Ft. Wilderness Cabins becoming DVC?

If the treehouses sit empty or rent for cash - why add the cabins ?

Not that one of my best disney trips wasn’t in the cabins.

I’m mixed. Hopefully RVs can still hook up.

They do need a refurb and it will connect to wilderness lodge a bit more.

Again I’m mixed

I just hope the dogs can still come and hoop Dee do and the ranch isn’t affected

Last edited:
Throwing up some trailers in an undesirable location to get rid of unprofitable cash stock sounds totally on brand for DVC. But...

The timing makes no sense to me. 2024? You mean when you're supposed to be selling that giant high rise building you just spent all that money on?

And when you're still holding millions of RIV and Aulani points?

Throwing up some trailers in an undesirable location to get rid of unprofitable cash stock sounds totally on brand for DVC. But...

The timing makes no sense to me. 2024? You mean when you're supposed to be selling that giant high rise building you just spent all that money on?

And when you're still holding millions of RIV and Aulani points?
Agreed that the timing is strange. Maybe explains the lack of ROFR being exercised even more. Weird.

It will be a new association because there are no DVC units at that property. But. I find it an interesting move…

What I find interesting is that last year, when they gave out sales info for VGF, it was shortly after that they announced the Poly tower.

Now, a new project announced after VDH sales….but still mum on what is going to happen with the tower.

From the article: "A select number of cabins are also expected to be dog-friendly."

This could be a game changer for us...and solidifies no VDH for us. Will hold on to the cash and see how this story develops.
I wouldn't get too excited. They'll have a handful, like club level rooms. I doubt they'll allow many. Or they'll charge a lot more for them.

When I first saw this, I thought, "April Fools!" But nope, we're defnitely past that date. It looks interesting and since we will never be direct owners we're out but still - it makes me think that adding to moderate resorts (I'm looking at you French Quarter), will be developed further. Who knows?

I wouldn't get too excited. They'll have a handful, like club level rooms. I doubt they'll allow many. Or they'll charge a lot more for them.
Or it will be a larger amount- with the LVT floors it’s not hard to be pet friendly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter