Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust! Jenn & Kevin 10/12/14 Italy/ADH/France - The End (7/2016 New TR Link!)

My Save the Dates are finally in the mail! I am in love with them, I think they came out perfectly. My MOH designed everything as well as bought the materials (since she has a degree in graphic design) although it was a little bit of a rocky path. One of those things about mixing business and friendship I guess. We'll be going forward with doing the invites together (and starting WAY earlier on them) but I'm definitely going in wary - we both decided if it gets to be too much for either of us we'll just pull the plug and I'll hire someone; friendship comes first.

Here they are!:

The address label wraps around the back of the envelope - it has our last names and return address on it!

I went to my MOH's place on Saturday for an all day designing/printing/assembling session - gluing in the liners, printing the magnets and rounding the corners, and printing the labels. Of course, with the holiday weekend they didn't actually end up in the mail until Tuesday morning, but I'm hopeful that our guests who live in New England will get them by our engagement party (since our more local guests are the ones who are invited to the engagement part), so we'll see what happens. I think it would be really fun and exciting if everyone at the party got their Save the Dates that day or the day before.

Speaking of the party, it'll be a balmy 34 over the weekend, or at least I'm hoping it will be - the next few days are going to be 16 degrees! :sad2: Ugh, I am so over winter; I don't know how you Canadian brides can handle it.

Between family and friends we're expecting 50-60 for the party, which is a good amount (we're aiming for 70 for the wedding). My mom also says that the e-party RSVP is telling of who will actually come to the wedding, so that's at least distant relatives who probably won't be making it :woohoo: More food and booze money! (It sounds awful I know, but in this case these are the last of my mother's "must invite or we will insult them" cousins who I haven't seen since 2000, so to me at least it's not the end of the world.)

After the party it's all theater theater theater for me, so I'm not expecting to get much done wedding-wise in February. BUT I can't wait for March - that's bridesmaid month!

One of the things I've realized is because we only have 13 months to plan our wedding (only.....bah) every month has a "thing" that gets done that month. Observe:

Sept 2013: Got engaged, penciled in with Disney
Oct 2013: Got our venues & photographer
Nov 2013: Booked hair & makeup
Dec 2013: Found my dress
Jan 2014: Save the Dates
Feb 2014: ??? (Hopefully video!)
March 2014: Bridesmaid dresses!
April 2014: Planning session kit
May 2014: Alterations (plus planning session)
June 2014: Invitations
July 2014: Menswear shopping
Aug 2014: Bachelorette Party! (Priorities am I right?), plus RSVP deadline
Sept 2014: Tying up loose ends....
Oct 2014: GET MARRIED!!!

Obviously there are plenty of little things I'm not mentioning, but every month pretty much has a theme of the wedding thing I have to get done - the organizer in me loves it!

A few more things:

** Finally, I finished my wedding website (or at least I think I did!). You can see the link on our STDs above, but its http://www.mywedding.com/jennandkevin2014. thoughts? (Kevin wanted me to add more about FP+ and touring tips from us, but I don't want to overwhelm our guests who have never been to Disney & those who haven't been since pre-FP).

** I officially have my trial booked with Patricia! It will be at Pop Century the day we arrive for our PS - actually an hour and a half after we land, so it's cutting it a little close with Magical Express and all, but I'm hopeful that it will all work out. My mom also wants to do a trial with Patricia, so we'll see if that can be scheduled as well.

That's a very stream of conscious update, but there's been a lot going on, and I might not have much going on for awhile!

The Save-The-Dates look really great, as do the envelopes. :goodvibes I love stationary. And I just realized how similar our colors are, though our blue is navy.

So, I thought I'd check out your website, and I've got to say, it's really cute! I hope you don't mind, but I may re-purpose some the information you have on there (such as the Walt Disney World, Accommodation, Travel, and Tips sections), because I really like how you did those. I think, overall, it's got most, if not everything, most guests would need. Kevin may be right about needing some information about FP+ in there, though - you wouldn't need a large amount of information, just a small blurb with a link to the Disney site(s) explaining it. Also, it could be good to mention that if there are any table service restaurants they would like to dine at, it is best to make a reservation in advance. Again, small blurb, and links to maybe the dining plans and the dining reservation section of the site.

Hope you two have a lot of fun at your engagement party!

LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress!!!!!!! It looks so great on you!

Thank you!! I love it too :goodvibes

The Save-The-Dates look really great, as do the envelopes. :goodvibes I love stationary. And I just realized how similar our colors are, though our blue is navy.

So, I thought I'd check out your website, and I've got to say, it's really cute! I hope you don't mind, but I may re-purpose some the information you have on there (such as the Walt Disney World, Accommodation, Travel, and Tips sections), because I really like how you did those. I think, overall, it's got most, if not everything, most guests would need. Kevin may be right about needing some information about FP+ in there, though - you wouldn't need a large amount of information, just a small blurb with a link to the Disney site(s) explaining it. Also, it could be good to mention that if there are any table service restaurants they would like to dine at, it is best to make a reservation in advance. Again, small blurb, and links to maybe the dining plans and the dining reservation section of the site.

Hope you two have a lot of fun at your engagement party!

I wanted the colors to be as bold as possible, so I'm really happy with how they turned out.

Feel free to copy! I'd love to help other brides in any way. The WDW section especially was just such a pain to write too, so I don't mind sparing you that misery.

I'll probably throw a small blurb in the WDW section about FP+ and ADRs today - some of my guests that live close to Boston (where I mailed them from) have already gotten their STD (which is surprisingly quick!) so I'll have to make those additions ASAP!

Interrupting my replies to bring you an important update: we officially have video!! (Well, not 100% officially, as no money has exchanged hands, but it will in a day or so!) Who did we book?

Trinity Wedding Cinema!!

I'll be honest, I didn't contact them right away because with how often their name gets thrown out I assumed they were already booked. Plus where we are a weekend wedding I figured they'd be more expensive - but they are the cheapest available that we've encountered, and I'm very impressed with David's response time over e-mail. We'll be submitting the agreement in a few days, but I can't tell you the huge weight off my shoulders that we've finally found video - that's almost all our vendors down! Just need to investigate outside florists for our personal - even if it's only $10 cheaper a bouquet or something it's worth it to me to save, and we aren't in danger of not meeting the minimum by any means.

Whoo!

Love your save the dates. We've also just booked Trinity Wedding Cinema. I thought their videos were amazing and reasonably priced as well. I found David was always quick to respond as well which I liked.

Hi Jenn!!!!

I just caught up on your pj. Everything looks great so far. We have a few things in common so it's awesome to see someone with a wedding time (Sept. 20) similar to mine with a few things like me working on it. Our colors are white, navy, and lime green and I am doing a brooch bouquet too, but mine won't have any colors in it so we're like wedding twins.

We also just sent out our Save the Dates last week and our planning session is scheduled like 3 days after you. It's crazy, but awesome. I love everything you have so far. Your engagement pictures are incredible. I love the autumn vibe and city feel and your Save the Dates are super trendy and contemporary which is totally my style. I can't wait to follow on your wedding journey and look forward to hearing more!
:woohoo:

I love your save the dates! Especially those envelopes! Those are so sharp!

I love how you've organized your months into major tasks as well. I wish I had thought of looking at it that way, it's so clever! And congrats on getting video sorted out!

Also, here's a second to your so-over-winter! I am so over this winter! I just heard it's supposed to be -33C/-27F here tonight, what did we do to deserve this! It's supposed to be like -2C/28F this time of year. I've never wanted to move to FL or CA more than I do right now... warmer weather plus closer to Disney now please!

I'm new here so I'm just catching up but congrats on everything so far! Was interesting to see how you've mapped out your schedule as we're getting married just a few weeks later and you see a lot of things about wedding timelines but Disney weddings are so different!

I totally understand about distant relatives not coming having a bit of an upside, the beauty of a destination wedding is less obligation to feed dozens of people you're really not all that familiar with! Then it's all the more you can spend on giving those who can make it an even more magical experience

Love your save the dates. We've also just booked Trinity Wedding Cinema. I thought their videos were amazing and reasonably priced as well. I found David was always quick to respond as well which I liked.

Yeah, one of the few people we (ok, I - Kevin remains in "whatever you say honey" mode :sad2:) liked who were available had starting packages of $3500 - STARTING. Sure they included some things Trinity didn't (such as raw footage, which I'm almost certain we'll be purchasing), but they also would not negotiate to fewer hours (which Trinity did). I feel really good about where we stand with them and who we picked, even though I have heard with their popularity increase it can be 4+ months to get a video back).

Hi Jenn!!!!

I just caught up on your pj. Everything looks great so far. We have a few things in common so it's awesome to see someone with a wedding time (Sept. 20) similar to mine with a few things like me working on it. Our colors are white, navy, and lime green and I am doing a brooch bouquet too, but mine won't have any colors in it so we're like wedding twins.

We also just sent out our Save the Dates last week and our planning session is scheduled like 3 days after you. It's crazy, but awesome. I love everything you have so far. Your engagement pictures are incredible. I love the autumn vibe and city feel and your Save the Dates are super trendy and contemporary which is totally my style. I can't wait to follow on your wedding journey and look forward to hearing more!
:woohoo:

Oh my gosh, talk about wedding twins! I just adore how white goes with the colors (I'm planning on all white bouquets for my BMs to pop against their cobalt dresses), I can't wait to see how you play around with your colors. And the brooches too!!

I'm very happy with how the STDs came out - I think they set the perfect tone for what I want my wedding to be (modern, playful, untraditional) and showcase our style very well. I'll have to catch up on your PJ too!

Hi Jenn!
Your save the dates look awesome!!!
I'm eager to hear more soon!!!

Cheers,
Katharina

Thank you! I'll hopefully post more later today or tomorrow - stupid work :headache:

I love your save the dates! Especially those envelopes! Those are so sharp!

I love how you've organized your months into major tasks as well. I wish I had thought of looking at it that way, it's so clever! And congrats on getting video sorted out!

Also, here's a second to your so-over-winter! I am so over this winter! I just heard it's supposed to be -33C/-27F here tonight, what did we do to deserve this! It's supposed to be like -2C/28F this time of year. I've never wanted to move to FL or CA more than I do right now... warmer weather plus closer to Disney now please!

It's the stage manager in me that loves to organize - if I break it down to a little bit at a time it won't seem like so much - at least I think that's what my brain is trying to tell me.

That weather!! :scared1: I swear I don't know how people stand it! Maybe if I had grown up there I'd be used to it - but I can barely stand the weather down here now (around 10F, which I guess is -12 according to Google!)

I'm new here so I'm just catching up but congrats on everything so far! Was interesting to see how you've mapped out your schedule as we're getting married just a few weeks later and you see a lot of things about wedding timelines but Disney weddings are so different!

I totally understand about distant relatives not coming having a bit of an upside, the beauty of a destination wedding is less obligation to feed dozens of people you're really not all that familiar with! Then it's all the more you can spend on giving those who can make it an even more magical experience

Hi and welcome!! :wave2: When's your date, do you have your locations yet?

I think a destination wedding is truly perfect for us, I love how it's working out so far! It's funny, I keep thinking/talking about how every person that can't come is money saved, but let's be honest, it probably won't be that way - it'll just be splurged on things like our DP and adult beverages!

You're right, there! And yep, we have our venues and date all set (Seabreeze/Backstage Prop Shop, Nov 18)! I love your venues though, Italy is absolutely breathtaking and we both definitely had a good long ummmmmmmm there when we were doing some scouting before our official site visit! It wasn't somewhere we'd originally considered but the production value of that place is off the charts. If my fiance was open to a morning ceremony we would've been there or Germany for sure.

I must admit I fall into the 'whatever you want' trap a little but I'm doing loads of research so I can at least be somewhat useful and 100% less strangled by my bride-to-be. Basically she comes up with the 'what' and I come back with the 'how'! It has meant I don't have to come up with an opinion on things I'm no good at and she doesn't have to feel like she's doing it all by herself. I might not have a strong opinion on dahlias but I can get excited about the money we're saving/spending on other stuff! Moar characters! All the characters! They shall outnumber our guests!

Also I just recently contacted the Roots, I spent over 3 hours on their blog last Saturday night and I think they're amazing. We both have film degrees so composition and creativity mean a lot to us and we get real picky but they just blew me away. I can totally understand your excitement, you know already that your pictures are gonna be awesome.

I'm alive! Well, barely. Peter Pan is over, but about a week ago I woke up with a total raging head cold, which meant going through the show in fear of losing my voice and taking my first sick day at work. Literally felt like my sinuses were full of lead. :sick:

But you didn't come to my PJ to read about my sickness did you?

I feel the need to update today, as the wedding is
8 MONTHS from today!! It seems so ridiculous that starting tomorrow I'll be able to say "7 months a XX weeks/days" - bah! I feel like all of a sudden there's a lot to get done that wasn't there before, but I'm still not in full wedding mode - I have another play opening up in 16 days - but once March comes it'll be all wedding, all the time.

So some updates:

Videographer - In case you're one of those people that only reads from the chapter links and skips the middle chatter (of which I'm guilty of too, especially when it's a long thread!) we booked our videographer about 2 weeks ago. We'll be using Trinity Wedding Cinema! I'm very excited about it. I definitely admired their work but didn't contact them as I assumed they'd be booked up, and we're getting them within our budget, albeit without some of the extras I would like, such as a sneak peek and raw footage. I'm thinking Kevin and I can add those on out of our pocket as time goes though, since they're upgrades I really want.

Bridesmaids - So March is Bridesmaids month as I've been calling it, and I've been trying to nail down exactly what I want for my girls. I know I want them all in royal blue, chiffon dresses at around knee length, and I'm leaning towards a sweetheart but other than that I want to experiment a little with what looks best on them. If we go out and they all look smashing in halters I'll probably change my mind then and there!

Some of my favorites so far:

5570efc553beec2b5cd6386fbb50de9f.jpg

151-023aabebf1fe000000023aab7091d5000a1f-medium.jpg

390-373e8e5960ad04050b-medium.jpg

cc896d89f4c0dfd9bff2a77e40e59d5c.jpg

8f8bfa1b7196bbffbbf7778e58157e81.jpg

(but in Royal Blue of course!)

I just discovered Bill Levkoff dresses yesterday and so far they're my favorite (the first three). I really love the structured top of the third one, but not the color - I need the bold blue of the first two. But according to the website, they're all the same color (Horizon) so I'm hoping it's just one of those silly website things where the color doesn't quite match. If Horizon is really that darker color I'll be devastated :guilty: The bottom two are Dessy and Alfred Angelo respectively. I'll be making appointments for some weekends in March to go looking with my 3 MA girls - there are two shops that carry Dessy & Bill Levkoff dresses that are only 10 minutes from the nearest AA realtor so we might be able to get a lot done in one day!

In terms of flowers, I want all the girls to have very simple white bouquets, probably hydrangeas. These are some of my favorite inspiration pics:

431e6cac746a69194884ad530e401496.jpg

14f4322dd4967a6b8f99a4e5e6f38dca.jpg

82efa008ae8a776f1723cfc5f75b593e.jpg

I know only one of those is all hydrangeas, but I honestly don't care about what KIND of flower it is - as long as it's all white and not crazy expensive! I just love the girls in blue dresses with white flowers contrasting to my white dress and blue brooch-flowers.

I was really bummed though about not including my green somehow - I figured I'd give my MOH a green sash if it looks good to make her stand out, but that was all I could think of - until I stumbled upon this beauty on Pinterest yesterday:

234a4bb8635f4b383738df07ef94006e.jpg

I am in LOVE!! So now if it works with the neckline we end up with, I would love to have that necklace for my MOH and something like this for the three BMs:

94cc81cc164fe8846fac4a177e9f58af.jpg

I'm so excited. I've also decided I want them all in updos (of their own choosing), again because I plan on wearing my hair down and I'm obsessed with contrast :thumbsup2 The one thing I don't 100% know yet is shoes, but I'm thinking silver and not too high a heel - I'll probably let them pick their own.

Eeeee I can't wait!!! Only 8 months to go :yay:

You're right, there! And yep, we have our venues and date all set (Seabreeze/Backstage Prop Shop, Nov 18)! I love your venues though, Italy is absolutely breathtaking and we both definitely had a good long ummmmmmmm there when we were doing some scouting before our official site visit! It wasn't somewhere we'd originally considered but the production value of that place is off the charts. If my fiance was open to a morning ceremony we would've been there or Germany for sure.

I must admit I fall into the 'whatever you want' trap a little but I'm doing loads of research so I can at least be somewhat useful and 100% less strangled by my bride-to-be. Basically she comes up with the 'what' and I come back with the 'how'! It has meant I don't have to come up with an opinion on things I'm no good at and she doesn't have to feel like she's doing it all by herself. I might not have a strong opinion on dahlias but I can get excited about the money we're saving/spending on other stuff! Moar characters! All the characters! They shall outnumber our guests!

Also I just recently contacted the Roots, I spent over 3 hours on their blog last Saturday night and I think they're amazing. We both have film degrees so composition and creativity mean a lot to us and we get real picky but they just blew me away. I can totally understand your excitement, you know already that your pictures are gonna be awesome.

I LOVE the prop shop - it's such a unique and interesting venue! I do think the 9:00am ceremony time is stinky, I know for me I find myself wishing I had a morning of getting ready with my girls, but the privacy of in-park can't be beat. The in-park ceremonies are the only truly private outdoor locations Disney offers IMO.

Yay for grooms with opinions!! Poor DF, I forget what we were talking about the other day (I can't remember for the life of me what it was!) and I gave him a bunch of options but forgot to mention I hated one of the ideas - and guess which one he picked :lmao: Ooops! Trading flowers for characters sounds pretty great to me.

Yeah Roots!!! :cheer2: Excited doesn't even begin to cover it about being a Root bride.

I really like the bridesmaid dresses you are looking at; I've been looking at very similar styles. The color will be pretty and really POP against the white of your dress. I love the necklaces your found, really fun and a great way to bring in the green!

The small white bridesmaid bouquets will be a perfect contrast against their blue dresses...so pretty!

I think silver shoes will work great with any of those...

Brooke

I LOVE the prop shop - it's such a unique and interesting venue! I do think the 9:00am ceremony time is stinky, I know for me I find myself wishing I had a morning of getting ready with my girls, but the privacy of in-park can't be beat. The in-park ceremonies are the only truly private outdoor locations Disney offers IMO.

Yeah it sure seems that way, anything I've heard about the other outdoor locations is that they're quite susceptible to all manner of outside interference but the parks are so well protected that being in there for a private ceremony before it is open to the public would be so magical. For us, it's Seabreeze Point & whoever happens to be on the Boardwalk that day! Even if we were to draw a crowd though, I'm not sure we'd notice!

Hope you're feeling better! It's good you are keeping up with your performing, wedding planning can really burn people out so it's nice you aren't letting it take over your life just yet, some 7 months and xx days out!

I just wanted to chime in and say that I love your planning journal!! I will be subscribing popcorn:: Your wedding website is fantastic and I hope you don't mind me stealing some of your info! Your gown is gorgeous and how cool that you got to go to Vows?!:bride:

Also, my fiancé are getting married in October too! (An escape wedding) If all goes well we will be able to officially book on our 1st choice date Monday, for October 22 :cool1: We are looking at the wedding pavilion and having a dinner reception at the California Grille. If budget allows, we want to do a Dessert Party at Epcot and will not be picky with any spot we can get!

Can't wait to follow your PJ some more!

I really like the bridesmaid dresses you are looking at; I've been looking at very similar styles. The color will be pretty and really POP against the white of your dress. I love the necklaces your found, really fun and a great way to bring in the green!

The small white bridesmaid bouquets will be a perfect contrast against their blue dresses...so pretty!

I think silver shoes will work great with any of those...

Brooke

Thank you! I'm pretty much sold on the silver shoes, and I'm probably going to let the girls pick their own out - as long as they aren't crazy stilettos!

Yeah it sure seems that way, anything I've heard about the other outdoor locations is that they're quite susceptible to all manner of outside interference but the parks are so well protected that being in there for a private ceremony before it is open to the public would be so magical. For us, it's Seabreeze Point & whoever happens to be on the Boardwalk that day! Even if we were to draw a crowd though, I'm not sure we'd notice!

Hope you're feeling better! It's good you are keeping up with your performing, wedding planning can really burn people out so it's nice you aren't letting it take over your life just yet, some 7 months and xx days out!

Seabreeze Point is so beautiful though (it was my mental first choice until Disney changed the outside-photography in the parks rule) that you really can't go wrong with it.

Honestly, I think I wouldn't mind wedding planning taking over my life at this point - and neither would Kevin! He keeps asking "This is going to be the last one, right?" (Not that he doesn't like it - he loves me doing theater - but it's just about crunch time for the wedding!)

I just wanted to chime in and say that I love your planning journal!! I will be subscribing popcorn:: Your wedding website is fantastic and I hope you don't mind me stealing some of your info! Your gown is gorgeous and how cool that you got to go to Vows?!:bride:

Also, my fiancé are getting married in October too! (An escape wedding) If all goes well we will be able to officially book on our 1st choice date Monday, for October 22 :cool1: We are looking at the wedding pavilion and having a dinner reception at the California Grille. If budget allows, we want to do a Dessert Party at Epcot and will not be picky with any spot we can get!

Can't wait to follow your PJ some more!

Hi and welcome!! :wave2: Thanks for chiming in. Please steal whatever you want from the website - anything to help another bride from shlogging it out like I had to (writing the WDW section for me was THE WORST).

Yay October brides!! Fingers crossed you get your date. I've heard nothing but amazing things about California Grill, that sounds like a wonderful wedding!

Oh my goodness -- how did I miss this planning journal? IT'S AMAZING! You and your DF are so adorable!! I love your dress and all the choices you've made for colours, venues, etc. I can't wait to see how it all evolves! Congratulations and best wishes!!!

Oh my goodness -- how did I miss this planning journal? IT'S AMAZING! You and your DF are so adorable!! I love your dress and all the choices you've made for colours, venues, etc. I can't wait to see how it all evolves! Congratulations and best wishes!!!

:blush: You're making me blush! You're too kind. Glad to have you following along!

Hey all. We're in a bit of a stall right now, since we don't start bridesmaid dress shopping till next week, we've only just started working on the planning kit, and of course, theater still has a vice grip on my life (just a few days more!), but it felt strange to not be updating, so here are some random odds and ends that I've pinned lately onto my Pinterest (which I have FINALLY figured out how to use!)

Hair-spiration: I need to have my hair down - it's how I wear it most often, and it feels the most like me. These are my favorite hair-spiration pictures so far (I'm hoping to avoid the big ol'bump you see in so may down-dos - I don't know why it's there!)

5a1692b39ac3bdd9210a2fa9a97b4e9e.jpg

a0ebe5dacb48be99d5db28186ca8050d.jpg

a24ac9b5d1a39b822b5ae4a73d18eccf.jpg

I know I want to wear a crystal headband, with a ribbon tie, something like this:

5d21129db0e28706a7ab7b77f7c27097.jpg

I can't decide what to do about a veil - I might get this one though (it's only $4.00!)

3492c05c3023182d914158f26e8b1cfb.jpg

Finally, I've been thinking about bridal jewelry; I really like these two necklaces (since I have such a beaded neckline I need to keep it simple I know)

bdeb7b13d876ce60b339f9c7db555dd6.jpg

1c4a3d7bd30d8ef7ad389e14844dcc1e.jpg

I don't know what to do about earrings though - I ADORE dangle earrings, it's my one day-to-day jewelry staple (I don't even own a pair of studs).

In non-my attire news, we bought this tie for my brother Greg (aka our officiant):

208618acb38eb1ca108f9b765ebc79ca.jpg

And I want to use this one for the groomsmen (to match the eventual BM dresses):

fb5ec5af48a772dd74d8d0c6b9fb04a2.jpg

I'm just at a loss at what to have for Kevin (and to an extent, his Best Man - I like having the BM stand out but I don't know how!)

This is what I have for DF so far, to go with my white dress/blue bouquet:

370ee114038c0f44e7d3c9e4a05ae5fe.jpg

Last but not least, I've been trying to think about my wedding band - something simple so as not to overpower the E ring, but not boring. (We're going to start band shopping next month as well.) I like this, but I wouldn't want the braid to go all the way around I think.

683bfdd3a404bb8312caef233bd12936.jpg

There's some nice picspam for you! I can't wait for the next 3 weeks or so to go by - then the action will really start picking up and maybe (finally) it might get warm again! I'm so, so, SO over winter.

Only 227 days to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter