Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust! Jenn & Kevin 10/12/14 Italy/ADH/France - The End (7/2016 New TR Link!)

Congratulations on choosing your gown! It's so gorgeous! I've never seen detail like those diagonal pleats all the way down! Unique but simple and classic, beautiful choice! How exciting!

Also, I love your engagement photos! You guys look like you're having such a blast! So romantic and fun and natural! I love them!

Congratulations on finding your perfect dress!! And what a bargain, too! It looks GREAT on you (although they all did, to be fair)...and I love that it's different from anything else I've seen, but so elegant and classy and flattering...and you said it was comfortable too! WOW! You did GOOD!!!

I haven't seen "I Found The Gown", I'll have to look for it.

Brooke

Congratulations on choosing your gown! It's so gorgeous! I've never seen detail like those diagonal pleats all the way down! Unique but simple and classic, beautiful choice! How exciting!

Also, I love your engagement photos! You guys look like you're having such a blast! So romantic and fun and natural! I love them!

I really love how simple it is, especially because I'll be having my brooch bouquet and I have a pretty big personality to begin with - I don't need a dress louder than me, it's too much noise! Thank you for your sweet words :goodvibes

Congratulations on finding your perfect dress!! And what a bargain, too! It looks GREAT on you (although they all did, to be fair)...and I love that it's different from anything else I've seen, but so elegant and classy and flattering...and you said it was comfortable too! WOW! You did GOOD!!!

I haven't seen "I Found The Gown", I'll have to look for it.

Brooke

Thank you!! I only saw one episode of the show (my dad called to tell me it was on and he was excited it was in Massachusetts :lmao:), but I think they've only aired one season. My consultant said the episode filming at the time should be airing next spring.

It was super light and comfortable, perfect for Florida in October!!

On a side note, I had to make sure I posted today, as it is 299 DAYS TILL THE WEDDING!! I'm very excited to be in the 200s now - we won't be dropping another hundred until the end of March! I have a feeling though that the next 100 days are going to be some of the slowest now as we just wait for time to happen!

I should have another update soon - I've bought the first few of my brooches for my bouquet and my save the dates are almost done, so you guys will see them soon!

<3

Hi! I just wanted to say congrats and your plans sound amazing! Congrats on your dress as well, it looks very classic but still has a modern touch - and I'm sure it will look amazing with your bouquet! Will you use a mix of old and new brooches?

Beautiful wedding dress, and I love your save the date photos!

I hope you enjoy using the Roots. We're going to use them too for our 12/08 wedding. I'm honestly kinda nervous--but I'm sure it'll be fine.

Yay for you! :)

Tiffiny

hi ladies! I hope those of you that celebrated Christmas had a lovely holiday. We're lucky enough that all of our family is 30-40 minutes apart from each other, but that means we ended up doing 4 Christmases total! It was wonderful but tiring!

Awhile back Kevin's mother asked me what I wanted for Christmas, and I gave her a link to a brooch for my bouquet that was the feeling I wanted. Well she took that link and ran with it and now I have a good chunk of my brooch bouquet - only 50-60 more to go! :lmao:

I bought the two on the left from eBay, but DF's mom found the rest. I just love that I'll be able to look at bouquet on the wedding day and remember this Christmas with the brooches. Even DF's dad picked on out! I also got a brooch from China today, so now I have 9! I have to get cracking at it, that's for sure. I was able to ask my aunt on Christmas to help me with the construction so I'm thankful I've gotten that done.

The big thing give been researching right now is videography. I'm not even sure what's in our budget (and we're overdue for a budget conversation as it is) but every time I bring up video with my mom she tells me to find someone I love and come to her with the quote. That's all well and good, but right now the problem is finding someone that's available! The Roots gave us recommendations but they're either booked or not for us, and I've sent out some inquires but so far everyone is booked. Blegh. I can't wait to just pick someone and determine they're in our budget and go with it! I hope we find someone we love!

We're also having our engagement party in 4 weeks; I feel pretty silly having and engagement party when we'll already have been engaged for 4 months at that point, but it was really important to my mom to throw one and with the US government shut down a few months ago (she's a federal employee) and then the holidays it just kept getting pushed back. I don't mind doing it to make her happy, I'm just going to make it clear to everyone we certainly don't expect gifts, just come and have a good time!

Well that's it for now..........just waiting for time to happen hahaha. Dare I say my next update will be in 2014? (Wedding year!!!!)

Hi! I just wanted to say congrats and your plans sound amazing! Congrats on your dress as well, it looks very classic but still has a modern touch - and I'm sure it will look amazing with your bouquet! Will you use a mix of old and new brooches?

Hi there and thank you!! I like seeing new faces :goodvibes In terms of brooches, right now the most important thing to me is the color - I want it to be as solid cobalt/royal blue as I can possibly get it. How I get there (old brooches, new ones, however) I don't care as much about, I just really want that POP of color! We'll see how it goes.

Beautiful wedding dress, and I love your save the date photos!

I hope you enjoy using the Roots. We're going to use them too for our 12/08 wedding. I'm honestly kinda nervous--but I'm sure it'll be fine.

Yay for you! :)

Tiffiny

I have never heard a bad word about the Roots, I'm sure you'll adore them. I keep up with their blog, it's a great way to get to know them. Also if you're not doing an engagement shoot (which we aren't, since I wanted my Boston pictures) see if they will be in Disney if you go down for your planning session. As of a little bit ago they were in talks to do a wedding in Disney during our planning session trip and if that bride books them we'll be able to meet them over the weekend! I'm hoping it goes through, and I'm sure you could make a similar arrangement if they'll be in the area!

Sooooooo.............I got my date!!! 12/13/14 at noon in the beautiful Wedding Pavilion :D

YAY!!!! CONGRATS!!!! Nothing quite like the relief of having your date!

I think your brooches look great so far and it's very cute that you're still having flowers! I'm really interested in how they will turn out and even more in how you make the bouquet!

How exciting that DF's parents got involved in finding the brooches for your bouquet, that will make it even more special! All the ones you have so far are SO pretty, I think the finished product will be GORGEOUS.

For video, we've chosen Cinemedia, but we also looked pretty seriously at Trinity and Key Moment Films. We liked StarFruit but she was too pricey for us. I watched about a million short videos during the videographer search. That part was a lot of fun.

I've heard good things about STVS if you want a more documentary style video, and I believe his prices are pretty good, too. We're spending more than I originally wanted to, but I'm pretty excited about the final product we'll get.

Good luck!

Brooke

So the big news of the day is.............we've officially booked our planning session trip! We'll be in WDW Thursday 5/1 - Sunday 5/4. Thanks to Kevin's Southwest rewards points and my Southwest gift card, we were able to get round trip flights for the two of us for $173!! I'm pretty much over the moon about it. Kevin's parents and my mom are also going to join us for the trip as well, which will be a fun time (although Kevin's dad will have to keep himself busy during the planning session parts!)

Here is our tentative schedule for the trip:

Thursday May 1st
10:00am: Flight leaves Boston
2:45pm: Flight lands in Orlando
3:00pm-evening: Magical Express to Pop Century (still not booked), HOPEFULLY hair & make-up trial with Patricia LeJeune, free evening

Friday May 2nd
9:00am-11:00am: Tasting @ Boardwalk Inn (probably traveling by taxi)
11:00am-1:00pm: Head to MK resort area, probable lunch at MK resort (if we're hungry!)
1:00pm-5:00pm: Planning Session @ Franck's
5:00pm-onward: Free evening

Saturday May 3rd
Possible breakfast with parents (Kevin's parents love Boma!), all parents fly out today, free time during the day
Before 3:00pm: Packet pickup at ESPN
10:00pm-2:30am: Expedition Everest 5K and party!

Sunday May 4th
Recover from race, free morning
5:30pm: Flight leaves Orlando
11:40pm: Flight lands in Boston

There are large gaps of just "free time" but other than Saturday our days are pretty booked! We don't think we'll be visiting the parks this trip - I have a 1-day hopper left over from my cast member days but sadly we have no way to get Kevin into the parks. We don't want to activate our APs for just one day, and the price of a one-day ticket is just so expensive, so we'll probably just fill our free time with resort hopping, pool time, and DTD.

Our original plan was to leave Thursday night so I wouldn't need to use a vacation day, but the 10:00am flight is much cheaper, so now that we're arriving earlier I have the chance to actually do a hair and makeup trial. When I first contacted Patricia in November she was available Thursday afternoon, so I'm going to call them today to see if that's still the case - fingers crossed!

Other than that, still a waiting game over here. I'm in two productions at the moment (Peter Pan and The Complete Works of William Shakespeare [Abridged]) which means I have 3-5 hours of rehearsal 4 days a week. I love these shows, and the people I work with, but I am TIRED. I've been in nonstop rehearsals/shows since last June, so once Shakespeare is over at the end of February it's time for a break! (Good timing too, as that's probably when we'll start BM dress shopping!)

My MOH and I will be stuffing and sending out our STDs next weekend (she's still finishing up the design), and then the engagement party is the weekend after that, so I should have lots of fun pictures soon! 276 days to go!

I think your brooches look great so far and it's very cute that you're still having flowers! I'm really interested in how they will turn out and even more in how you make the bouquet!

Thanks!! I'm really trying to stay with flower shapes as of right now (no dragonflies or bug brooches please!) but I may branch out as it gets later as I'd rather have my bold blue color than all flowers. I can't wait to see it come together!

How exciting that DF's parents got involved in finding the brooches for your bouquet, that will make it even more special! All the ones you have so far are SO pretty, I think the finished product will be GORGEOUS.

For video, we've chosen Cinemedia, but we also looked pretty seriously at Trinity and Key Moment Films. We liked StarFruit but she was too pricey for us. I watched about a million short videos during the videographer search. That part was a lot of fun.

I've heard good things about STVS if you want a more documentary style video, and I believe his prices are pretty good, too. We're spending more than I originally wanted to, but I'm pretty excited about the final product we'll get.

Good luck!

Brooke

Thanks for the recs.....Key Moment and Cinemedia were both suggested by The Roots but I'm not 100% in love with Key Moment and Cinemedia seems SO expensive (we're hoping to stay around $1000). I'm also not head over heels for Trinity.......I guess I'm just assuming I would fall in love with a videographer like I fell in love with The Roots, but maybe I'll just have to pick the one I like best, even if I don't feel totally in love with them. It's an odd way of phrasing it, but I know I have to make a decision soon.

I can't wait to see the finished product of your bouquet! I know it's going to be amazing!!

You and me both! I'm really hoping to get it done over the summer!

Who are you playing in Peter Pan? Are you doing the musical? I directed it last year and it was such a highlight of my career. It IS rather strange to work on, though. The Darling family, the Indians, Pirates and Lost Boys all feel like they're in different shows!

Who are you playing in Peter Pan? Are you doing the musical? I directed it last year and it was such a highlight of my career. It IS rather strange to work on, though. The Darling family, the Indians, Pirates and Lost Boys all feel like they're in different shows!

In Peter Pan I'll be playing a pirate & Adult Wendy at the end. I totally understand what you mean about the show - we all feel very disjointed and disconnected and even though we open in less than a month (!!!) we still don't feel a real sense of the show structure. I'm sure that will pick up soon though!

In Peter Pan I'll be playing a pirate & Adult Wendy at the end. I totally understand what you mean about the show - we all feel very disjointed and disconnected and even though we open in less than a month (!!!) we still don't feel a real sense of the show structure. I'm sure that will pick up soon though!

Yup, it's weird that way!!! Enjoy the Waltz--- one of my favorite numbers!

Love the bouquet brooches! That is a gorgeous blue, it's going to look so gorgeous with a bouquet full of them.

Love the PS plans too! Great price on the flight. :goodvibes Can't wait to hear all about it!

Somehow I missed the post about your dress from last month. :eek: It's gorgeous, and looks really great on you! And those savings - that was an amazing price.

Love the color of your brooches, by the way. They are a similar color as one of the ones we're considering. :dance3:

Yup, it's weird that way!!! Enjoy the Waltz--- one of my favorite numbers!

I love the waltz too! It's our most dance-y number, which just means it's the most blundering around we get to do!

Love the bouquet brooches! That is a gorgeous blue, it's going to look so gorgeous with a bouquet full of them.

Love the PS plans too! Great price on the flight. :goodvibes Can't wait to hear all about it!

The blue is my favorite part! I can't wait to see what it all looks like mushed together :goodvibes

Somehow I missed the post about your dress from last month. :eek: It's gorgeous, and looks really great on you! And those savings - that was an amazing price.

Love the color of your brooches, by the way. They are a similar color as one of the ones we're considering. :dance3:

Thank you! The dress price really is outstanding. And of course I'm completely biased but I think cobalt is perfect for a wedding - it fits all seasons!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter