Ft. Wilderness Cabins becoming DVC?

When I first saw this, I thought, "April Fools!" But nope, we're defnitely past that date. It looks interesting and since we will never be direct owners we're out but still - it makes me think that adding to moderate resorts (I'm looking at you French Quarter), will be developed further. Who knows?
I'd honestly love a DVC property at Port Orleans whether its part of Riverside or French Quarter. Obviously the Point charts would have to be lower but I'd be all for that. So many memories growing up and going to Dixie Landings/Riverside. I mean you can't beat the Old Mill foodcourt.

It will be a new association because there are no DVC units at that property. But. I find it an interesting move…

What I find interesting is that last year, when they gave out sales info for VGF, it was shortly after that they announced the Poly tower.

Now, a new project announced after VDH sales….but still mum on what is going to happen with the tower.
It would be funny if the poly tower ended up being 50 2 br 25 1 br 6 grand villas and the rest cash rooms - they never said it was going to be 100% dvc and they are always short on suites at Poly on the cash side.

I'm definitely excited. I don't care if the rooms cost more, boarding our dogs is crazy expensive and we'd be able to take longer vacations.

Why does the article say that this "seemingly solidifies there’s no chance Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge will be built at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground."? I would think the opposite -- that Disney is still interested in developing a DVC resort at the Fort.

That wasn't obvious when they build around CB. Heck, they could still flip a building or two from CB.
But the rooms kinda justified the higher points to a point. If they are just turning room in some of the buildings then the charts would need to be lower. Rooms at Port Orleans don't even have inside Hallways so it would be a tough sell unless they added a skyliner there or some more amenities. The highest would probably be Old Key West Point Charts. A Tower would never really fit at Riverside, Maybe at French Quarter more-so.

Another thought to ponder...as we wait for more info on Poly tower...since this seems like it will open at a similar tie as that...could it be part of a plan to make it new, with restrictions, to soften a potential announcement that Poly tower will be part of PVB.

So, then you do stay with the restricted resort plan? I will think they will make Poly tower a new one with restrctions, but just something to think about???

Another thought to ponder...as we wait for more info on Poly tower...since this seems like it will open at a similar tie as that...could it be part of a plan to make it new, with restrictions, to soften a potential announcement that Poly tower will be part of PVB.

So, then you do stay with the restricted resort plan? I will think they will make Poly tower a new one with restrctions, but just something to think about???
I had the same thought - along with poly 2 being not 100% DVC

It would make sense

Hopefully this means they'll restart the Fort Wilderness/Contemporary boat route
It would be nice, but given both CCV and BRV are at Wilderness Lodge and the WL to Contemporary route has not yet started back up I wouldn't bet on it.

ETA: I left the all important words "not yet" out of my original post.

Last edited:
But the rooms kinda justified the higher points to a point. If they are just turning room in some of the buildings then the charts would need to be lower. Rooms at Port Orleans don't even have inside Hallways so it would be a tough sell unless they added a skyliner there or some more amenities. The highest would probably be Old Key West Point Charts. A Tower would never really fit at Riverside, Maybe at French Quarter more-so.
A tower didn’t really fit at CBR or the Poly IMO - yet here we are. I thought DVC villas always had balconies/patios yet a few of the resort villas at VGF2 don’t have one & most of the villas at VDH don’t have one.
Assuming they’ll throw up modular prefab ‘cabins’ on the existing FW sites these could be a fast & cheap build, though I’m not sure they need more points to sell in 2024, VGF2 will likely sell out in 2024, but unless things pick up they’ll still be selling Riv & they’ll be launching Poly2 🤷‍♀️

It would be nice, but given both CCV and BRV are at Wilderness Lodge and the WL to Contemporary route has started back up I wouldn't bet on it.
hopes-and-dreams-barney-hopes.gif

A tower didn’t really fit at CBR or the Poly IMO - yet here we are. I thought DVC villas always had balconies/patios yet a few of the resort villas at VGF2 don’t have one & most of the villas at VDH don’t have one.
Assuming they’ll throw up modular prefab ‘cabins’ on the existing FW sites these could be a fast & cheap build, though I’m not sure they need more points to sell in 2024, VGF2 will likely sell out in 2024, but unless things pick up they’ll still be selling Riv & they’ll be launching Poly2 🤷‍♀️
Prefab is the tradition at WDW resorts - most of Contemporary, the current cabins, and Poly were prefab. And Poly went up in 6 months ( imagine that now)

Interesting thought... Maybe it will be that same association, and I'll have an excuse not to buy it and get some CCV resale instead (shhhh..don't tell DW)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter