FIFA World Cup 2022 thread

World Cup excitement scale: How excited are you for the tournament?

Votes: 26 52.0%

Votes: 2 4.0%

Votes: 1 2.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 2.0%

Votes: 3 6.0%

Votes: 4 8.0%

Votes: 10 20.0%

• Total voters
I hate PKs too but at some point you need to end the game and I hate the golden goal even more than I hate PKs. It promotes being defensive.

Watching the body language of the Spanish penalty takers it was obvious they were mentally beaten before a single kick. Their body language was terrible.
I don't have an answer but I know that PK's suck. Maybe allow more substitutions like 3 new people on each side in the extra time - bringing on fresh legs to spur on a goal. I just know that I hate PKs and I am a former college goalie who has faced her share of PKs over the 8 years that I played goalie in High school and college.

What would be interesting if either one of them starts the game?
It’s the only trophy they haven’t won. Whoever does will be seen as the greatest of our generation. If that happens, Disney will make a Remember the Titans/Miracle type of movie about them in 20-30 years.

I don't have an answer but I know that PK's suck. Maybe allow more substitutions like 3 new people on each side in the extra time - bringing on fresh legs to spur on a goal. I just know that I hate PKs and I am a former college goalie who has faced her share of PKs over the 8 years that I played goalie in High school and college.

PKs are a poor way to end a game from a competitive standpoint... but I have to admit it's incredibly exciting to watch.

I heard an idea a few years ago that involved reducing the number of players on the field. After the first period of extra time, drop it to 9 on the field. Then 7. This creates more space for the attack and more goal scoring opportunities.

I just can't get into soccer, even though I played it in high school. If I watch a match, I end up like this....

R.8c5191a7240ebf198f17b3e97be3b544

PKs are a poor way to end a game from a competitive standpoint... but I have to admit it's incredibly exciting to watch.

I heard an idea a few years ago that involved reducing the number of players on the field. After the first period of extra time, drop it to 9 on the field. Then 7. This creates more space for the attack and more goal scoring opportunities.
I have seen this happen at the youth level but I can't imagine the players having to run the entire length of the field. In lacrosse they have a braveheart - 1 player and goalie on the field. The player participates in a draw or face off and then tries to score. The goalie must stay in the defensive half of the field while the other player can run the entire field. It is exciting but exhausting for the non goalie player.

I just can't get into soccer, even though I played it in high school. If I watch a match, I end up like this....

R.8c5191a7240ebf198f17b3e97be3b544

In all seriousness, before you judge the sport as a whole, I would recommend going to a match in person or watching a UEFA Champions League match on tv before writing it off completely. :-)

In all seriousness, before you judge the sport as a whole, I would recommend going to a match in person or watching a UEFA Champions League match on tv before writing it off completely. :-)
As I mentioned, I played soccer in high school. I've also tried watching soccer on TV.

No thanks.

PKs are a TERRIBLE way to end a game - either soccer or hockey. In fact I make for the exit when regular season hockey goes to PKs. Would love to see soccer go to 9v9 or even 7v7 in the extra time. Spain missed all 3 shots so they have no excuse, but I don't have a lot of respect for Morocco who was clearly playing for the game to go to PKs from the first whistle.

PKs are a TERRIBLE way to end a game - either soccer or hockey. In fact I make for the exit when regular season hockey goes to PKs. Would love to see soccer go to 9v9 or even 7v7 in the extra time. Spain missed all 3 shots so they have no excuse, but I don't have a lot of respect for Morocco who was clearly playing for the game to go to PKs from the first whistle.
PKs exist due to medical recommendations so I don’t see that ever changing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter