If someone cancels a reservation it will show as available but many will be looking for it so it will be challenging to get. You can keep trying if you wish. Many report getting reservations that are sold out but it doesn’t always happen and can take a long time

If someone cancels a reservation it will show as available but many will be looking for it so it will be challenging to get. You can keep trying if you wish. Many report getting reservations that are sold out but it doesn’t always happen and can take a long time
Yup been going over an hour….thank you!!!!

Specific example
Yes, as long as it is included.

For Park Hopping
My park reservation is at AK, hopping to Epcot.
AK opens at 8am, Epcot at 9am

Scenario 1
At 7am I get a safari G+ for 830am -- after I tap in, can I then try for Remy at Epcot? (I'm not sure if the time the parks open is relevant)

Scenario 2
at 7am I get Remy G+ for after 2pm
at 11am I get TT for after 2pm
at 1pm Can I get something in AK, or do I have to stick with Epcot? (If I have to stick with Epcot, then I wouldn't get the PH Genie)

Question about Park Hopping and Genie +
My park reservation is at AK, hopping to Epcot. If we only get Genie + for Epcot,
at 7am, we try to get Remy...but Remy return time is not yet at 2pm. What happens? Do I get a time and I have to keep modifying it until it is past 2pm? Or do I get an error message of some sort and I keep trying until the timing works?

THanks for your help

Last edited:
For Park Hopping
My park reservation is at AK, hopping to Epcot.
AK opens at 8am, Epcot at 9am

Scenario 1
At 7am I get a safari G+ for 830am -- after I tap in, can I then try for Remy at Epcot? (I'm not sure if the time the parks open is relevant)

Scenario 2
at 7am I get Remy G+ for after 2pm
at 11am I get TT for after 2pm
at 1pm Can I get something in AK, or do I have to stick with Epcot? (If I have to stick with Epcot, then I wouldn't get the PH Genie)

Question about Park Hopping and Genie +
My park reservation is at AK, hopping to Epcot. If we only get Genie + for Epcot,
at 7am, we try to get Remy...but Remy return time is not yet at 2pm. What happens? Do I get a time and I have to keep modifying it until it is past 2pm? Or do I get an error message of some sort and I keep trying until the timing works?

THanks for your help

Scenario 1: Yes, you can try for Remy afer tapping into Safari G+ at 8:30.

Scenario 2: Yes, you can get an AK G+ after booking Epcot G+

Question 3: If Remy return time is not yet at 2pm, you will get a message that you cannot book it yet. It shouldn't take long for you to be able to book Remy. According to thrill-data.com, at 7:10 am this morning, the return time for Remy was after 2:00.

Sorry if this was posted already. It’s our first trip back with Genie+. Thanks for this thread though as I’ve skimmed the 1st few pages and found it helpful.

We’re a party of 5 and some will have new MB2 while others will have old MB2 and/or physical cards (so hopefully that won’t be an issue with tapping in for LL). I’m going to most likely purchase G+ for all of us each day. If 2 members are late/not present for the reservation, can the 3 of us still tap in and immediately book another LL?

Also, do Apple Watches work as MB if everything is linked in MDE? Although this might be a question for a different thread. If it’s glitchy we do NOT want to hold up the line and will use the card/MB2 instead.

Sorry if this was posted already. It’s our first trip back with Genie+. Thanks for this thread though as I’ve skimmed the 1st few pages and found it helpful.

We’re a party of 5 and some will have new MB2 while others will have old MB2 and/or physical cards (so hopefully that won’t be an issue with tapping in for LL). I’m going to most likely purchase G+ for all of us each day. If 2 members are late/not present for the reservation, can the 3 of us still tap in and immediately book another LL?

Also, do Apple Watches work as MB if everything is linked in MDE? Although this might be a question for a different thread. If it’s glitchy we do NOT want to hold up the line and will use the card/MB2 instead.

Can't help you with question but Apple watches, but if 3 of you tap into an attraction, you become eligible to book your next LL only if that attraction is your most-recently booked attraction.

You become eligible to book only when (1) you scan into your most recently-booked LL, or (2) it has been 2 hours since you booked your most-recently booked LL.

If 2 of the 5 are late/not present, that will have no effect on the booking eligiblity of the 3 who do scan in.

Can't help you with question but Apple watches, but if 3 of you tap into an attraction, you become eligible to book your next LL only if that attraction is your most-recently booked attraction.

You become eligible to book only when (1) you scan into your most recently-booked LL, or (2) it has been 2 hours since you booked your most-recently booked LL.

If 2 of the 5 are late/not present, that will have no effect on the booking eligiblity of the 3 who do scan in.
Thank you!!

Apple Watch MagicMobile has worked great for me. Just make sure you have the ticket / AP turned on to be available as an "Express Pass" and you'll be good to go!

Random tip from my recent trip...

If you don't get enough use out of Genie+ because you started the process too late in the day and didn't realize that all the popular rides would already be sold out, you might consider asking Guest Services for a refund.

After paying $70+ at HS last week, we were only able to book one popular ride. When I asked Guest Services if they thought anything else would open up (beyond me obsessively refreshing all day and with my apologies that I should have started the process earlier but it just wasn't possible with all our travel logistics) they opted to give me a refund.

The CM mentioned that if someone only gets one or two rides they will possibly give a refund. It's on a case by case basis. Of course I'm not leaving this tip here for it to be misused. I'm just stating from my experience the vibe is they aren't trying to bait and switch us so if you feel like you paid a lot and received crumbs - run it by them. Hope that helps!

We're flying in early 9/7, our flight lands at 8:30am and we're heading to Epcot. We want to purchase an ILL for Guardians, do I have a good chance of getting one if I log in as soon as we land? Or should I get Wi-Fi for the flight?

We're flying in early 9/7, our flight lands at 8:30am and we're heading to Epcot. We want to purchase an ILL for Guardians, do I have a good chance of getting one if I log in as soon as we land? Or should I get Wi-Fi for the flight?
It varies day to day. I would recommend checking Thrill Data to see historically when ILL$ For Guardians is selling out and decide from there.

I have never purchased ILL Can you pick the time? I have looked at MY Disney Exp. and it says time slots start at at 9am. We are on site and will rope drop. If I get an ILL and LL at the same time can we change the times I am looking at the early morning. To explain better, I want to get ILL for GOTG and LL for Rat at EPCOT. If I get both at 9 am can we make it? Will also be doing a child swap at GOTG. Sorry if this has already been asked. I am on a 15 minute break at work and did not have time to dig through pages looking for the answer. This will be a Sunday in Oct. 2023.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter