• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust! Jenn & Kevin 10/12/14 Italy/ADH/France - The End (7/2016 New TR Link!)

You guys are so awesomely cute! We are doing a very similar plan to you guys, and a very close time as well... and in fact, for a while we were entertaining the Sunday Oct 12 at Italy too! What a mess that would be! We also ran into the same obstacles with the dessert party, and really had our hearts set on using the Italy Isola...so now we are having a welcome dinner/dessert party on Thursday Oct 9 on the Italy Isola, and the ceremony in Germany (I really want Italy, but since I got my way with the dessert party, had to compromise on the ceremony location) the next morning followed by reception at the Living Seas. Our wedding planner had not notified us of any competitions for our sites, and we are anxiously awaiting the paperwork from our WP tomorrow as well! Look forward to following along with you!

Hi, Jenn! I often browse the wedding board here and live vicariously through others' reports as I dream of one day having a DFTVR. I came across your report and am now hooked! I so have my fingers crossed for you on the lottery and hope that you're able to post some good news soon!

I think your color choices are fabulous. Blue was my main color in my wedding, too! And I absolutely LOVE the picture of the second bouquet that you posted...that is amazingly gorgeous!

That reminds me of me, vicariously browsing people's PJs/TRs and collecting details here and there for my own wedding over the years! I'm super excited about the colors and I can't wait to start on the bouquet - I know sooner is better than later!

This reminds me of DH and I...we met in a bar on a Saturday morning (watching soccer from Europe) and by Wednesday he wanted to know if he could introduce me as his gf! LOL..it was too cute.

Love your plans so far! I wouldn't deal well with the stress and not knowing of the lottery at all!! Good luck! I hope you get exactly what you want! :goodvibes

We'll be doing our 10 yr. VR in OCT, so I totally agree with you about what a great month for a wedding! (I didn't get to have our DFTW in Oct as I had wanted).

You guys are adorable together! I love the proposal and the fact that your parents flew down to surprise you!

Where's the ring pic?!?!?!?

Have you started looking at dresses yet? That's my favorite part! :goodvibes

I can't believe I haven't even posted a ring pic yet! Thank you for remind me!

I'm actually a little overwhelmed at the idea of looking at dresses - my mother keeps asking me when we're going but I feel like it's too soon and I don't know what I want yet.

You guys are so awesomely cute! We are doing a very similar plan to you guys, and a very close time as well... and in fact, for a while we were entertaining the Sunday Oct 12 at Italy too! What a mess that would be! We also ran into the same obstacles with the dessert party, and really had our hearts set on using the Italy Isola...so now we are having a welcome dinner/dessert party on Thursday Oct 9 on the Italy Isola, and the ceremony in Germany (I really want Italy, but since I got my way with the dessert party, had to compromise on the ceremony location) the next morning followed by reception at the Living Seas. Our wedding planner had not notified us of any competitions for our sites, and we are anxiously awaiting the paperwork from our WP tomorrow as well! Look forward to following along with you!

So fun! And so glad we have no conflicts :goodvibes Living Seas was our 2nd choice and I really would have been happy with that venue as well. We'll probably be arriving for our wedding trip on October 9th/10th, maybe we'll catch a glimpse of you!

So last week my consultant e-mailed me to say that while our location lottery would be happening on October 14th, she would be at a conference and I wouldn't be able to be notified until the end of the day on the 15th :headache: Another day to wait!

Then this morning I was on the train going into work when I checked my e-mail and......

WE GOT OUR DATE!!!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

:dance3::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

tumblr_lvo8nlaWRA1r6aoq4o1_400.gif

enthusiasm.gif

I nearly burst with excitement!!

So, our wedding day is as follows:

Sunday, October 12th

Ceremony: Italy Plaza @ Italy Pavilion, Epcot

wdw_venues_Epcot_Italy_02.jpg

Reception: Atlantic Dance Hall @ Boardwalk

ADHnew.jpg

(From Disney Travel Babble!)

Dessert Party: Eau de France @ France Pavilion, Epcot

Carriatrick_Anniversary_042.jpg

I am so beyond excited that we can have the DP in the first place, let alone Eau de France (which my consultant told me was booked for a corporate event) - I love that location because it's so private and away from the public and RIGHT on the water!!

Obviously now we'll have to tackle the infamous room block (dun dun dun) and work on actually booking the vendors we're penciled in with (which I will reveal once it's official!) It's also looking like we'll be doing our engagement photos here in Boston in about 3 weeks, but we're still finalizing that. I'll be back when I have more confirmed!

So pleased for you - congratulations!

Those venues all look fantastic :goodvibes

Btw love the little dancing clip from Boy Meets World.. I used to love that show!

Emma princess: x

So pleased for you - congratulations!

Those venues all look fantastic :goodvibes

Btw love the little dancing clip from Boy Meets World.. I used to love that show!

Thank you!! And I love that gif too, I feel like it perfectly embodies my excitement!!

I feel like so much has happened since we got our date - and yet nothing at all! Let's see.....

It's been pointed out to me that I have yet to post a ring pic, so here she is! This is the photo I posted Facebook to essentially announce our engagement - it doesn't quite capture the sparkle as well as I would like, but other than that it's pretty good.

2d40p5.jpg

You know, now's a good a time as any to introduce the bridal party, so let's have at it!

Maid of Honor: Vanessa, best friend/college roommate

2mysnz9.jpg

Ness and I met at a "speed dating session" for prospective roommates being done at our school when we were both heading into a new year (my junior, her sophmore) with no one to live with. It was love at first "you like Buffy the Vampire Slayer?" sight. The week we moved in with each other both involved us ending our respective 2+ years relationships and so needless to say, we bonded over Ben & Jerrys, Sour Patch Watermelons, and feelings. She's the closest thing I have to a sister!

Bridesmaid: Samantha, cousin

33455_10150280483720106_4145958_n_zpsb7f3ef2a.jpg

(circa 2010 - stupid lack of recent photos!)

Both Sam and I were raised with only brothers and so we kind of bonded together growing up as the only girls on our side of the family. She's the next best thing to having to a sister in blood!

Bridesmaid: Sinclaire, friend from Disney

ephs07.jpg

I met Sinclaire during my college program in Disney, and for a long time it felt like she was the only friend I had at work (some people just don't grow out of bullying, even in the most magical place on earth :sad2:) We've managed to stay in touch even though I've moved back up to MA and she's Full-Time in Disney, and I usually get to play in the parks with her every time we visit!

Bridesmaid: Amanda, cousin

99fk8g.jpg

(I don't actually have a picture of the two of us together in recent years! Gonna have to fix that....)

Like Sam, Amanda and I are the only girls in a world of brothers (on our side of the family). Even though she's a lot younger (she'll be 17 the day after the wedding) we've still been close growing up and I'm so excited to make her a part of my bridal party!

And finally.....

Ring Bearer: Kyle, cousin/godson

10eldf7.jpg

As I noted above, Kyle is both my youngest cousin and my godson, and even though he's a little older than the traditional ring bearer, I would really like to honor him and include him in our day by having him carry our rings down the aisle (I'm thinking more in like a box than the traditional pillow). He's such a sweet kid and I love him to pieces!

Kevin's groomsmen include his Best Man/Best Friend Kevin (yes, Kevin's best friend is named Kevin), his friends Brian and Charlie and my youngest brother Chris. I'm sure you'll see photos of them later, I'd rather not bore you now with descriptions and pictures (at least, not as much as I already have!)

Vanessa already knows she's my MOH, but the other girls have not been asked yet, so I thought it would be super cute to asked them by giving them bridal party tank tops! And thus begins my first DIY project.

I went out to Old Navy and bought tanks for all the ladies (and myself) - I originally set out to get plain black ones for $8 a piece (the plain white ones were $5 a piece), but not only were they out of plain black tanks in the size I needed, but these cute lace-trimmed ones were $5 each - all colors! Hooray for savings money AND getting something cuter!

2dkd8ag.jpg

I'm torn between these two rhinestone fonts - the first one (from Joann's) is cheaper but I do prefer the second one so much more!

jh79ck.jpg

z1vlh.jpg

Kevin convinced me that with how little these girls will probably wear these in their lifetimes, I should go with the cheaper option, and I have to agree......but my local Joann's was sold out of the iron on's. I'm going to check the one by my parents place this weekend, and if they're sold out too, then that means the online-only ones are cheaper (cause of free shipping :thumbsup2)

Only in wedding planning world would you write a whole paragraph about iron-on rhinestones!

Now, about that room block......I'm starting to get a little nervous, not about figuring it out, but WHEN exactly we're going to have the time to do it! It's due back on Friday, which also happens to be opening night of my show. Just in case you don't live in the theater world/know any one else who does, the week leading up to a show is VERY intensive, where you basically live in the theater - I'll only be seeing Kevin for the 45 minutes in the morning he drags me out of bed to go to work, since I'll probably be getting home around midnight every night next week :crazy2: Now add in the fact that he had already planned to go to the Red Sox game Saturday and I have an 8 hour rehearsal Sunday, and I'm starting to get fairly worried.....I just hope we can find the time to (peacefully, in a stress-free way) work this out.

There's a lot more swimming in my brain right now, but of course, none of it is organized. That's what a planning journal is for, am I right?

So last week my consultant e-mailed me to say that while our location lottery would be happening on October 14th, she would be at a conference and I wouldn't be able to be notified until the end of the day on the 15th :headache: Another day to wait!

Then this morning I was on the train going into work when I checked my e-mail and......

WE GOT OUR DATE!!!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

:dance3::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

tumblr_lvo8nlaWRA1r6aoq4o1_400.gif

enthusiasm.gif

I nearly burst with excitement!!

So, our wedding day is as follows:

Sunday, October 12th

Ceremony: Italy Plaza @ Italy Pavilion, Epcot

wdw_venues_Epcot_Italy_02.jpg

Reception: Atlantic Dance Hall @ Boardwalk

ADHnew.jpg

Dessert Party: Eau de France @ France Pavilion, Epcot

Carriatrick_Anniversary_042.jpg

I am so beyond excited that we can have the DP in the first place, let alone Eau de France (which my consultant told me was booked for a corporate event) - I love that location because it's so private and away from the public and RIGHT on the water!!

Obviously now we'll have to tackle the infamous room block (dun dun dun) and work on actually booking the vendors we're penciled in with (which I will reveal once it's official!) It's also looking like we'll be doing our engagement photos here in Boston in about 3 weeks, but we're still finalizing that. I'll be back when I have more confirmed!

Congratulations on getting all the venues you wanted! Love the Rene Rancourt gif :rotfl2: I just got engaged in July and as much as I'd love a DFTW I'd rather have my grandfather able to attend and traveling doesn't look like a good idea at the moment for him Instead, I think I will just live vicariously through my fellow Boston bride :bride:

Just yesterday I started brainstorming ways to ask my maid of honor and bridesmaids to be in my wedding! I like your shirt idea and saw it on Pinterest. Not sure if you already got the decals or how far you are from Saugus, but I could check if they have any there or Michaels when I go on my wild goose chase for wedding cookie cutters today!

Congratulations!! You're getting married on my birthday!!!!!!

I had a DP at Eau de France back in 2011 for my son's college graduation celebration and am currently planning another one for a family trip in July 2014. I absolutely love the location and the viewing of Illuminations from there is magnificent!! I love being right next to the water too. :)

I look forward to following along with your planning.

Congratulations on getting all the venues you wanted! Love the Rene Rancourt gif :rotfl2: I just got engaged in July and as much as I'd love a DFTW I'd rather have my grandfather able to attend and traveling doesn't look like a good idea at the moment for him Instead, I think I will just live vicariously through my fellow Boston bride :bride:

Just yesterday I started brainstorming ways to ask my maid of honor and bridesmaids to be in my wedding! I like your shirt idea and saw it on Pinterest. Not sure if you already got the decals or how far you are from Saugus, but I could check if they have any there or Michaels when I go on my wild goose chase for wedding cookie cutters today!

The Bruins are the only Boston team I truly care about (we're very much a hockey family) so I've been saving that gif for awhile now!! Hooray for Boston brides! I'm about a 10 minute drive from the Square One Mall so I could totally check out the Michaels in the area (and should soon!)

Congratulations!! You're getting married on my birthday!!!!!!

I had a DP at Eau de France back in 2011 for my son's college graduation celebration and am currently planning another one for a family trip in July 2014. I absolutely love the location and the viewing of Illuminations from there is magnificent!! I love being right next to the water too. :)

I look forward to following along with your planning.

I'm glad you love the area!!! To be honest I'm a little nervous about that island blocking the view for people more on the right side of the pavilion (the right of the pavilion as you're facing the lagoon) but I'm trying to tell myself we would have heard more negative feedback about the area if it was a real issue.

Our date is the day before my cousin's/BM's birthday (as I noted above), 2 days before my MOH's birthday, and apparently the anniversary of one of Kevin's aunt/uncle (which is apparently why they won't be coming? :confused: ugh) We'll have a lot to celebrate!!

I'm alive!! My show is over and man, was that a time suck. And amazing beautiful wonderful experience, but such a total time suck. I've spent the past two days recovering sleep and now it's wedding planning time!

We got our LOA on Friday, but in all the chaos of my show we haven't taken a look at it till yesterday. Disney wanted it back by Monday, but since Kevin & I AND my parents AND his parents have to sign (since the parentals are paying for this shindig) that might not happen, but thankfully my consultant said we could have a few days extension if necessary (since I don't see us getting this in the mail sooner than Friday). I'm incredibly thankful that since we started this process in September we narrowly missed the price increase next year - with our guest list I honestly think that would've eliminated the Disney option for us.

Now that it's official, I'm super pleased to say that we have booked The Roots for our wedding! :banana: I've loved The Roots since the very first time I ever knew there were Disney weddings, and I told Kevin from our very first "what if maybe we got married someday" conversation that I didn't care where we were having our wedding, all I wanted were The Roots there - even if we have to have our reception at McDonalds to afford it! (Thankfully, it's not coming down to that.) I'm so totally excited :goodvibes

We've also booked an engagement shoot with a local photographer for this Sunday - I've always had my heart set on engagement photos in Boston (since it's the city we fell in love in) but it's too expensive to fly the Roots up here, and I want them done while it's still semi-nice (read: not blizzard-like) up here and in time to send STDs in January/February. Although I'm still waiting back on our confirmed time.......and I have no idea what we're wearing :eek: Got to get cracking at it!

I also still haven't gotten my rhinestones yet for my shirts (thank you Les Mis!) which I have to do ASAP - my mom keeps badgering me about making it official because people keep asking HER who my bridal party is, and she's on a gag order from me until the girls know.

I have to wonder if I'm the only person feeling like this; I know there's all these things I HAVE to do (make dress shopping appointments, browse videographers/hair & makeup/floral-spiration, work on the website, design our STDs/Invites) but I can't seem to summon the motivation - or whatever. I just feel like everything has to be done FIRST and NOW and I just don't know where to start. I guess a little lost is what I'm feeling.....bah.

Yay!! Just from looking at portfolios, the Roots are my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!!! I love their photojournalistic style and how nothing looks really posed. They rule! I'm officially obsessed with your wedding!

Don't give the island in World Showcase Lagoon a second thought. I saw that the first time too and wondered about it. It doesn't obscure the view at all.

There were locations that I nixed from the beginning because of viewing obstacles but Eau de France is great. We originally had UK Pubside booked but outgrew it quickly. I couldn't have been happier with the venue. In fact, loved it so much that I insisted on the same venue for next summer so put that worry out of your mind. You'll have enough to worry about with planning your wedding!! :)

Congratulations on getting your date and locations! I'm so excited for you! And you're getting the Roots! Their work is so gorgeous, you are so lucky! :goodvibes

Congratulations elphie101!!!! I stumbled across this board and immediately recognized both you and DF- I am also a Suffolk grad and you will probably recognize me by my username.

I just want to say I am so excited for both of you and honestly wish you the very best. You are both truly wonderful people and I am so glad you found each other. I am so excited to follow your wedding planning!!

2 weeks between updates is NOT how I envisioned my PJ going! I actually had to read through my old updates to see what I had and hadn't covered :sad2: A big detriment to the wedding planning process is the fact that I currently don't have a computer of my own - my laptop crashed right after we got back from our September engagement trip and has been on and off ever since. I've been using Kevin's iPad and Macbook for all my internet needs, but it really has slowed my wedding planning almost to a stop, as certain things (like the automatic tax calculations in Carrie's book and our Word document guest list) I can't get to work right on Apple products and there are some things (like wedding dress research!) I just don't want him to stumble upon in his history. I used to be able to do some stuff at work but we're insanely busy at the moment, so wedding-wise things are a bit frustrating at the moment.

Room Block & Accommodations & Honeymoon
I realized before that while I mentioned we got our LOA I never talked about our room block! We decided to block rooms at Beach Club and Pop Century, which made the process fairly simple. We decided to skip on blocking a moderate resort because we have to pay for transportation since our wedding is in park, and we feel like very few guests would have stayed at a mod anyway (since our guests are almost all friends from college looking for the cheapest accommodations possible, or family looking to splurge on their trip).

Kevin and I also decided to rent DVC points since we're paying for our honeymoon/Disney stay and every little bit of money counts! We found a member and our reservation is booked, though we haven't paid yet so I'm a little hesitant to call it confirmed. We're saving over 50% from what we would have paid had we booked through our room rate!

Which brings me to the honeymoon........Kevin has agreed to give in to my wishes (mwahaha) and we will be taking a 7-Night Disney Cruise on the Fantasy!!! I'm so excited to FINALLY be on a cruise ship I could die! Of course, our wedding is on a Sunday, and the 7-nighters only leave on Saturdays, so I guess we just HAVE to spend the week in between at WDW! Kevin is getting his dream honeymoon (a WDW trip) and I am getting mine and everyone is happy (except our bank accounts of course - oof).

Wedding Planner & Planning Session
We got assigned our planner last week after we sent in our LOA and we've scheduled our planning session! We have a tasting at the Boardwalk followed by our planning session at Franck's on Friday May 2nd. As much as it kills a little part of me to not go EXACTLY at the six month mark, I am super excited that we got the date we did because now we have a chance to do the Expedition Everest Challenge! I've been dying to try this race and I'm excited that we have a "reason" to be there for it. Next step (aside from booking airfare, rooms, and the race itself once registration is open) will be to start researching hair and make-up so I can hopefully get a trial in while we're down there as well.

I bit the bullet and ordered the rhinestones I really wanted from eBay since I wasn't having time to go out to JoAnn's to find the slightly cheaper ones, and it's about damn time I assembled my bridal party! I present to you DISBoards my first wedding DIY project:

6jg86q.jpg

Overall I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out - I placed mine far too low on the shirt (but that's why I did mine first instead of one of the ladies) and one of the rhinestones got moved and then glued to the shirt in slightly the wrong place, but overall not too shabby! I'll be giving mine to my MOH tomorrow and sending one off to Florida this weekend - the other two (for my cousins) will be distributed over the holidays.

Aaaaaand finally - I start dress shopping on Saturday! I feel like I should be more excited about it, but honestly I'm a little intimidated - I'm so worry about being scammed by stores marking up the price or by having cheap quality dresses I feel like I can't enjoy it as much as I could. Not to mention I know NOTHING about what I was in terms of designers and fabrics - bah.

We also got our engagement pics back - they're AMAZING! - but I'll be saving that for another post. It's back to work for me! See you all real soon!

Yay!! Just from looking at portfolios, the Roots are my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!!! I love their photojournalistic style and how nothing looks really posed. They rule! I'm officially obsessed with your wedding!

I'm totally biased, but it's so hard NOT to love the Roots style! Plus I've been following their blog for so long that I feel like it would be such a letdown not to use them, one way or another. I couldn't be more excited!

Don't give the island in World Showcase Lagoon a second thought. I saw that the first time too and wondered about it. It doesn't obscure the view at all.

There were locations that I nixed from the beginning because of viewing obstacles but Eau de France is great. We originally had UK Pubside booked but outgrew it quickly. I couldn't have been happier with the venue. In fact, loved it so much that I insisted on the same venue for next summer so put that worry out of your mind. You'll have enough to worry about with planning your wedding!! :)

Your words make me so relieved :goodvibes Thank you for alleviating my fears!!

Congratulations on getting your date and locations! I'm so excited for you! And you're getting the Roots! Their work is so gorgeous, you are so lucky! :goodvibes

Thank you!!! I can't wait to see more of your wedding (especially your DP) - I love seeing your gorgeous Epcot wedding and it's been such an inspiration :)

Congratulations elphie101!!!! I stumbled across this board and immediately recognized both you and DF- I am also a Suffolk grad and you will probably recognize me by my username.

I just want to say I am so excited for both of you and honestly wish you the very best. You are both truly wonderful people and I am so glad you found each other. I am so excited to follow your wedding planning!!

Of course I know who you are!! ;) Believe it or not this isn't the first time I've encountered Suffolk people on the DISBoards - so funny. You are so sweet and thank you so much for your kind words :goodvibes Glad to see you around and hope all is just as well with you!

So excited about your honeymoon news... the cruise will be perfect!! Have you thought about which itinerary you'd like to do?

Love the bridal party tshirts too :goodvibes

So excited about your honeymoon news... the cruise will be perfect!! Have you thought about which itinerary you'd like to do?

Love the bridal party tshirts too :goodvibes

We booked the 10/18 Eastern Caribbean, mostly because that's the only 7 Nighter that fit with our dates, but I'm excited about 3 sea days! I'm less thrilled about St. Maarten (which I've been to before with my family and didn't love) but in my eyes, we're paying for the ship more than the islands so I'm still thrilled!

Elphie--

I'm surprised you waited so long! Wedding dress shopping was literally the first thing I did after I got engaged. My fiance and I got engaged in December 2012 in Epcot. In January 2013, I went dress shopping and will have my dress in a bag all the way up until the wedding in December 2014! LOL!

I don't think you necessarily need to know "much" about wedding dresses to go shopping. My approach was...whatever looks pretty. And you know whether you like ruching, or too much fluff, or "bling." Tell your bridal consultant the looks you like and don't like...and they'll get it for you. A David's Bridal store consultant will make it super easy if you're going to a big store like that...and I imagine anyone at a smaller boutique will also be just fine.

For me--wedding dress shopping was EASY because I had been in love with the first Alfred Angelo "Belle" dress for years--before I even met my fiance. So, I just located one of the only two shops in all of Utah that sells the Disney Alfred Angelo's. I tried on a couple other dresses for good measure (and did go to a David's Bridal)...but the Belle dress met my every expectation. It was love at first sight...even though I cheated on it a little bit by trying others. :)

Good luck in your shopping!

Elphie--

I'm surprised you waited so long! Wedding dress shopping was literally the first thing I did after I got engaged. My fiance and I got engaged in December 2012 in Epcot. In January 2013, I went dress shopping and will have my dress in a bag all the way up until the wedding in December 2014! LOL!

I don't think you necessarily need to know "much" about wedding dresses to go shopping. My approach was...whatever looks pretty. And you know whether you like ruching, or too much fluff, or "bling." Tell your bridal consultant the looks you like and don't like...and they'll get it for you. A David's Bridal store consultant will make it super easy if you're going to a big store like that...and I imagine anyone at a smaller boutique will also be just fine.

For me--wedding dress shopping was EASY because I had been in love with the first Alfred Angelo "Belle" dress for years--before I even met my fiance. So, I just located one of the only two shops in all of Utah that sells the Disney Alfred Angelo's. I tried on a couple other dresses for good measure (and did go to a David's Bridal)...but the Belle dress met my every expectation. It was love at first sight...even though I cheated on it a little bit by trying others. :)

Good luck in your shopping!

Thank you! It's just so odd for me because I know exactly what I want in bridesmaids outfits and groom/groomsmen outfits - but not my own! Some things I just see so clearly what I want and my dress is totally not one of them. It was a good experience though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter