Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more pertinent answer is that nothing is ever transferred to any Magic Band.
There is no game info at all on your old MBs.
Everything that you can access via your MB is stored in your MyDisneyExperience account.
You can continue to use your old MBs or get new ones. All will work for any touch-point use at the parks.

Thanks @Robo just wish I knew if we would have to start the game from the beginning. Looks like we do:mad:

Thanks @Robo just wish I knew if we would have to start the game from the beginning. Looks like we do:mad:
I wouldn't think you do. As he said, nothing is actually stored on the bands, they are a gateway for information between your account and what you're doing, so they communicate park entry, fast passes, and I would assume also pick up where you last left off with SOTMK as that info is centalised

We were just setting up our magic band for our first resort and found out we get two more magic bands! we will have one for our first resort, our second resort and a pass holders band...the question I have is can I just pick one of the three to use? are the little center thingies transferable? how does it work?

We were just setting up our magic band for our first resort and found out we get two more magic bands! we will have one for our first resort, our second resort and a pass holders band...the question I have is can I just pick one of the three to use? are the little center thingies transferable? how does it work?

All MBs in your name will work simultaneously and interchangeably.

There is nothing that you need to do in order to use any and all of them.

It's just like having 3 copies of your front door key. Just pick one each day.

You can use any one or all of them. The center puck can be removed.

I left my old magic band in my car in south Texas weather for about a year and a half after my trip in 2015. I feel like it won't work anymore. What do you folks think?

I left my old magic band in my car in south Texas weather for about a year and a half after my trip in 2015. I feel like it won't work anymore. What do you folks think?

It should work, at least for all of the "direct touch" functions.

The long range functions (like for ride photos) use a battery. Odds are those batteries are dead. Also I don't know what type of battery it is and if acid leaks are a concern with that type of battery, and if it is a concern, if it could leak out of the band.

Also the short range functions don't need a battery but do rely on electronics. Either the chip is fried or it's not. No way to tell before trying it.

I'm afraid you will have to start over. I don't know of an official time limit, but recent experience suggests that while games used to hang around for a very long time, they are only resumable for about 18 months now.

But, best of luck, can't hurt to try.

I'm afraid you will have to start over. I don't know of an official time limit, but recent experience suggests that while games used to hang around for a very long time, they are only resumable for about 18 months now.

But, best of luck, can't hurt to try.

18 months?! Ugh! No wonder he said he couldn't find it. Thanks for this! :upsidedow

So, to confirm, my party of 9 is under four separate but linked MDEs. I'll be able to load the reservation number for all 9 and order magic bands for all 9, correct?

Last edited:
So, to confirm, my party of 9 is under four separate but linked MDEs. I'll be able to load the reservation number for all 9 and order magicbands for all 9, correct?
As long as you see all persons in your Family & Friends list, YES. If for some reason it can't match one or more names on the reservation to your Family & Friends list, it will prompt you to add them.

Hi,
I'm travelling with my family and my in laws in September. Unfortunately, they have not been in great health recently so won't be doing some of the rides that I've set up fast passes already for all of us. In fact, they will probably just want to go back to the hotel (BLT) and relax. If they want to do this, is there any way they can leave their magic bands with us in the park so we can use their fast passes? Will they be able to get into the hotel room any other way, and will they need the bands to be able to take the transportation back to the hotel?
Also if they decide to have a lie in one morning, would we have to meet them at the park entrance to give them their bands so that they can get in if we take them to use the fast passes on them?
Thanks!

I know they set the game level when you stop in to get your cards for the first time. We finished the intro level and when I go this year I plan on asking for the next level. So, if my theory is correct, you wouldn't have to start the entire game over, just the level you are on. So while you may have to start that level over, if you haven't finished, you could get through pretty quick to where you left off, if you even remember. I certainly wouldn't remember exactly where I left off.

I know they set the game level when you stop in to get your cards for the first time. We finished the intro level and when I go this year I plan on asking for the next level. So, if my theory is correct, you wouldn't have to start the entire game over, just the level you are on. So while you may have to start that level over, if you haven't finished, you could get through pretty quick to where you left off, if you even remember. I certainly wouldn't remember exactly where I left off.

Personally I wouldn't know either but my son does sort of, he remembers completing level one but isn't sure where in level 2 he stopped playing. I don't know if it's ADHD/Autism related but once he's done playing a game, he's done with it. He doesn't throw a tantrum but he gets very frustrated which can be just as unpleasant. We stopped buying game cartridges early on for this reason and only barrow them from our local library. He fervently believes the CM's at the Main Street Fire Station are his "friends" so I'm sure he'll spend time in there talking to them, hopefully they be able to help him.

Have not been to disney since magic bands came into effect. When it comes to fastpass, does 1 person in a family scan or does everyone scan their own band? Could i scan my band for myself and my child or do i scan for myself and my child scans for himself?

Also, are they easy to take off and put back on? Do they fit on children well? Sorry if these questions were already answered.

Help! I've deactivated all my old magic bands, but there's no prompt for me to customize any new magic bands for my October trip...why? Edit: My tickets and room reservation are linked, this is why I'm confused!

Last edited:
Have not been to disney since magic bands came into effect. When it comes to fastpass, does 1 person in a family scan or does everyone scan their own band? Could i scan my band for myself and my child or do i scan for myself and my child scans for himself?

Also, are they easy to take off and put back on? Do they fit on children well? Sorry if these questions were already answered.
Each member of the party will scan their MB for fp. The bands can be made smaller for children. I do not have a MB2 and I've heard they are bigger but I can't confirm that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter