Free dining in the fall?

Will you take advantage of free dining this year?

• Yes

Votes: 68 68.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Only time will tell if it's great information :upsidedow but reliable enough to post as a rumor.

For the people that are counting on the discount for their vacation, I just wanted to mention there are others saying that certain time frames may not be offered.

I didn't see anything specifically mentioned for Aug/Sep but the posts seem to confirm the discounts being similar to times being offered for the Bounceback discount,

posts seem to confirm the discounts being similar to times being offered for the Bounceback discount

Seems like I've heard the BB offer only included something like a week of September. Which makes no sense to me since September historically has the lowest crowd levels.

So the rumor is that they are not offering FDarlington in October and part of November? what about September? Any news?

I'm seeing that the rumors say FD would only be offered the first week of Sept. Please keep in mind nothing is confirmed.

Oh man...I hope that is not right!!! That would be a drastic cut in their free dining offer. I hate waiting!

I'm seeing that the rumors say FD would only be offered the first week of Sept. Please keep in mind nothing is confirmed.

I'm biased because I horse in this race but I'll believe that when I see it. Not blaming you, I just don't believe. Unless their bookings are way above normal for September. I know CBR is almost full in September because of the gift card offer.

i know, I hope what others are speculating are wrong! I don't do the dining plan anymore since we are 5 Disney adults and don't do character meals. For us renting points and paying OOP is more cost effective. BUT when we were able to get free dining, it saved thousands for us!

I wish those looking for FD best of luck!

This actually adds credibility to the rumor. The more rooms are full the less the discounts. Especially with the reduced inventory.

I'm biased because I horse in this race but I'll believe that when I see it. Not blaming you, I just don't believe. Unless their bookings are way above normal for September. I know CBR is almost full in September because of the gift card offer.

Any rumors on whether/how the resorts included will match the FD bounceback? We're booked at POR for mid-December because we're going no matter what. I know POR was excluded in the bounceback for Dec dates, but really hoping it might be included in the regular FD offer, especially given limited inventory at moderates with the CBR and CSR construction.

Any rumors on whether/how the resorts included will match the FD bounceback? We're booked at POR for mid-December because we're going no matter what. I know POR was excluded in the bounceback for Dec dates, but really hoping it might be included in the regular FD offer, especially given limited inventory at moderates with the CBR and CSR construction.
It's been rumored that CBR might be the only moderate discounted this fall.

It's been rumored that CBR might be the only moderate discounted this fall.

That's what I was afraid of. Not sure how I feel about CBR. On the one hand, if you can stack FD and the $75 per night gc's that's a great deal. On the other hand, worried about how disruptive the construction will be...

The more people book . The less likely for the fd. IF rooms are full they won't need the offer.

That's what I was afraid of. Not sure how I feel about CBR. On the one hand, if you can stack FD and the $75 per night gc's that's a great deal. On the other hand, worried about how disruptive the construction will be...
They usually plan the construction to take place while most guests are out and about, evenings I would think would be relatively quiet, you may have to take an alternate path or something along those lines but Disney has always put guests first, even over construction.

They usually plan the construction to take place while most guests are out and about, evenings I would think would be relatively quiet, you may have to take an alternate path or something along those lines but Disney has always put guests first, even over construction.

Thanks, that's helpful:). It's hard because I've never been to CBR so it's hard to get a sense of how the construction will impact us. We do tend to spend time at our resort and pool in the midday, when I'm guessing we will hear construction.

If they release FD and CBR is the only mod included I'll run the numbers. If it's a big enough savings it may be worth risking it...

im hoping that it still pops up but I am almost thinking I'll just add it anyways fd or not its very close to what we would figure otherwise. My husband is starting to really hammer home how much he thinks we need it lol.

It is being reported (informed speculation) on sites that require membership (so I can't post link) that FD will not be offered in Oct, beginning of Nov, and not as close to Thanksgiving as it was last year, if Nov is included at all. The popularity of that time has increased dramatically and hasn't been considered a slow time for a couple of years.

Last year during the early WDW holidays, DHS was pretty much cut in half with no Osborne Lights. This year with Pandora, more crowds are expected. Plus with the construction at CBR and CS the number of rooms in inventory will be less.

Who knows? For those hoping for FD during this time, I will keep my fingers crossed, but wanted to mention in case people are absolutely counting on the discount.
Any rumored availability in August? I got the one free QS meal which is the only discount for August I've seen as of yet. I'm not holding out hope for August FD but thought I'd ask

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter