Favorite first restaurant to eat when you arrive

Since we always fly, and airlines are notoriously not on time, our first meal is always at the counter serve of whatever resort we're staying

We usually arrive at BWV around mid-day, so we go across the lake for lunch at Hurricane Hannah’s, sitting at the bar. DW has a burger and fries and I used to have the seared tuna appetizer with a side of fries. That was gone from the bar menu last time we were there (seems like ages, although actually just a year), so I switched to a seafood sandwich and fries, similar to a lobster roll but with cheaper seafood as I recollect.

Breakfast at Boma on our first morning, whether we’re on- or offsite. Flights from the UK get in anywhere between 3.00pm and 5.00pm and after 2-3 hours in the airport at the UK end, a 9 1/2 hour flight and airline food, plus getting through US customs and immigration, sitting down to a meal that evening isn’t really on our radar... 😊

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. We get stuck in our routine and when the routine happens to be closed we got to adapt!

Just for clarification we drive down (through the night) and arrive at Disney around 9am. We then hit a waterpark to get the kids energy out and the adults can relax a bit (3 adults, thanks mom and two kids so one adult can chill while the other two play). We then head back to our room change and go to Chef Mickeys, since that is closed I think Beaches and Cream will work the best for my kids' palattes and a good 'Woo hoo Disney lets go' dinner.

I'm definitely going to look up the rest of the restaurants to see how I can fit them into our plans!
Not sure if I missed something but isn’t chef Mickey currently open? I ate there last week and hadn’t heard anything about closing again.

Raglan Road in Disney Springs is our go to on arrival, no park ticket necessary and we always have a great time from young to old.

Controversial but... Earl of Sandwich.
Why controversial? We haven’t been to Disney in 5/6 years. Used to go every year and feel like I have to learn everything all over again. And now with COVID-19 it’s crazy different. I hope it’s better by our trip in December!

Why controversial? We haven’t been to Disney in 5/6 years. Used to go every year and feel like I have to learn everything all over again. And now with COVID-19 it’s crazy different. I hope it’s better by our trip in December!

Earl of Sandwich tends to be a love it or hate it place with very strong opinions.

It's a chain quick serve place. Not exactly what people think of as special vacation type spot. But it's lovers seem very loyal!

Last edited:
Usually on arrivalk day I am hitting Disney Springs so that measn Earl of Sandwich - probably the Holiday Turkey Sandwich at that.

We're boring (and hungry)...usually try to get the first flight down in the morning, which means we arrive at the resort right around lunch time, half-starved...so our first meal is almost always just quick serve from the resort....anticlimactic I know, but its become a tradition in its own way.

We always eat at Yachtsmen Steakhouse or The Boathouse on our first night.... Years ago we always ate at Wolfgangs on our first day and spent the day at Downtown Disney (Disney Springs)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter