Free dining in the fall?

Will you take advantage of free dining this year?

• Yes

Votes: 68 68.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do you know the FD dates? Resort exclusions?

Nobody knows this info yet, however you can usually get an idea based on what the bounceback offer was for the fall. The bounceback included Sept 1-9, excluded the remainder of September, October and November. It did include December and a week or so in June, July and August. November was pretty much all blacked out last year as was October so the only month that I think may have more added this year will be September.

Nobody knows this info yet, however you can usually get an idea based on what the bounceback offer was for the fall. The bounceback included Sept 1-9, excluded the remainder of September, October and November. It did include December and a week or so in June, July and August. November was pretty much all blacked out last year as was October so the only month that I think may have more added this year will be September.

It sounds like @MonkeyMouse has some definite insider information.

Well, if history is any kind of judge, rumors will fly as any kind of release gets closer...but I'll wait for something a little more credible before I get too excited.

I got caught up in the Rivers Of Light rumors last year this time..stayed up late, got up early, even checked the website in the small hours of the morning every day for weeks, just to try for a dining package or FP...let's just say I almost lost my sanity, (and my family still shudders when we talk about it!) I'm not willing to put that kind of mental commitment into any rumors again until there is something more specific.

Well, if history is any kind of judge, rumors will fly as any kind of release gets closer...but I'll wait for something a little more credible before I get too excited.

I got caught up in the Rivers Of Light rumors last year this time..stayed up late, got up early, even checked the website in the small hours of the morning every day for weeks, just to try for a dining package or FP...let's just say I almost lost my sanity, (and my family still shudders when we talk about it!) I'm not willing to put that kind of mental commitment into any rumors again until there is something more specific.
I get it...but I love the anticipation even though. I do stuff in between waiting and stalking these threads. I think lots of folks do the same, even though it can become overwhelming. :badpc:

The only difference with ROL is that Disney gave us an official opening date and then blew right past it. We had a May trip last year too. That wasn't rumor.. it was just a disaster.:rolleyes1
I get what you are saying about getting worked up without more credible evidence though. I need free dining for this trip.. but I'm not putting all my eggs in any baskets yet.

On the bounce back offer my week was blacked out so I'm not going to get too excited. Hopeful but not excited.

Is that guessing? If you have a little inside information or rumor any clue of dates or resorts that will be excluded

The only difference with ROL is that Disney gave us an official opening date and then blew right past it. We had a May trip last year too. That wasn't rumor.. it was just a disaster.:rolleyes1
I get what you are saying about getting worked up without more credible evidence though. I need free dining for this trip.. but I'm not putting all my eggs in any baskets yet.
Yeah, but they kept promising - "watch the blog," CMs on the phones saying "for sure" it will be ...(fill in the blank)...other CMs posting on the sly that it was nowhere near ready (and they were right!), but we kept being told to "stay tuned, it's coming very soon!"...

And obviously, Disney got a black eye from that one, so hopefully they won't repeat it...

I just can't get excited, though, until there really is something more than "it's coming sooner than you think..." Just me, but once burned (only once???? Naw, often!!) twice shy." I'll stay diligent, and keep watch (I've already given my list of "wants" to my TA for when/if special offers do come out for our dates)...but just not get so "over the top" again.

Hope everyone gets what they want when things do appear!!

I'm also anxiously waiting for the FD gates to open and have all of us flood in lol. I'm booked in September at CBR I believe my gang is ready to go no matter the situation but FD makes everything better. Good luck everyone :mickeybar

The wait is driving me nuts! ! We have never had a chance to go for free dining. So this is first time at this rodeo.
I booked on the phone 2rooms at cbr.
Will I need to call to add free or can I do it online?

The wait is driving me nuts! ! We have never had a chance to go for free dining. So this is first time at this rodeo.
I booked on the phone 2rooms at cbr.
Will I need to call to add free or can I do it online?
You should be able to modify it online through MDE if you do not have the modify or change reservation tab you will need to call in, are they on 2 separate or 1 reservation they or you linked already?

It is being reported (informed speculation) on sites that require membership (so I can't post link) that FD will not be offered in Oct, beginning of Nov, and not as close to Thanksgiving as it was last year, if Nov is included at all. The popularity of that time has increased dramatically and hasn't been considered a slow time for a couple of years.

Last year during the early WDW holidays, DHS was pretty much cut in half with no Osborne Lights. This year with Pandora, more crowds are expected. Plus with the construction at CBR and CS the number of rooms in inventory will be less.

Who knows? For those hoping for FD during this time, I will keep my fingers crossed, but wanted to mention in case people are absolutely counting on the discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter