Free dining in the fall?

Will you take advantage of free dining this year?

• Yes

Votes: 68 68.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It included Sept 1-9 and excluded the remainder of September as well as October and November.

This is what the bounceback offer was when we visited wdw oct 2016 ....

Travel dates: May 30 – Dec. 20, 2017

Excluded dates:

June 7 – June 29, 2017
July 6 – Aug. 10, 2017
Sept. 10 – Dec. 7, 2017

Excluded resorts:

Fort Wilderness Campsites
All-Star Movies
3-bedroom villas
Port Orleans French Quarter
Port Orleans Riverside (Dec. 8 – Dec. 20, 2017)
Villas along the Disney monorail line
Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – Little Mermaid rooms

My dad booked POR this weekend for the first week of Oct couldn't get his first night there only his last 7, thu said the first night was booked. Discounts at the mods don't look promising for fall.

Just curious, how many people actually would cancel or change reservations already made if FD is not offered during their dates?

This is what the bounceback offer was when we visited wdw oct 2016 ....

Travel dates: May 30 – Dec. 20, 2017

Excluded dates:

June 7 – June 29, 2017
July 6 – Aug. 10, 2017
Sept. 10 – Dec. 7, 2017

Excluded resorts:

Fort Wilderness Campsites
All-Star Movies
3-bedroom villas
Port Orleans French Quarter
Port Orleans Riverside (Dec. 8 – Dec. 20, 2017)
Villas along the Disney monorail line
Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – Little Mermaid rooms

That's what it was at the end of September as well.

The discount is probably getting too expensive for the fall, as people have realized how to maximize it. I would not be surprised to see this move to a mid-August to Labor Day deal to bring inexperienced families with kids (who aren't gourmands - ie, they will eat mac and cheese and hot dogs b/c they wants mac and cheese and hot dogs) back with it...they are much cheaper to feed and more likely to let credits expire...

Makes sense that, with F&W and MNSSHP up and running before mid-September (actually August this year), that rooms wouldn't need to be discounted that time of year anymore.
I think the rumors are going off of what was the bounce back from last year. So far they now have MNSSHP staring well into Aug and same with food and wine. That helps me because now all those crowds rushing to get the first weekend experience will be less. I think every year the Party and F&W keeps getting earlier so they think they will cover the slow times, but then again when it was smaller you had more of a demand. So if we take supply and demand into account if you over flood it with product it will dilute the sales. So I think they are just trying to find the sweet spot to get the most coverage and average it all out. I think we will still see the free dining, but just like all the previous years. I think the first weeks will be a little shocking at the limited number, but as Disney wont see that many people filling the rooms, more will open up.

The discount is probably getting too expensive for the fall, as people have realized how to maximize it. I would not be surprised to see this move to a mid-August to Labor Day deal to bring inexperienced families with kids (who aren't gourmands - ie, they will eat mac and cheese and hot dogs b/c they wants mac and cheese and hot dogs) back with it...they are much cheaper to feed and more likely to let credits expire...
I'd be ok with this. Next year I need to try and do a bounce back in August as I have a school counselor with me and she has to start back to school two weeks earlier. It's going to be tough but...

I'd be ok with this. Next year I need to try and do a bounce back in August as I have a school counselor with me and she has to start back to school two weeks earlier. It's going to be tough but...

I would be okay with this as well, but we would fit the target market if this is the case (young family with young kids). We're focusing on Character meals - mostly breakfasts vs. fancy (expensive) meals. I'm sure the cost to the company of scrambled eggs / Mickey waffles is significantly less than seafood, steak, etc.

I would be okay with this as well, but we would fit the target market if this is the case (young family with young kids). We're focusing on Character meals - mostly breakfasts vs. fancy (expensive) meals. I'm sure the cost to the company of scrambled eggs / Mickey waffles is significantly less than seafood, steak, etc.
I have a bounce back I'm using from last year. I'm staying at PoP so we have QS, I'm really thinking it over to upgrade. I have only eaten at one sit down in the six times I've been there. I really want to try something new.

I have a bounce back I'm using from last year. I'm staying at PoP so we have QS, I'm really thinking it over to upgrade. I have only eaten at one sit down in the six times I've been there. I really want to try something new.

We did the DDP when we went two years ago (kids were almost 3 and 1 year old). The character dining was definitely worth it with little ones, since they were distracted by Mickey & Minnie, so mom and dad got to actually eat while the food was warm LOL! Plus, it's nice to have some time set aside in the air conditioning.

Just curious, how many people actually would cancel or change reservations already made if FD is not offered during their dates?

I've really struggled with this, especially over the last 24 hours. More and more rumors are coming out the FD doesn't look likely for my trip (last week of September), that it's going to follow the BB offer timeline, especially for the mods. CSR and CBR are almost completely booked. I'm preparing myself for news that FD follows the BB offer. Which has made me ponder this very question. Since there are just 2 of us this trip I'll probably still go even though that adds a couple hundred dollars to an already expensive trip. I've thought about downgrading to a value (POP?) but I really don't like their pool area, and we plan on taking breaks and spending time at the pool this trip. It'll be really disappointing if there's not some kind of discount offered for my time frame, though. I told my wife yesterday at dinner that I didn't think FD was going to be offered. Then, when we went to bed, I told her I was really bummed about it. She said she could tell I was, even though I tried to put a good spin on it. But I'll probably still go.

You should consider booking a few ADR's now then, just in case you do decide to upgrade.
I almost did that yesterday. BOG dinner would be the hardest to get, but since we already have a reservation set for lunch. I think I'll keep that one and just use other ones.

We did the DDP when we went two years ago (kids were almost 3 and 1 year old). The character dining was definitely worth it with little ones, since they were distracted by Mickey & Minnie, so mom and dad got to actually eat while the food was warm LOL! Plus, it's nice to have some time set aside in the air conditioning.
The only downside is the two people I'm going with have each done "research" on where they want to eat and it seems like both of them want the most expensive places that each would use two credits. I mean come on people.

I've really struggled with this, especially over the last 24 hours. More and more rumors are coming out the FD doesn't look likely for my trip (last week of September), that it's going to follow the BB offer timeline, especially for the mods. CSR and CBR are almost completely booked. I'm preparing myself for news that FD follows the BB offer. Which has made me ponder this very question. Since there are just 2 of us this trip I'll probably still go even though that adds a couple hundred dollars to an already expensive trip. I've thought about downgrading to a value (POP?) but I really don't like their pool area, and we plan on taking breaks and spending time at the pool this trip. It'll be really disappointing if there's not some kind of discount offered for my time frame, though. I told my wife yesterday at dinner that I didn't think FD was going to be offered. Then, when we went to bed, I told her I was really bummed about it. She said she could tell I was, even though I tried to put a good spin on it. But I'll probably still go.
The problem also is that ticket prices have gone up, so if you have booked before the ticket prices go up, you have to cancel your old reservatioin with the cheaper park tickets and then book a whole new one with the more expensive park tickets. Last year we had a bounce back and then when free dining was finally announced we looked at our POP room that was an upgrade to go to a standard room with the new free dining and the price actually went UP by 200.

The only downside is the two people I'm going with have each done "research" on where they want to eat and it seems like both of them want the most expensive places that each would use two credits. I mean come on people.

That makes it way more difficult!

I have a trip planned for the last week in October - Definitely would move to take advantage of free dining, but not to the middle of December or August as these are the dates surfacing. The key question, for me, is if there will be any other discounts in the Oct/Nov time-frame.

That makes it way more difficult!
I know. I should tell them one two credits each, but that would also make us use the snack credits in a different way to make a meal since we will be down two. Or just out of pocket one day at Earl of Sandwich

The problem also is that ticket prices have gone up, so if you have booked before the ticket prices go up, you have to cancel your old reservatioin with the cheaper park tickets and then book a whole new one with the more expensive park tickets. Last year we had a bounce back and then when free dining was finally announced we looked at our POP room that was an upgrade to go to a standard room with the new free dining and the price actually went UP by 200.
In past years, must one stay in a standard room to get the free dining deal at Pop? We are in a preferred pool room- would we need to downgrade to a standard if we want to apply the promotion and our dates apply?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter