Ft. Wilderness Cabins becoming DVC?

3 others with it too.

So, we now have some point info, The first set of cabins going in will amount to 229,820. Its Units 1A to 1H.

Now to go back to the drawings from yesterday’s documents to see how many cabins that is and maybe have a general idea of points per night if all things are equal.

There's some language in here that feels like it's talking about two different types of owners. Am I just seeing things?

I think what this is…which is different than current deeded interests…is that the points foe the trust at the property stay as a total and ones points would determine what and how you can stay.

If you have 200 and I have 300, your points won’t get you the same use as my 300.

So, we now have some point info, The first set of cabins going in will amount to 229,820. Its Units 1A to 1H.

Now to go back to the drawings from yesterday’s documents to see how many cabins that is and maybe have a general idea of points per night if all things are equal.
Yep! Exhibit A to the Declaration shows 30 cabins on those (see pgs 40 & 45 of pdf).

Attachments

• Cabins Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions [s] - 20230743964-1.pdf
    6.7 MB · Views: 38
I fired up the ouija board last night and communicated with Walt himself and asked him what he'd do. Walt said the new, shiny Poly Tower is going into the Trust and will have resale restrictions. If Walt said it on the oija board, then it must be true, right? But, given I was still a bit skeptical, I confirmed that what he said was true with my Magic 8 Ball, and we all know that its never wrong.

So, count on it. The Tower may be part of the PVB resort, as was mentioned by Yvonne, but it's gonna be in the Trust and restricted. Just like CFW.
I totally agree.

That is lower than I expected. It really does seem like these will be closer to studio pricing than 1 bedrooms…I think that could make them more popular than once thought.
So is this DVC getting into the moderate villa business?

This one notes that there are 229,820 points for the 30 cabins activated, which suggests an average point per night of about 21 points per cabin per night (229,820/30/365= 20.99).
That make the cabins much more attractive.

I know a family who will be interested in looking at the cabins given that point range. We have been talking about DVC with them very frequently.

So is this DVC getting into the moderate villa business?

I don’t know. I think this may be the shift to having more accommodations at the lower level of points like studios and these are just a unique take on that.

Look at what BPK was…202 studios added to the program…now these…which are like a studio plus…

We shall see.

Forgot to quote the poster who said:

WorldMark owners, by and large, advise new owners to rescind their direct contracts and go buy resale instead because of the massive discrepancy in value.

Yet somehow WorldMark is still able to sell credits!

Didn't see this posted here. "Master Declaration of Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions'. Sorry if duplicate. Doc # 20230743960

Attachments

• 20230743960-1.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 13
They don’t need to say anything about resale.
Not sure about that. If the only difference your home resort makes, is in resale, it will probably require some explanation. Currently resale being restricted to the home resort is one of many consequences the choice of home resort has.

I've always been a proponent of "buy where you want to stay." It's hard to go wrong when you do so. I also think it's too early to tell what impact the Trust model may have on the legacy resorts and availability. I suspect it will be very little. Likely the same impact as if CFW and future resorts were declared into associations as was previously done. I just don't see DVC making it a lot more complicated.

Good question and that's exactly the point. What's changed?
I believe they will add all of the unsold Aulani points into the "Trust" just to get this resort fully sold out. People are not going to go to Hawaii every year so they will use these points at the remaining DVC resorts which put pressure on those resorts at the 7 month window.

Not sure about that. If the only difference your home resort makes, is in resale, it will probably require some explanation. Currently resale being restricted to the home resort is one of many consequences the choice of home resort has.

I just don’t agree. Guides don’t discuss resale unless asked. But, the documents signed will explain it.

Really, I don’t see this as any different than now, You buy a specific resort use plan, instead of a deeded ownership interest in a home resort, but get the big benefit of having 11 month booking privileges at other trust properties.

They simply say “ You can choose a home resort in any of these properties in the trust. The great thing about buying a RTU plan in the trust is that you get home resort booking privileges not only at your own resort, but also the other resorts in the trust”

No different than right now when you choose a home resort…but with the added bonus of having a reciprocal home resort booking with other owners.

Once a trust resort is sold out, then that’s not an option for choosing that RTU plan any longer.

I just don’t agree. Guides don’t discuss resale unless asked. But, the documents signed will explain it.

Really, I don’t see this as any different than now, You buy a specific resort use plan, instead of a deeded ownership interest in a home resort, but get the big benefit of having 11 month booking privileges at other trust properties.

They simply say “ You can choose a home resort in any of these properties in the trust. The great thing about buying a RTU plan in the trust is that you get home resort booking privileges not only at your own resort, but also the other resorts in the trust”

No different than right now when you choose a home resort…but with the added bonus of having a reciprocal home resort booking with other owners.

Once a trust resort is sold out, then that’s not an option for choosing that RTU plan any longer.
I just think it's a different proposition to say 'You are buying Riviera' with the fine print saying resale is restricted to Riviera than saying 'You are buying Riviera and Aulani and Cabins at FW' when the fine print says resale will be restricted to CFW. The consequence is less expected, therefore requires more explanation.

It's obviously less of a problem for people who want CFW and buy CFW than for people who want WDW and get offered Aulani.

But we don't need to agree on this. It's purely a subjective matter.

I just think it's a different proposition to say 'You are buying Riviera' with the fine print saying resale is restricted to Riviera than saying 'You are buying Riviera and Aulani and Cabins at FW' when the fine print says resale will be restricted to CFW. The consequence is less expected, therefore requires more explanation.

It's obviously less of a problem for people who want CFW and buy CFW than for people who want WDW and get offered Aulani.

But we don't need to agree on this. It's purely a subjective matter.

That’s my point though. I don’t think one would buying into more than one RTU plan. You would choose which one to have your deed tied to when you buy.

They can structure it the exact same way as it is now,,,your paperwork tells you what it is from the start.

The DVC membership agreement and the home resort rules and regulations is what determines the booking ability. So, from the reading I have done with just CFW, I think they will amend those to make a reciprocal agreement bwteeen the trust resorts to share home resort priority with each other.

Basically, owners who buy as part of CFW plan, or the RIV plan or the AUL plan (assuming those came to pass) would all be agreeing to give each other access to their resort at the same time.

The reason I say this is because the trust property at each location has to be defined and have a maximum number of points attached to it to be sold. They don’t all become one big lump of inventory across multiple resorts.

So, it appears that owners will still need to be tied to a specific plan for a specific resort property.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter