Favorite classic/nostalgic WDW places

The "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" song that was the original (from the World's Fair) and is in the show currently isn't the COP song of my 1970s childhood, though.

"Now is the time, now is the best time, now is the best time of your life" is the refrain that always stuck in my head.

Ok when we had APs as kids, it was 1990. So I’m not sure if There’s a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow was the song then. According to the wiki it wasn’t, but who knows. I can’t remember the song you mentioned.

Yes. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

I'm my memory it was over by the Speedway, kind of around where 7DMT is now. I'm not sure if that's accurate.

From what I’ve read online 20,000 leagues took up most of what is now the new fantasyland, which includes 7DMT. The water was still there in the early 2000’s. There was a statue of Triton in the water next to the Little Mermaid play area/meet and greet.

That's exactly where I remember it too, sort of behind the carousel. Wasn't the toon town area there too? Or is that where the newer circus area is?

Toon Town was turned into the circus area. The coaster, train station, and large circular buildings on the left (gift shop and meet and greets) were there when it was Toon Town. They’ve just been rethemed. I miss Toon Town! Mickeys mailbox is in his meet and greet gift shop exit, up high above all the stuff for sale.

From what I’ve read online 20,000 leagues took up most of what is now the new fantasyland, which includes 7DMT. The water was still there in the early 2000’s. There was a statue of Triton in the water next to the Little Mermaid play area/meet and greet.

Toon Town was turned into the circus area. The coaster, train station, and large circular buildings on the left (gift shop and meet and greets) were there when it was Toon Town. They’ve just been rethemed. I miss Toon Town! Mickeys mailbox is in his meet and greet gift shop exit, up high above all the stuff for sale.

I’ve never noticed the mailbox, I’ll have to look for it on our next trip.
I also miss Mr Toad’s Wild Ride. My sister was obsessed with it and it was a ‘must do’ every time we went to MK.

Horizons, River Country, Vacation Villas, Top of the World Show, and video game arcade at Contemporary Resort (where Steakhouse 71 is), rainforest lobby at Poly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter