Figmentcookie's "Almost done planning" PJ - Transformers?

I have to say, I have been thoroughly enjoying everything so far (might I add, you have a great sense of humor and impeccable grammar)!

I'm so glad you got your "13". It's great when a specific day has meaning. We picked our wedding day because it was cheaper than a Saturday and was right before we left for Disney. :lmao: I suppose that has symbolism!

Looking forward to all your future installments!

(Oh, and the park pictures were perfect! I smiled at all the foliage and the happy couple!)

I have to say, I have been thoroughly enjoying everything so far (might I add, you have a great sense of humor and impeccable grammar)!

I'm so glad you got your "13". It's great when a specific day has meaning. We picked our wedding day because it was cheaper than a Saturday and was right before we left for Disney. :lmao: I suppose that has symbolism!

Looking forward to all your future installments!

(Oh, and the park pictures were perfect! I smiled at all the foliage and the happy couple!)

Glad you're enjoying everything, especially my grammar :rotfl: I hope I haven't set the bar too high for later :goodvibes

Haha, we partially picked that 13 because it wasn't a weekend too. Great minds think alike.

This all started last year when we went to a major department store and registered. We already both had a lot of the stuff you use every day, so we didn't really need much off of there. Our mothers, however, didn't think so. The madness started when my FMIL got us the Swarovski Mickey and Minnie right after we got engaged. :eek: Not to be outdone, DM wanted us to celebrate our engagement with two goblets off of the registry. She said we should use them for "a good size glass" of champagne to celebrate. Then it started, FMIL got us 2 champagne flutes and luggage for both of us, which my mother countered with a 6 more crystal goblets. Then FMIL got us several place settings of our china. She said that was indeed the last of it. DM bought us a boatload of small little things. Then, DF got a call from FMIL and using her woman's intuition, she happened to look at the registry and "the kitchenaid mixer's on sale and so are the attachments!!" Now she's on our Disney Registry. We've tried to tell her, but she keeps telling DF this is the last of it. As for my mother, well, she's helping pay for the wedding... so the amount of gifts we're getting has tapered off a bit.

We're not sure if they're competing or what the deal is. Neither DF or I want either of our DM's to go nuts like this, This isn't a major problem, but it baffles me. Anyone else have dueling relatives?

I wish my family was doing that lol. No one has bought anything off of our registry.

This all started last year when we went to a major department store and registered. We already both had a lot of the stuff you use every day, so we didn't really need much off of there. Our mothers, however, didn't think so. The madness started when my FMIL got us the Swarovski Mickey and Minnie right after we got engaged. :eek: Not to be outdone, DM wanted us to celebrate our engagement with two goblets off of the registry. She said we should use them for "a good size glass" of champagne to celebrate. Then it started, FMIL got us 2 champagne flutes and luggage for both of us, which my mother countered with a 6 more crystal goblets. Then FMIL got us several place settings of our china. She said that was indeed the last of it. DM bought us a boatload of small little things. Then, DF got a call from FMIL and using her woman's intuition, she happened to look at the registry and "the kitchenaid mixer's on sale and so are the attachments!!" Now she's on our Disney Registry. We've tried to tell her, but she keeps telling DF this is the last of it. As for my mother, well, she's helping pay for the wedding... so the amount of gifts we're getting has tapered off a bit.

We're not sure if they're competing or what the deal is. Neither DF or I want either of our DM's to go nuts like this, This isn't a major problem, but it baffles me. Anyone else have dueling relatives?

That's the best problem ever...BRING ON THE GIFTS! lol

:cool1: I gotta agree with Amanda on this one!! Bring on the overbearing MIL that likes to use her Charge Card on YOU!!!:lmao:

Three months ago, we ordered our invitations from the the company that DFTW recommends. We just got them in on Wednesday seems to me this is an unreasonably long amount of time.

In case you were thinking of using them, here's our experience. We found the perfect invitation and I was thrilled because they looked beautiful, elegant, and understated.
We picked a stock type of invitation off of the website and didn't want any changes to it. We thought it was going to be very simple. Within 2 weeks, March 12, we got the wording, font, addresses for our guests and the return addresses. It was all done! I was thrilled I could get the invites out early, especially for my cousin who is an army nurse and I suspect she might have a hard time getting time off without a lot of notice.
Here's a pic:
invitationcopy.jpg

Then, I didn't hear anything for several weeks so I emailed her. I finally heard back from her on April 12 with an email that said, "
So sorry for the delay--I've been out with a "medicine migraine"--I had accidentally been taking the equivalent of 16 advils a day by mistake (my prescription was in an identical bottle and looked the same) and as soon as I realized my mistake and stopped, I got a migraine that lasted off and on for over a week. I've gotten so far behind, and over something so embarrassing like taking the wrong prescription, that I've only just gotten your e-mail.
We thought it was kind of weird. I had to email her twice again to get the proofs on April 29. I made corrections to the proofs and paid. I wish I hadn't paid and gone somewhere else.

She said I would get them the following week. I emailed her two weeks later, and she said 5/16 they didn't have the right ribbon, but would be getting it in the next day. I didn't care about the ribbon, I just wanted them done, since I started the process almost three months before! Then, I emailed her again on 5/30 and asked what the deal with the ribbon I didn't care about was. I didn't hear anything back in four days, so I sent her an email letting her know how unhappy we were with the progress and that we had wanted to send out these invites soon. She wrote back and said, she didn't understand that it was so important to get them out so early (it is for us when people are travelling) and that she would overnight them the next day.

Instead of getting our invites, she called and told me that she didn't have the right envelopes with the right color liner from the printer and was going to re order them. I told her I didn't care and just wanted them. I did indeed get them the next day. Not only did I not get some of the envelopes with the our guests printed envelopes we paid for, but the print quality on the envelopes was poor and my inkjet could have done better. (My dad is a printer, I know this kind of stuff). I complained and she said,
I was in such a rush, I looked at the original order. Can these be mailed out priority rather than overnight today?

Aside from the envelopes, I was VERY disappointed with the invitations, especially since they ended up being about $20 apiece after add on fees. The picture of the castle was embossed in pearl ink on white paper, which makes it almost impossible to see. DM and DF told me to get over it and not to wander into bridezilla territory because they looked fine.

I'm doing my best to let it go. Writing this all down makes me feel a little better :) My vendor review? Since this whole process took so long and was a pain in the butt, I would not recommend this invitation company.

Conversely for our reception back home, we ordered our invitations from the American Wedding. We got them within four days and they were less than $1 a piece! This is their stock picture from the internet:
homeinvites.jpg

Plus, they coordinate with the china we registered for:
124494md.jpg

So I've told you all about our pre-wedding planning stuff for thus far: the engagement pictures and stories, the dress, stories about amusing relatives, the invitations. So now it's time to tell you about our wedding plans this far.
Our Wedding:
Wedding Pavilion on Oct
Oh, I'm sorry, I whined somewhere in here. Better safe than sorry, this has been deleted!

Proudly off topic are these pictures of our five lovely boys and one girl that I promised:
WheresWaldo.jpg

Picture048.jpg

IM000595.jpg

IM000596.jpg

IM000362.jpg

And one extra picture of the princess:
SantaandBuddhaCelebrateaDiverseChri.jpg

:cool1: I gotta agree with Amanda on this one!! Bring on the overbearing MIL that likes to use her Charge Card on YOU!!!:lmao:
:rotfl2:

Thanks Alissa!! A dancing banana?? You do like my stuff :) The tiara was from venusjewelry's store. I loved my tiara for a few reasons 1. it uses swarovski crystals so it's pretty and shiny but I didn't have to pay the same price as I would for a tiara by swarovski, 2. because it incorporates my dress in with the earrings I bought for the wedding, 3. it has combs on the back so it actually will stay in your hair, and 4. it only took three days to get here after I bought it. When I got it, I opened it immediately and put it on... DF is hoping I'll stop wearing it all the time :rotfl:

:rotfl2: I did the same thing!! Out of the box and on the head! I told Df it was to remind him that I'm a princess 24/7! Oh and you know I mean business when i break out the :banana:

BUT, I thought your dress was way over the top. I mean, the dress itself was nice, but the lights you had installed into the skirt were incredibly tacky. Honey, you just cannot do that. I do not agree with your decision to add christmas lights to your dress."

At that point, all my dream of dressing up as the blue fairy from the electric light parade during my wedding were dashed in a cruel reality check.
:rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

the head-dresses that you were making them wear was just terrible..."
:rotfl2:

Awesome plans!! :thumbsup2

And I LOVE the pictures of your feathered family! SO cute!! ::yes::

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: You're funny!! Everything sounds super lovely!!

Ok, umm...was that Hercules? (movie quote)

:rotfl:You crack me up!

I agree, a moose would be hard to get into such a small cake!

It all sounds very good! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter