Ft. Wilderness Cabins becoming DVC?

I asked specifically, and he confirmed that ALL cabins will be. He also said they will be trying to keep those with dogs in one area, but will not limit it in order to accommodate any and all who have their dogs.

The same language is currently used with the campsites. Baggies used to be available only in certain camping loops but now they are available in ALL camping loops.

Main thing is, they TRY to keep pets in certain loops but they will not deny a site to a guest nor turn them away. If a site is only available in one that is NOT certain, the pet guest will go where the available site is.

Probably same for the cabins. They will TRY to keep them assigned in certain specific loops but if there is more demand than cabins available in those certain loops, they will be assigned to any cabin available.

Question about dues. Can they ever go down? or maybe not be raised a year? Especially when a new resort is produced and its not sold out.

In the FW Cabins case, as more rooms are declared and either sold or not, could the dues decrease since there is more people paying? Or it balances out?

I’m just not very clear on how dues cost are calculated but I do know Disney can’t just charge whatever.

Question about dues. Can they ever go down? or maybe not be raised a year? Especially when a new resort is produced and its not sold out.

In the FW Cabins case, as more rooms are declared and either sold or not, could the dues decrease since there is more people paying? Or it balances out?

I’m just not very clear on how dues cost are calculated but I do know Disney can’t just charge whatever.

While I have never seen them go down, the first few years of a resort tend to have much smaller increases because they have real figures to use to budget

Hope they add another restaurant and maybe another pool by this area. I don’t know if I will want to stay in these if they are all dog friendly. I love dogs but question how good the cleaning will be in between guests.

https://dvcnews.com/dvc-program-menu/financial/annual-dues-by-resort

DVCnews has a page with all the dues. If I read it correctly (on my phone), it happened with VB in the 90s, but it appears to be very rare.

It would make zero sense for them to add that language for just that resort. Give it time. There is now at least one resort with a more precisely defined definition of commercial activity, and it specifically addresses a pattern of renting confirmed reservations (not just points) or frequent occupancy by others of such reserved accommodations. Note also, it says a "pattern" of renting reserved accommodations, not frequent renting. @Sandisw @Brian Noble
It's almost like they saw me saying I would rent points there but not buy ha

All kidding aside, in November, housekeeping at the Cabins took my dog's toys and laid them out on the queen bed in the bedroom for him. I always take a blanket with me when I travel with him and I lay it on top of the bed linens to protect them a bit / he knows that is "his space" when I do that since I trained him to lay on a towel or blanket when he was young. It was really cute how the housekeeper arranged his blanket and sweet toys after she changed the sheets. So while it is the rule now, it is clearly not enforced. I have a 35-pound Cavapoo so he's a non shedder and is very easy on furnishings, etc. He just wants to cuddle with his mom at night!

I can't wait to stay in the new Cabins with him with the floor to ceiling windows so he can look out at the world like he does at home.

I know this type of property isn't for everyone, but I am so so excited about it. I don't want to buy DVC because I don't want a 50-year commitment, but for the stage of life I am in right now, they are perfect and I will enjoy renting points or paying cash rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter