FINAL UPDTD 8/16 - The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV

saintstickets

DIS Veteran
The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV

To start out this TR, let me introduce the participants.

From left to right are DDiL, DS1, DD, DSiL, DW and yours truly. This was a pic taken at Discovery Cove in May2012.

DW and I live in south Mississippi and became DVC members in Sep2009 and try to take 3 trips every 2 years. During the year that 2 trips are taken, the aforementioned children and their spouses will join us. We have another son that is a twin of DS1 that lives in California. He is in school year round and works so he can never get enough time off to meet us. He has made it back for each of his sibling's weddings and a Christmas or two though so I can't complain about him not being able to join us for vacation. Next year we are taking the vacation to him!

As this trip started out, all 6 of us were going to go to WDW from 5/31-6/07/14 and stay at BWV. DS1 and DDiL had to back out a few months ago because they had moved from AL to TN and with both having new jobs, they weren't sure they could get off work. Therefore, it will be the 4 of us for this trip. DW and I already had another trip planned this year for October so we asked DS1 and DDiL if they could go then. They can so we changed our reservations at BCV from a 1br to a 2br and they will join us then! :cool1:

As for this trip, we normally go during May the week before Memorial Day. As our kids have been in college these past 4 years, school is usually out by then and we can go to WDW when it is less crowded and slightly cooler. This year, DD was finishing up her first year in med school and they didn't get out until the Friday before Memorial Day so we had to schedule our trip a few weeks later. The anticipated crowd level difference goes from 5s & 6s when we normally go to 7s, 8s & 9s and the temps will be on average about 5-10 degrees hotter as well as being more humid. Oh well, we'll be at WDW right? So what if we're hot and smelly...maybe that will help with the crowd levels because no one will want to be near us! :lmao:

This will be my 6th TR and for those that have read the previous ones, you know I usually take TONS of photos and at some point in the trip, I have "fun" with a CM or two. By "fun" I mean embarrass myself with what I would call jovial (others would say juvenile) comments to brighten their day and give them something to talk about in the break room! At least that is what I tell myself I am doing...their interpretation might be somewhat different. For example, on our last trip, after the PP photographer told DW and I to kiss for a pic and after we obliged, as I was giving him my PP card to scan, I told him that he really shouldn't ask a brother and sister to do that. Jovial, right? Jocular maybe? Okay...SLIGHTLY juvenile! :rolleyes1 And then there was this other time during that trip with the whole "CM tightening up a harness on me down there experience" that you'll have to go read for yourself. :sad2:

Nevertheless, as the title suggests, this TR I will TRY (try being the operative word) to behave myself, take less pics and see the World with two eyes instead of constantly behind the camera with one eye closed! I make no promises or death pledges...I said I will try. I think I might start a betting pool to see how long I last and whoever guesses how long I last will win a prize. Any takers?

With all that said, here are our plans for the upcoming trip...

5/31 (Sat) – Travel the 600+ miles to WDW. Arrive about 6:00pm and check into Fairfield Inn & Suites for the night.

6/01 (Sun) – Requested online an early check in at BWV around 9:00am. We shall see if this works.
11:00am – Purchased the “Feel the Force” Star Wars package with reserved spot for Star Wars parade
1:10pm – FP for Toy Story Mania
2:10pm – FP for Tower of Terror
3:45pm – FP for Great Movie Ride (rumor is this will be gone by the end of the year)
6:45pm – ADR @ Kouzzina by Cat Cora (this restaurant will close 9/30/14)
8:30pm – “Feel the Force” dessert party followed by reserved space for fireworks

6/02 (Mon) – DHS
9:05am – FP for Rock-n-Roller coaster
10:35am – FP for Tower of Terror
12:25pm – ADR @ Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater
1:25pm – FP for Star Tours
4:00pm – Surprise Mother/Daughter massage at Mandara Spa in the Dolphin
8:15pm – ADR @ Shula Steak House

6/03 (Tue) – AK
9:40am – FP for Kilimanjaro Safari
10:40am – FP for Expedition Everest
No lunch ADRs but probably eat at Flaming Tree BBQ
12:25pm – FP for Kali River Rapids
DTD 6:00pm – Tickets for Cirque Du Soleil
No dinner ADRs – Will try Earl of Sandwich or Raglan Road

6/04 (Wed) – MK
10:10am – FP for Peter Pan’s Flight
11:40am – FP for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
12:55pm – FP for Splash Mountain
Here I am going to test the new FP rules and as soon as we get off Splash Mountain, I will try to get another FP for either the afternoon parade or for Wishes.
4:50pm – ADR @ Be Our Guest

6/05 (Thur) – EP
9:45am – FP for Journey into Imagination
10:55am – FP for Soarin’
12:40pm – FP for Mission Space (GREEN SIDE!)
6:05pm – ADR @ Coral Reef

6/06 (Fri) – 9:30am – ADR @ Kouzzina by Cat Cora for breakfast
No plans for the rest of the day. Putt putt golf? Swimming pool? Another day in the parks? Bowling or a movie at DTD?

6/07 (Sat) - Time to pack up and leave

That’s all we have planned thus far. I’m sure we will make a change here and there but it looks like we’ll have plenty to do! As you can see, we leave in less than 48 hours so this will be the first and last post until we return. Thanks for joining in and we'll see you on the flip side!!

Missed the start of this.

I love your itinerary! Can't wait to hear how everything plays out.

Nice resolutions- not messing with CMs/less photos. Nice, but I'm not sure they are attainable goals.

I haven't heard the rumor about GMR- This is always a reliable go-to at HS when the lines everywhere else are too long! Although our last ride (which may have been our last ride, apparently) will be titled "Not So Great Movie Ride" in my TR.

I was very sad to hear about Kouzzina- I think I commented to you that Greek is one of my favorite cuisines, but I have not been able to convince my family to dine there.

But there is a light... I will be making a very quick trip to the Beach Club to attend the 5th annual Beach & Yacht Club FAQ DISmeet- I'm coming in just for the event. The one and only reservation I have made is at Kouzzina. And I may join some friends there for breakfast as well.

Looking forward to reading more!

:goodvibes

Joining it! Haven't read your previous TR's but now you have intrigued me so I'll have to go back and read them while I wait for this one to get under way! :goodvibes

Hope you had a wonderful trip!

Hi again Mississippi neighbor! This is the first of your trip reports I've found, but I remember you following along on my first one. Your family is lovely :) We are staying at BWV in January so I'm really excited to read this!

Bill, I'm here. I can't wait to hear all about it. I'm sorry we didn't get to meet up. Hopefully on another trip.

I started my TR too...it's linked in my signature.

Enjoyed your last one, so I am of course gonna sub to this one! :thumbsup2
Why thank you ma'am! Maybe I'll finally get caught up at work so I can start posting to this TR!

I'm here!! Ready for new adventures!!
I'm glad you made it to the TR. Now we just need to get you to our next Mississippi meet-up!

Missed the start of this.

I love your itinerary! Can't wait to hear how everything plays out.
You haven't missed anything because I've been too busy in RL to start! :sad2:

Nice resolutions- not messing with CMs/less photos. Nice, but I'm not sure they are attainable goals.
I think you might know me too well!!!

I haven't heard the rumor about GMR- This is always a reliable go-to at HS when the lines everywhere else are too long! Although our last ride (which may have been our last ride, apparently) will be titled "Not So Great Movie Ride" in my TR.
The rumor about GMR has been around since 2012 but it has picked up steam lately. I hope they don't close it but they really need to update it. Since we returned, I have read where they are closing American Idol and probably Indiana Jones. The rumors about what will replace them are leaning towards something to do with Star Wars which makes sense because they are already committed to 3 movies.

I was very sad to hear about Kouzzina- I think I commented to you that Greek is one of my favorite cuisines, but I have not been able to convince my family to dine there.
I won't give away what our experience was at Kouzzina's but I will say I am sad to see it go. The CM's at Kouzzina's told us that an Italian place will be replacing it.

But there is a light... I will be making a very quick trip to the Beach Club to attend the 5th annual Beach & Yacht Club FAQ DISmeet- I'm coming in just for the event. The one and only reservation I have made is at Kouzzina. And I may join some friends there for breakfast as well.
I saw this meeting earlier and wish we could attend. Maybe this can be a semi-annual thing for whomever can attend at one or both of the meets and if it is at the same time each year, more people can plan to attend...like me!

Looking forward to reading more!

:goodvibes
Hope to get started real soon!! :thumbsup2

Joining it! Haven't read your previous TR's but now you have intrigued me so I'll have to go back and read them while I wait for this one to get under way! :goodvibes

Hope you had a wonderful trip!
Uh oh...if you read the previous TR's, you might not be back! :scared1:
:lmao:

Hi again Mississippi neighbor! This is the first of your trip reports I've found, but I remember you following along on my first one. Your family is lovely :) We are staying at BWV in January so I'm really excited to read this!
It's great to see you on the DISboards again! I remember your TR with DD, DH and your cousin I believe. You will like BWV. It is so nice to be so close to EPCOT and DHS.

Bill, I'm here. I can't wait to hear all about it. I'm sorry we didn't get to meet up. Hopefully on another trip.

I started my TR too...it's linked in my signature.
I hope to get started real soon. I've subbed in to your TR. All I have to do now is find time to read it! :rolleyes1

I wondered if you had started a TR for your June adventure and I see you started it before you even left.

OK, I'm ready. Let's hear all about it! ::yes::

I wondered if you had started a TR for your June adventure and I see you started it before you even left.

OK, I'm ready. Let's hear all about it! ::yes::
Soon...real soon...gotta gather my thoughts plus too busy planning for the October trip!

Joining in! Can't wait to hear all about your trip! :thumbsup2
Thanks Dave. I really enjoy the great pics and commentary in your TRs. Don't cringe too much from my pics! :)

subscribing! Followed from KHertz's trip report :thumbsup2

Emma princess: x
Glad you joined us and welcome!!

I had hoped you would find us over here! :thumbsup2

Most definitely! I hate I keep missing out!
We're going to have to do something about that!

Coming over from your last TR. I can't wait for the shenanigans to ensue! :lmao:
Shenanigans??? ME??? Surely you have me confused with someone else....NOT! :rotfl2: Welcome aboard! The train will be leaving the station shortly so sit back, relax, keep all arms & legs inside the car and enjoy the ride! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter