Everything Park Hopping - Please Read Post 1

Does anyone just walk into a park in the morning and straight back out again and then chill at the resort pool so they can go to another park in the late afternoon without having to make a reservation?
Yes, this is done but really only needed when park reservations are filling to capacity. If there is availability at the ‘new’ park, guests just change their reservation to there to save the time travelling back and forth to the first park.

For all you hoppers- how does 700 am ILL, VQ and LL work for you all reserving. Do you have luck getting them all? We have a 3 day park hopper. Right now I’m thinking one afternoon at AK- and at least 1 part of day at Epcot- the rest Mk and HS divided out

Last edited:
I am taking my 3 adult daughters to WDW from July 18th to the 22nd of this year and just realized that it might be the start of the F&W festival. Since this is a short trip, I was going to get park hoppers and hop to epcot two days (probably Wed and Thurs) in the afternoon. I was not planning to book Epcot as a starting park during this trip. It's been six years since we have been to WDW so the reservation system is new to me, but it sounds like you don't need a reservation for the park you hop to but that park does have to have capacity. Wondering if there is a risk of not getting into Epcot at all or will it be too busy to even enjoy in the afternoon? Have never been during the F&W so not sure what to expect as far as crowds. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Epcot has the biggest capacity, and that is not exactly peak travel time.

Theoretically, they could completely book up, or Moana might open that day, or they might change all the rules. But assuming July is like now, you won't have an issue.

Even when they do stop hopping, sometimes they only stop it for a couple hours. I don't even think Epcot stopped during Christmas, and I think Moana is coming late fall.

I am taking my 3 adult daughters to WDW from July 18th to the 22nd of this year and just realized that it might be the start of the F&W festival. Since this is a short trip, I was going to get park hoppers and hop to epcot two days (probably Wed and Thurs) in the afternoon. I was not planning to book Epcot as a starting park during this trip. It's been six years since we have been to WDW so the reservation system is new to me, but it sounds like you don't need a reservation for the park you hop to but that park does have to have capacity. Wondering if there is a risk of not getting into Epcot at all or will it be too busy to even enjoy in the afternoon? Have never been during the F&W so not sure what to expect as far as crowds. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Please see post 1. Thankfully you will be totally fine hopping at 2PM!
Epcot has the biggest capacity, and that is not exactly peak travel time.

Theoretically, they could completely book up, or Moana might open that day, or they might change all the rules. But assuming July is like now, you won't have an issue.

Even when they do stop hopping, sometimes they only stop it for a couple hours. I don't even think Epcot stopped during Christmas, and I think Moana is coming late fall.
To clarify, Epcot has never been closed to hopping.

The only time hopping was stopped was for a couple of hours to the MK on its 50th Anniversary and then it reopened.

To clarify, Epcot has never been closed to hopping.
I think there's a good chance Epcot hopping will close when Guardians gets a standby line, probably when Tron takes the VQ. It will be slammed for a while.

But that should be happening long before July.

I think there's a good chance Epcot hopping will close when Guardians gets a standby line, probably when Tron takes the VQ. It will be slammed for a while.

But that should be happening long before July.
Honestly I’d be shocked if Epcot ever closed to hopping. The thing to remember is that at 2PM many also hop to other parks. I would not be concerned about it.

Also, it has not officially been announced that TRON’s VQ means the end of GotG VQ. We don’t know if it will move or, two VQs will be available at the same time.

Also, it has not officially been announced that TrON’s VQ means the end of GotG VQ.
LOL if you think Disney IT can handle two VQs. At some point, the Guardians standby line will open, and I can imagine hopping stopping for that. I thought it did for Rise?

Let's say it's noon and I'm at HS, and want to hop to MK. And I don't have a hopper ticket yet. What would be the best place to do the upgrade? Guest Services at HS? At my Disney hotel? At the TTC?

(And, this pre-supposes that I can do an upgrade on the same day. Correct?)

Let's say it's noon and I'm at HS, and want to hop to MK. And I don't have a hopper ticket yet. What would be the best place to do the upgrade? Guest Services at HS? At my Disney hotel? At the TTC?

(And, this pre-supposes that I can do an upgrade on the same day. Correct?)
You can upgrade at any of those places but the easiest would be at HS since you’re already there and GS is near the park exit.

Just a heads up that you will pay the park hopping price for your entire ticket even if some days are used.

LOL if you think Disney IT can handle two VQs. At some point, the Guardians standby line will open, and I can imagine hopping stopping for that. I thought it did for Rise?
AFAIK, hopping has not been suspended to DHS ever, in the park reservation era. I don’t think it was suspended when Rise VQ ended.

Thanks for the responses everyone - we will stick with our current plan to hop to Epcot in the afternoon!

Do you think the 2pm is permanent? It’s so frustrating.
Disney can change it at any time (and I hope they do) but considering it’s been in place for 2 1/2 years, I don’t see it going away anytime soon. As long as they keep the park reservation system, I’m guessing park hopping restrictions will be here too. I agree earlier hopping would at least be a step in the right direction!

I assume this has been asked before, but...

Situation:
We bought 4 day non hopper passes from the frog a month or so ago.
We were able to get a 5:00 ADR for Roundup Rodeo last week on what would be our last day/hour or so at WDW before having to drive home.

We would need to park hop on the day of our Roundup ADR to attend based on our current itinerary.
From my current understanding, I would have to upgrade all 4 days to park hoppers, not just the one. That is a pretty pricey proposition for the family to attend.

Doesn't look like single day prorated afternoon passes exists...

Do I have any other options before I either cancel the ADR, attempt to change our current itinerary, or just donate more money to the mouse. :sad:

Thanks in advance.

I think about this from time to time. I had hoped that by this point Disney would have moved it forward to, say, 12 noon, or just dumped it altogether.
Our hopping day will be AK to EP and I just wish we could get into EP for lunch instead of having to wait until 2!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter