Florida Gas Prices?

Laura's Dad

DIS Veteran
How are the gas prices along I-75 in Florida??? We will be driving down next week and want to know if we should gas up in Georgia before going into Florida. I know the gas prices are usually cheaper in Georgia because the taxes are cheaper. Any help would be appreciated.

I cannot speak specifically about I-75, but we went to my cousin's wedding on one of the barrier islands off the Georgia coast weekend before last, flying in and out of Jacksonville, FL and driving a rental car for the three days we were there. We drove north on I-95 into GA. Used just under a half-tank of gas total. On our return trip, I should have filled up in GA just before we crossed the state line, since this is close enough to JAX airport that the gauge would still read full. Gas prices were $1.16 or so in GA and $1.66 or so just outside the airport (which may be higher than if I had filled up somewhere other than along the access road into the airport, but too late now). I think it cost me something between $3 and $4 extra. Funny thing is that on the drive out of the airport I noted the gas prices and remarked to Pam how much lower they were once we crossed into GA. I was just too lazy to make the stop before we left GA.

Bottom line, I would fill the tank in GA.

Ralph

The gasoline prices are ALWAYS lower in Georgia than they are in Florida, except in the very rare case of a promotion or something like that.

The difference is at least 15 cents per gallon. We have more state taxes added to gasoline here.

South Carolina is not quite as low as Georgia, but still better than Florida.

I live in NE Florida and if I have to be within 25 miles of the Fl / Ga border, I usually go into Georgia nad fill up my tank, because of the savings.

hope that helps

Originally posted by Ralph&Pam
Gas prices were $1.16 or so in GA and $1.66 or so just outside the airport (which may be higher than if I had filled up somewhere other than along the access road into the airport, but too late now). I think it cost me something between $3 and $4 extra.
Ralph

You're absolutely correct, the prices along the access road are higher than they are one exit in either direction. I have seen it as much as 25 cents per gallon higher than the same brand of gas within 10 miles of there.

I always thought there was some sort of protection from that type of pricing, either from the gas companies or from legal means, but I guess it's just a free market and you price it at what you can sell it for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter