Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! An October TR - 12/2 A PTR Link!

Hope you feel better. It is good to have some help even if it is for something little. It can take some of the stress off you.

Hope you feel better soon!

Yay for SILs helping at first birthday parties! :thumbsup2 Mine jumped in last minute and prepped a bunch of food, since guests were arriving and I was far from ready. So happy to have the help. And now so glad the party is over!

Hope everything goes smoothly for you!

Hope you are feeling a lot better! Good idea to ask your SIL to step in and help! :thumbsup2

Your F&W trip is so close! And I cannot wait to read all about it. It is a time frame we cannot get away, so I really love reading about it.

Asking for help is definitely a good idea! Your trip is getting really close! I hope you feel better soon!

Get better soon vibes!~:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Just sit back and relax and kick your feet up for a while. Don't over do it. There's no time to be sick when you've got a vacation coming up!!!!

Hope you feel better soon Lesha :sick:.. at least this way you hopefully won't be ill while you're at Disney World :goodvibes

Emma princess: x

Hey!!! So sorry you're feeling under the weather. It was a good idea to pass some of your to-do list to your SIL. I'm sure she was more than happy to help. Take some time for yourself to rest and relax and do things you enjoy. Good thing you have a well deserved vacation coming up soon! :goodvibes

Hope you feel better. It is good to have some help even if it is for something little. It can take some of the stress off you.

I hope you're feeling a little better :) glad you asked for help.

Thanks everyone! Now that the party is over, i'm doing much better and can finally concentrate on the trip.:cool1:

Hope you feel better soon!

Yay for SILs helping at first birthday parties! :thumbsup2 Mine jumped in last minute and prepped a bunch of food, since guests were arriving and I was far from ready. So happy to have the help. And now so glad the party is over!

Hope everything goes smoothly for you!

That is exactly what happened yesterday! I ran out of time and as soon as my SIL walked in and asked if I needed any help, I gladly took her up on that offer and she started prepping food, etc.

Had fun but so glad it's over!

One week!!!!!!!!!!!

:hyper::cool1: Now less since i'm just now seeing this!

The birthday party was yesterday and I'm so happy it's finally over and done with! It was so much work for only a couple hours but it turned out great despite it all of a sudden being the warmest day in 2 weeks and flys galore:crazy2: I just uploaded the pictures to PB so I want to share everything with you guys! A lot of the ideas were inspired from Pinterest and Etsy. Coming up right now!

His banner: We took an example and drew our own 'door' frame and I made a banner and glued them in the center. Here's the example:

And our banner (I have a better picture of it later)

Food:

Not pictured was Harryhausen's Hawaiian Rolls (sandwiches) and Sanderson's 23-19 Queso Dip. DH wanted the Queso dip to be called Sanderson's Septic Dip.:crazy2:

We got a bounce house for the kids so they could stay busy

We set up a Monster banner behind a bench and I spray painted two pumpkins for decoration. One green for mike and one blue with purple spots for Sulley

This was my highchair when I was a baby and decorated it with tissue paper tassles and made a banner that says "I Am One"

I also saw an idea for a 'Scarer of the Month' board on a website and thought it was a cute idea so I did that too

I made two signs for people to head towards the back, so I posted one on my front door and one on a tree near the gate to our backyard

On our gate

I bought Monsters shirts for the 3 of us to wear

With SIL and DB

I wanted to take DS in the bounce house before he ate so we did that and he loved it

We all ate and then it was cake time. My cake lady made him a small smash cake for him!

I don't think he liked it much. He doesn't like to get dirty I guess!

Time to open his gifts!

I was video-taping DH and DS opening gifts and he was going SO SLOW. He had a ton of gifts to go through so I had to take over. Later, everyone thanked me!

After that people started leaving and I handed out gift bags to the kids that had a Monsters puzzle, Monsters crayons, a Monsters activity page, Monsters soap, a Monsters cup, Monsters candy and Monsters fruit snacks.

DH's parents, my mom, DB and DSIL hung around after the party helping us clean up and I suggested that we all go in the bounce house to let off some steam

That was one of the highlights of the party I think! Then we all just sat around outside in the cool weather

And then went inside and surrounded him with some of his toys!

Overall, it was a good turn-out and everyone had a great time! I think next year though, i'm recruiting more help. I really wanted to do everything by myself but it was just too exhausting and stressful. DM ended up coming back later that night to help me wash dishes and mop the floors inside and we were in bed by 9:45! Usually we're in bed by 11, so you know we were tired.

Now I can fully concentrate on our trip. I have some things to do this before we go like getting more baby food, etc. Oh and renting a car and changing our DME reservation for returning to the airport.

Oh my gosh! Such an adorable party!!!!! You did an amazing job!!!!! I know it can be so hard to get things done in time, people think I'm crazy because to usually start planning Jack's (April) birthday in January! I bet you are sooooooo excited for your trip!!!

Everything is so darn cute! Especially Calvin!!!! I can't imagine all the work you put into everything. Calvin looks pretty underwhelmed with that cake. :rotfl:

Glad everything was a success :)

Happy Birthday Calvin! You are one little cutie!

Your party looks like a great success. Very creative. I love the theme and I love all the fun names for the different foods. Very nicely done. No wonder you were exhausted. That's a huge amount of work!

wow, you did such an amazing job with the party! I especially loved the cake, the watermelon and the scarer of the month board! :thumbsup2

Wow, you did an amazing job with that party! The theming was impeccable - up to Disney standards I think! You must have spent so much time researching and making all that. Everything looked so awesome. I'm sure you got lots of compliments. I can't believe Calvin is one already, it feels like yesterday that you announced your pregnancy on the DIS and started planning your last WDW trip. Time just flies. He is so big, and so cute. I'm glad your party was such a success. Now you can focus all your energy on your trip! You'll be there before you know it. :goodvibes

Happy birthday, Calvin! Awesome birthday party! Love all the decorations, food names, etc. The cake is super cool! Looks like Calvin had a good time, especially after the party. Adorable pictures of him!

And now he gets to go to Disney! :cool1:

Oh wow you outdid yourself on that party! It is sooo cute!!!! I love Monsters U! He is just too cute when he smiles; I can't believe he is 1. I feel like I was just reading your birth story on your PTR!

Happy birthday, Calvin!

I can't believe he is one year old already! And what a cute little man you have there. What a smile!

And you outdid yourself with the party. The theming is absolutely great. And all the detail. Impressive! :thumbsup2

What a great and creative party! That was an amazing spread from the food itself to the little name tags and the themeing in general! Everything was so cute! Calvin looks so happy! I'm sure you were exhausted after all that!

I hope you can relax in the trip and join us Saturday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter