• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Faxing room requests to the hotel

So....why do they pay attention to Touring Plan faxes, yet others on here seem very confident they toss all faxes?

I don't know what to do - I am using Touring plans and don't plan to phone in any requests.
Others here may just be wrong

I do know that TP has designed their fax to be in "room assigner speak" for lack of better words. If you look at their fax after it's created it will make sense. Maybe that makes a difference. I don't think TP has some super secret phone number or access. Personally, I really do think the commonly spread word that faxes are tossed is just incorrect. Maybe they were for a while. Maybe one resort did and word spread to be all of them. No idea, really. You know how things spread as fact on the Internet. Some of the stuff out there has no source, it just lives on and on and was never true.

The one truth I know is they do read them because otherwise, they wouldn't be able to read back to me the notes I included on the fax. I've had multiple resorts do this when I check in. I am not even sure how the notes get in there. If someone types them in or if the image of the fax gets attached to the file somehow.

So....why do they pay attention to Touring Plan faxes, yet others on here seem very confident they toss all faxes?

I don't know what to do - I am using Touring plans and don't plan to phone in any requests.

For the longest time the resorts, except for the 2 Port Orleans resorts, WOULD toss any faxed room requests. The Touring Plans fax service is somewhat new, starting within the last year or so. They must have struck an agreement with WDW as their faxes are not just tossed.

So some folks are going off of outdated information. But that information was accurate not too long ago.

On this subject I still prefer calling in our requests. When you do that the request is included within the details the room assignors get. When faxed the requests are a separate sheet that had to be physically matched and then attached to the detail sheet. There's a chance they could get separated. Although slim, it can and does happen.

The Touring Plans fax service is somewhat new, starting within the last year or so.

This service is at least two years old. The earliest thread I could find regarding the Touring Plans fax service is from April of 2015.

For the longest time the resorts, except for the 2 Port Orleans resorts, WOULD toss any faxed room requests. The Touring Plans fax service is somewhat new, starting within the last year or so. They must have struck an agreement with WDW as their faxes are not just tossed.

So some folks are going off of outdated information. But that information was accurate not too long ago.

On this subject I still prefer calling in our requests. When you do that the request is included within the details the room assignors get. When faxed the requests are a separate sheet that had to be physically matched and then attached to the detail sheet. There's a chance they could get separated. Although slim, it can and does happen.
TP added in their fax room feature in January 2015, if you can believe it. It was a stay at CR that year when they read what I put on my fax back to me for the first time but that wasn't the first time I used it that year.

This service is at least two years old. The earliest thread I could find regarding the Touring Plans fax service is from April of 2015.

Thanks for doing the super sleuthing for me. I didn't feel like it ergo the year or so.

Thanks for doing the super sleuthing for me. I didn't feel like it ergo the year or so.
The scary part (to me, because time flies!) is we are going on it being 3 years old! I can't fathom it's been that long. That was where it was shocking to me. Len has an announcement pinned on his forum when it went live

The scary part (to me, because time flies!) is we are going on it being 3 years old! I can't fathom it's been that long. That was where it was shocking to me. Len has an announcement pinned on his forum when it went live

Yeah, definitely doesn't feel like that much time has gone by since first hearing about it. :scared1:

Thanks guys! I will stick with my touring plans fax and phone in exactly what I have in the request. I'm not requesting anything during online check in.

***I know nothing is guaranteed. :)

Thanks guys! I will stick with my touring plans fax and phone in exactly what I have in the request. I'm not requesting anything during online check in.

***I know nothing is guaranteed. :)
Your * is important.
Because I was beginning to wonder if you were putting this much worry and thought in to it you were putting too much emphasis on getting your request. Hate for anyone to do that as it can often lead to disappointment. Never like to hear anyone start their trip off disappointed not getting their room request. Sounds like you have a good handle on it.

Your * is important.
Because I was beginning to wonder if you were putting this much worry and thought in to it you were putting too much emphasis on getting your request. Hate for anyone to do that as it can often lead to disappointment. Never like to hear anyone start their trip off disappointed not getting their room request. Sounds like you have a good handle on it.

No. I don't really worry about these things, it's just if I'm going through the effort of making a request, I just want to make sure I'm doing it right and giving myself the best chance! That's all. :) We are already convinced that we will love a monorail view (Polynesian), so this would just be a bonus. It's all really just a fun part of the planning for me.

Now my flight times changing - that's what I stress about!!!

Now my flight times changing - that's what I stress about!!!
I just learned yesterday that the airline has done this to us for our Thanksgiving trip. I have no problem with a changes of 15-20 minutes, but this is a substantial change. More than 2 hours on the busiest travel day imaginable (Sunday after Thanksgiving). It's totally throwing me off. Especially because I'm still waiting on EMM hours for November. Whether or not I can accept the flight change time depends exclusively on whether not there will be EMM the Sunday after Thanksgiving (it was offered then last year). I agree, room requests are nothing compared to airlines changing the flight times!

Hello! I just got an email through about these replies (my first one though which is strange).

We did actually end up getting a room with all of our requests from the fax, so I was obviously extremely grateful and lucky!

So at riverside they do read them :)

Didn't think anyone used fax machines anymoreo_O. Thought Disney was a little more advanced than that!
I certainly don't have access to fax from the UK and phoning to resort would be a big cost (I don't have a landline so would be mobile phone) - is it possible to email ? Or could I phone to guest services in the U.K.? We are going with my daughter and grandchildren and as my grandson has special needs just want rooms near each other and not on the ground floor!

I certainly don't have access to fax from the UK and phoning to resort would be a big cost (I don't have a landline so would be mobile phone) - is it possible to email ? Or could I phone to guest services in the U.K.? We are going with my daughter and grandchildren and as my grandson has special needs just want rooms near each other and not on the ground floor!
Not sure how things work in the UK, but if you have a UK Disney guest services, I would certainly call them. You have a specific need for a particular room request, unlike most of us, who just want what we want--spoiled I guess!

Not sure how things work in the UK, but if you have a UK Disney guest services, I would certainly call them. You have a specific need for a particular room request, unlike most of us, who just want what we want--spoiled I guess!
Yes I'll give them a call and ask their advice thank you.

Let Touring Plans service do it for you

Have your travel agent or whoever is making the reservations add "traveling with" and the other reservation number on each reservation. If you want to get the best chance of getting connected rooms or really close rooms, make that your one and only request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter