First Fort Trip, Had a Great time, Thanks all. New pics posted 3/23

Today saw the trailer being packed with stuff that will freeze, so the space heater is in and on. It also saw a small but nice mod to the trailer.
DSCN2731 (800x600).jpg

I added a knob to the outside of the plastic slider allowing it to be able to be closed easier. We found it was a issue during our trips last year, was just hard to close completely. Stained the spice racks tonight and waiting for it to dry, then to stain the insides and apply poly. Need to also size and stain the base for them. Will post the completed pics when I get them done. Getting close with only 8 days and a wake up left. Need to check tire pressure, get a propane tank filled. Before you know it we will be on the road. Snow again tonight, more cold coming, was -13 this morning.

Today it is just above zero windchills below zero. We received about 1.5 inches of snow last night, light and fluffy so it was blowing and drifting everywhere. Placed the bigger space heater in the trailer, so all the food stuff will not freeze. Socks are packed, double checking my lists and starting to get everything finalized for packing. Working tonight and have a commitment on Saturday, so won't work on trailer or packing at all those days. Have to plan on moving the trailer into the driveway from the pad next week, may need that 4wd as there is about 6 to 8 inches of ice accumulated in front of the trailer. Got the chocks out yesterday, managed to break them free of the ice. So here are a few pics of the frozen North.
DSCN2732 (800x600).jpg
Very Sunny but very cold.
DSCN2733 (800x600).jpg
Ice build up in front of trailer is a concern.
DSCN2734 (800x600).jpg
Just a little ice hanging

Ok quick update it is now -5 degrees and a windchill of -24. Was outside for a meeting and well, not liking it. I am going to go hibernate in my bed until it is time to leave for Disney. :earsboy: Need to finish staining the spice racks tomorrow and then on Sunday can get them a coating of poly. :artist: Everyone stay warm. :hug:

Update: It bottomed out at -12 last night with a windchill of -33. I has warmed up now to -9 with a windchill of -30. Not looking good for today. All the schools here have cancelled due to the cold.

Last edited:
Well after reading another trip report we added a third ADR for this trip at the Teppan Edo in Epcot. What can I say, I am a sucker when it comes to Japanese food cooked in front of me.popcorn::

So we are now 6 Days and a wake up away from leaving. We will be staying in SC on Sat, then headed to Disney on Sun morning. Snow is falling again, up to another 8 inches predicted. So this week will consist alot of double checking my lists and making sure it is all ready to roll. I am ready. :)
Well got a coat of polyurethane on the spice rack, letting it dry and another coat tomorrow evening and they will be ready for the trip. Pics to come tomorrow.

Last edited:
This is just plain lousy...oh why did we move from LITERALLY across the street from mouse back to CT? Think I'm gonna hook up and follow you down!

My DW found this guy. It looks like you may need him to be able to leave.

11021137_10205565736640086_3899770022778152203_n.jpg

This is just plain lousy...oh why did we move from LITERALLY across the street from mouse back to CT? Think I'm gonna hook up and follow you down!

I am sure we can get a Disney Convoy going.

Getting closer for you everyday. Just think warm thoughts and you will be at the Fort sooner than you think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter