Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! An October TR - 12/2 A PTR Link!

You're going to the F&W Festival, which I was already excited about reading..but now you've added the MagicBands to the mix!! I'm excited to hear about your experience with them.

Um, I love those placemats for the baby! Might have to get some!

Only 24 days!!!

Getting the Magic Bands DEINFITELY adds to the excitement! I know I basically flipped out when we got ours - and your post just reminded me to pack ours (we leave for the airport in 15 hours!!)

Sounds like a lovely little DISmeet! Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen is on my list to try when we make it back to DLR someday!

Those pictures of you and the family are so funny! :laughing:

Seeing you and Alison were the highlights of my trip by far. I loved DL too but it was fantastic to see you guys, I had such fun! Looking forward to the next time we can meet up. :)

Joining in! So excited to lurk in on your time at F&W festival! I have always dreamed of going to F&W being a foodie... However, the whole teaching things kinda ruins the thought of a week long trip during October. So excited to read all about your trip! :cheer2:

Hi Lesha,

Loved your updates!

Not long until your trip now, I am so jealous - this time last year I was counting down to my F&W/October trip... such a great time of year to be in WDW!

The Magic Bands looks great, I love how the package them, I hope once it's rolled out that they'll ship the bands to the UK like that too lol.

Emma princess: x

Cool update! I'm glad you and Pam had so much fun! I had a great time with her too. Evidently the day she and I got together our magic bands arrived too. I just opened them tonight. I have no idea about them since PIO ordered them. I'm not even sure how to link up our tickets or if we even can. I'm such a technology dork, I'm too stressed out about everything else in my life that I just want my WDW trip to be simple and like I'm used to it being and now they are changing everything! :rotfl2:

Well you have a lot going on right now (at least as of now, I think so unless things got resolved..need to check-in on your TR!) so I don't blame you not knowing much about the MB's. Disney needs to get their act together. I just received an invitation via UPS asking if I would like to participate in the MyMagic+ and the Magic Bands:headache::cool1:

Hi there Lesha! I followed your fabulous dining reviews a couple years back and have popped in from time to time for your TR. Now I'm officially subbing and am looking forward to your plans.

Your little guy is completely adorable and motherhood definitely becomes you!

Hi Brenda I do remember you and thanks for joining along!:cool1:

What is UT? :confused3 Good rate for the car! :thumbsup2

UT is Undercover Tourist. Since i'm a DVC member now, I can buy somewhat cheaper tickets through this reputable place. You're lucky though, you buy the Annual pass :worship:

I think the reason I luck out on the waitlists is because my waitlists are always so short. I listed 3 days then 2 days. I know if I had originally listed 5 days it never would have gone through. Of course, this was unintentional, but it worked out great!

You're right that's probably why. It was only one measly day to add to my other days though:sad: I need to stop whining and get excited that I get to stay anywhere!

Love the picture of you and Pam! That's an awesome picture PAM!!!! I feel like I never see pictures of her that close! Glad you had a great time.

I know! I don't think she likes pictures but she's too cute not to take pics of:)

I found out that I get magic bands for my AKL stay, but not my BWV stay? :confused3 I'm still pretty confused about how they work.

Here are the participating resorts:
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House Villas
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Beach Club Resort and Villas
Disney's Polynesian Resort
Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside
Disney's Contemporary Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Yacht Club Resort.

I guess since i'm staying for half my stay at AKV, i'm allowed to participate.

Only 24 days!!!

Getting the Magic Bands DEINFITELY adds to the excitement! I know I basically flipped out when we got ours - and your post just reminded me to pack ours (we leave for the airport in 15 hours!!)

Sounds like a lovely little DISmeet! Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen is on my list to try when we make it back to DLR someday!

Oh wow I hope you have an amazing time! :dance3: Don't forgot those bands!

Those pictures of you and the family are so funny! :laughing:

Seeing you and Alison were the highlights of my trip by far. I loved DL too but it was fantastic to see you guys, I had such fun! Looking forward to the next time we can meet up. :)

I'm so excited to hear about the rest of your meet with Alison and the last night at her concert :cool1:

Joining in! So excited to lurk in on your time at F&W festival! I have always dreamed of going to F&W being a foodie... However, the whole teaching things kinda ruins the thought of a week long trip during October. So excited to read all about your trip! :cheer2:

I totally understand. Before DH became a teacher, I never imagined i'd be able to go to the F&W or go during Christmas. Last year, his Christmas vacation began the 8th which mean we were able to miss all the crowds after the 15th and this year he gets the second week off in October, smack dab in the middle of F&W. I'm so happy since we're foodies too. Hopefully one day you'll be able to do at least a weekend during F&W!

Hi Lesha,

Loved your updates!

Not long until your trip now, I am so jealous - this time last year I was counting down to my F&W/October trip... such a great time of year to be in WDW!

The Magic Bands looks great, I love how the package them, I hope once it's rolled out that they'll ship the bands to the UK like that too lol.

Emma princess: x

I love how they packaged them too. So fancy! Love that Disney mail!

YAY for dismeets. Love photobooths at weddings. We always have so much fun with them. Those placemats are awesome. I need to get something like that for our trip. Where did you get them? Your trip is so close!!

I got them on Amazon. Hopefully they work as good as they say!

And you're wrong. :lmao:

:lmao:

Maybe you should have been looking up Goonies videos on your phone instead. All the cool kids are doing it. :rotfl2:

If being cool means looking up Goonies references on my phone, then i'll be un-cool for the rest of my life and i'm fine with that! :rotfl:

We used to use those for DS. Just wait till the second kid comes along. Instead of hauling those around, you just grab a wipe and wipe the table down. :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

I wouldn't mind that one bit! Except that DH gets weirded out about surfaces, even if I were to wipe it down :rolleyes: I'm hoping these work. If not, they're something for DS to look at :lmao:

fun update - sounds like a fun wedding and dismeets are always fun to have

(trying to see how many times I can use the word fun in this post ... either that or your a just a fun person)

... ok, back to my "fun" job

I'd like to think i'm a fun person :thumbsup2 I thought all jobs were fun? No?!:confused3:lmao:

You're going to the F&W Festival, which I was already excited about reading..but now you've added the MagicBands to the mix!! I'm excited to hear about your experience with them.

Um, I love those placemats for the baby! Might have to get some!

I got them off of Amazon, but I'll let you know how they work out. I'm hoping they will work. :thumbsup2

Looking forward to reading. We are going in Oct 2014 for F&W

Welcome! Hope you'll be able to find something useful from my TR:)

:blush: you're sweet to say that, but I don't think I photograph well.

You're crazy! You have the prettiest blue eyes i've ever seen. Gotta show them off :thumbsup2 Mine are caca brown and bloodshot :lmao:

I was planning to start tonight but didn't make it, sadly exhausted from work.

I don't blame you. Sometimes, it's just fun getting on here and talking on others' thread than your own.

I'm in. We'll be at Disney around the same time. They just let us pick our Magic Bands yesterday though so I guess we'll see which ones actually show up.

You're getting close to your trip now!

I loved the magic bands, by the way, so I hope you guys enjoy them too!

Still here and living vicariously through you ... :goodvibes The whole WDW thing still mystifies me ... magic bands .... ADRs.... :rotfl:

UT is Undercover Tourist. Since i'm a DVC member now, I can buy somewhat cheaper tickets through this reputable place. You're lucky though, you buy the Annual pass :worship:

Ahh - I should have know that! So you can do car rentals through UT or did I read that wrong? Never mind if I did. I worked all night. My cognitive abilities are on the decline! :laughing:

Here are the participating resorts:
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House Villas
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Beach Club Resort and Villas
Disney's Polynesian Resort
Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside
Disney's Contemporary Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Yacht Club Resort.

I guess since i'm staying for half my stay at AKV, i'm allowed to participate.

Thanks for posting that. So that explains why I get a magic band at the end of the trip. I really wanted one at the beginning. Oh boo! Oh well, its cool - at least I get to try it for 4 days!

Just been catching up

Don't the magic bands look super cute all lined up in the box :)

Really close to your trip now you lucky thing

:sad2: you're gorgeous, and shouldn't say anything negative about yourself ever again. :)

::yes:: starting a TR takes energy :laughing:

:goodvibes

I'm in. We'll be at Disney around the same time. They just let us pick our Magic Bands yesterday though so I guess we'll see which ones actually show up.

Awesome! :cool1:

You're getting close to your trip now!

I loved the magic bands, by the way, so I hope you guys enjoy them too!

I hope we get to enjoy them when we're there too. Right now, I hate em:lmao:

Still here and living vicariously through you ... :goodvibes The whole WDW thing still mystifies me ... magic bands .... ADRs.... :rotfl:

I know right?! Researching for WDW, being a DL Vet, is so much different. A lot more abbreviations:rotfl:

Ahh - I should have know that! So you can do car rentals through UT or did I read that wrong? Never mind if I did. I worked all night. My cognitive abilities are on the decline! :laughing:

Thanks for posting that. So that explains why I get a magic band at the end of the trip. I really wanted one at the beginning. Oh boo! Oh well, its cool - at least I get to try it for 4 days!

Yep! They emailed a 50% off link through Alamo if I book through them:cool1:

Well, i'm technically, only supposed to have the MB right in the middle of my trip but have them for my entire trip, so who knows!

Just been catching up

Don't the magic bands look super cute all lined up in the box :)

Really close to your trip now you lucky thing

They make the MB's so nice and efficient don't they?!

Hey, you're not too far from your trip too!

I received an email on Friday from Disney, asking me to call the Website Support Desk because they couldn't resolve my tickets. I called yesterday and was on the phone for 35 minutes with 2 transfers. To make a long story short, there are a lot of problems with third party tickets and having them show up on the website. No problems with linking them to the Magic Bands, but issues with MDE. She saw a note linked to my account that I had called two weeks ago about this and made another notation hoping to bump up my 'case'. I asked her to be honest and asked if this would be resolved before my trip in 20 days. She said probably not :headache:. So now i'm unable to make FP+ reservations and who knows how long this will take me to get taken care of at the resort. I really only wanted the FP+ to try and get a FP for a BoG lunch. Hoping for some pixie dust that they can figure this out before I leave! pixiedust:

Onto other things that I can control! I purchased a few more items for the trip:

I think it was Alison (or maybe someone else) who gave me the idea to purchase this

We're always second guessing ourselves when it comes to figuring out how much our luggage weighs, and we're usually always over by a pound on at least one piece of luggage. This was it saves us time before getting at the airport and having to open up all our stuff at the airport and moving things around

I got this too

Heard this was great for the parks. It's a formula dispenser to all I have to do, is pre-measure out formula before going to the parks, throw this in the diaper bag, and pour into water! Much easier than having to deal with little plastic baggies or even the whole container of formula.

I'm soooooo worried about the heat. Saw this on a Disney Pinterest (did I mention how much I LOVE Pinterest:love:0) Board and thought it would be a good idea for the baby or DM.

It's a cooling towel, that you add water too and it cools instantly and keeps cool for a while. The review are good, it was only $11 bucks so it's worth a try! Figured if it's really warm, I can lay this down on the stroller and put DS on top of it. He gets really sweaty and hot easily, so I don't want him to overheat.

That's it for now everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter