Ft. Wilderness Cabins becoming DVC?

Hey Sandi,

I did email that guide again and asked for more details about it being part of the trust and this is what she replied :

The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort will work on a Trust, however, it will not affect anything as to how your membership works today. Instead of the wording being a Condominium Association it will be a Trust. I do not have any information on Disney's Polynesian Villas and how it will be worded, however, the deeds will work exactly the same as they do today. If needed, I would be happy to send you a copy of Public Offering Statement.

I also asked her for the Public Offering Statement and it seems like it’s the same 257pg Resort Use Plan document we were all discussing a few weeks ago from the Florida Comptroller site 🤷🏼‍♀️

Thanks for clarifying. We do know that the function right now of the trust works the same way

With Poly tower, at least he protected himself by saying he doesn’t know how it would be worded but work the same way…

Meaning, they don’t know or can’t share the actual units at the tower will yet be sold.

Language in the brochure that "cabins are available" for pets is most reasonably interpreted as "some" but not "all."
Screenshot_20240201_125539_Chrome.jpg

Does it say "all" anywhere? It wouldn't surprise me to see conflicting language.

This really shocks me as there are people with severe allergies.

I figured they would designate a certain number of cabins for the dog friendly cabins.
Maybe they mean the first 30 cabins opening July1 and as they eventually open other loops and sections they’ll designate some as dog friendly and others as not, as I believe it is currently?

I asked specifically, and he confirmed that ALL cabins will be. He also said they will be trying to keep those with dogs in one area, but will not limit it in order to accommodate any and all who have their dogs.

I asked specifically, and he confirmed that ALL cabins will be. He also said they will be trying to keep those with dogs in one area, but will not limit it in order to accommodate any and all who have their dogs.

It wouldn’t be the first or last time a guide was misinformed.

Language in the brochure that "cabins are available" for pets is most reasonably interpreted as "some" but not "all."
View attachment 830655

Does it say "all" anywhere? It wouldn't surprise me to see conflicting language.
@aka Charles said he talked to the guide so nothing was in writing.
The pamphlet you found is more of what I expected ie they are available but not necessarily all of them are.
Just talked to my guide.

Annual dues $12.16/point

ALL cabins will be pet (dog) friendly. (Fees apply)

I think I found the language in the new multi site Public offering statement?

Attachments

• IMG_3957.jpeg
    IMG_3957.jpeg
    82.9 KB · Views: 33
The main thing that I see is that there is no separate booking category for cabins that are pet friendly. If every cabin booked for a weekend is bringing their dog, how can they say no?

On the dog and fees — according to the budget in the PO, maintenance is .723 per point. Housekeeping is 3.063. I have no clue where that relates to other budgets. Transportation is 1.9092. Page 207 of the PO.

That makes sense, a loop that prioritizes dogs. Then another loop or two prioritized dog free (maybe like a room request for people with more severe allergies). Then the other loops maybe don't prioritize dogs or allergies and are overflow for dog families and okay for people without allergies.

We'll see how it works out. With the costs I can see some folks trying to skirt around fees by not saying they have a dog. Some will think they can get away it without thinking about thinking about daily house keeping checks, security seeing when checking in, etc. I mostly feel for housekeeping that may end up surprised.

1706818057235.png
Looks like it!

“Frequent purchase of resale interests”!

That’s me done 😂
Yeah has this language of anti rental always been there? Are they really coming after the family that rents their points out a couple years in a row?

I know some here have serious rental amounts but did not realize they had such language... Probably never paid attention.

View attachment 830679

Yeah has this language of anti rental always been there? Are they really coming after the family that rents their points out a couple years in a row?

I know some here have serious rental amounts but did not realize they had such language... Probably never paid attention.
I think this wording is taken from the master declaration for the Cabins Use Plan?

This is only in the Cabins Master Declaration though… does not seem to be in the new POS
It would make zero sense for them to add that language for just that resort. Give it time. There is now at least one resort with a more precisely defined definition of commercial activity, and it specifically addresses a pattern of renting confirmed reservations (not just points) or frequent occupancy by others of such reserved accommodations. Note also, it says a "pattern" of renting reserved accommodations, not frequent renting. @Sandisw @Brian Noble

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter