Fastpass return or replacement?

I was hoping the new paid fast pass system was going to create a way to build an elevated less stressful experience at Disney. Possibly with more fast passes included with deluxe vs mod vs value. After looking at the Disneyland Paris system I am so dissapointed. They are creating a third rate country fair type of pricing model. I don't want to be nickel and dimed so I can take my kids on buzz light year. The added stress of calculating when to buy fast passes and what to skip vs wait in line is not worth it to me. I'd rather pay for a package that gives me a certain number of fast passes or fast past hours then have to pay for individual rides. I would also support paid fast pass for e-ticket rides and free ones for other rides. But this is just trash.
If they bring this to Disney world this will probably be our last trip for the foreseeable future.
I am happy to pay for an improved experience. We even plan to pay for Universals unlimited fast pass. But I don't want to argue with my wife and kids whether $10x4 is worth it to fast pass Peter pan. I don't want to do budget math on my vacation.
Welcome to Disney, spirit airlines edition.

I keep seeing on the news that different agencies and businesses are trying to entice people to get vaccinated with incentives. What if they offered 3 FP/day of your trip if you could show proof of vaccination? Hell, even set up a vaccination tent at the front of the park to give people an opportunity to do it on the spot.

I keep seeing on the news that different agencies and businesses are trying to entice people to get vaccinated with incentives. What if they offered 3 FP/day of your trip if you could show proof of vaccination? Hell, even set up a vaccination tent at the front of the park to give people an opportunity to do it on the spot.
Yeah...no. Just never gonna happen. Disney won't touch that third rail.

That last part is only good for locals, as the advice is to wait 2 - 4 weeks before the vaccine starts to work properly.

Not gonna happen, but I like the idea. If I get vaccinated 3 times, can I get 9 FP's?

That last part is only good for locals, as the advice is to wait 2 - 4 weeks before the vaccine starts to work properly.

The incentive is to get vaccinated not be fully "protected". We're stuck wearing masks anyway so it doesn't matter from an operational standpoint. That's why having a tent set up on-site might get more people interested.

The incentive is to get vaccinated not be fully "protected". We're stuck wearing masks anyway so it doesn't matter from an operational standpoint. That's why having a tent set up on-site might get more people interested.
Most vaccines require a second dose a few weeks after the first dose. You have to return to the location where you got the initial dose. How would that work out?

And if it were the single-dose vaccine, would people on vacation want to take a needle and risk possible side effects?

Most vaccines require a second dose a few weeks after the first dose. You have to return to the location where you got the initial dose. How would that work out?

And if it were the single-dose vaccine, would people on vacation want to take a needle and risk possible side effects?
No, you don't. You can get the second dose in a different location/state. But I agree that you don't want to deal with side effects on your vacation.
I am good with any incentives to get more people vaccinated, including free FPs. ;-)

Deleted - I see multiple replies the same as mine re: immunity/side effects.

No, you don't. You can get the second dose in a different location/state. But I agree that you don't want to deal with side effects on your vacation.
I am good with any incentives to get more people vaccinated, including free FPs. ;-)
Good to know that now people have options. When we got our first dose in February, they were emphatic about having us return to their location for #2. Perhaps it had more to do with reimbursement than tracking completed vaccinations?

But I agree that incentives elsewhere are a good thing. I just don't feel a vacation spot is the ideal place.

I feel your pain about flights. Family of 4 flying from Charleston, West Virginia to Orlando $2200. Used to be able to do it for half that about 5 years ago. Honestly wouldn’t mind driving (12-13 hrs) but it takes away a few extra days we could be at WDW.

Just a reminder to keep the conversations on topic. Specifically, discussing where you can get a 2nd dose of a vaccine is not on topic.

THANK YOU! This thread is important as we are all hoping that FP news will be coming any day now.
There isn't any information. This thread is pages of speculation with some tangential discussions. Moderators decide how much OT is allowed. The poster who seemed to have some inside info is gone.

I'll agree with consensus. Disney would have already brought back FP+ if that was in the cards.

Disney isn't spending $$$ on Genie then giveaway 3 passes a day.
I suspect most of us will decide which rides are worth $$, which rides are worth a wait and which lesser rides are worth doing due to no wait.
The last time I went on Universe of Energy was on a. 12/31. It was a nice break in the crowded park. AC and walk on.
I wonder how much BP for RotR will cost and how many passes will be allocated for free distribution

Last edited:
IF this is the direction it’s going, our family of 4 would only go 4 days and no park hopper. That estimate makes me sick tbh.

Same. Well, almost same, because I think we would honestly just not go. And I know people will say, oh you say that now, but you'll be back. No, not at those rates I won't. I can think of lots of better ways to spend that money. What I have loved about Disney in recent years is that fastpass has made it so we don't waste our time in lines. We go for longer trips (usually about a week and a half), which means I can typically plan so that we have a fastpass for most major attractions. This is HUGE for us, as a family with 2 little ones who can't tolerate long waits in line, and also, as humans who value our vacation time and would prefer to spend that time relaxing and enjoying ourselves than standing in lines. But if I am spending that much more to be able to have an enjoyable vacation at Disney, I may as well take that money and do something truly luxurious. So not only will I not pay for fastpasses, the lack thereof (or at least a suitable replacement) will just mean I go elsewhere.

I'll agree with consensus. Disney would have already brought back FP+ if that was in the cards.

Disney isn't spending $$$ on Genie then giveaway 3 passes a day.

I still believe that there is going to have to be some incentive for on-site stays. They may not give 3 wishes/fp with each park ticket, but I'd be surprised if on-site guests aren't given some as a perk/inclusion. Disney has been building hotel after hotel after hotel. They have to fill them, and if they want to continue charging what they do, there needs to be some incentive to pay the premium, beyond resort-to-park transportation.

I still believe that there is going to have to be some incentive for on-site stays. They may not give 3 wishes/fp with each park ticket, but I'd be surprised if on-site guests aren't given some as a perk/inclusion. Disney has been building hotel after hotel after hotel. They have to fill them, and if they want to continue charging what they do, there needs to be some incentive to pay the premium, beyond resort-to-park transportation.
Early entry is the incentive

I agree. I don't care about staying onsite unless there are benefits. Sorry, the Holiday Inn Expressi usually stay at is much nicer than rhe value resorts (and I get breakfast). Universal did a great job convincing me to spend the most I have ever spent on a hotel room this last trip (actually, more than twice as much as I had ever spent on a hotel room). Couldn't have cared less about the room, but the Express Pass was great. Disney could raise the room prices and still sell out the hotels if they gave fastpasses to only on site guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter