Funny childhood misconceptions

When I was little I thought that when I turned the tv off the show ended..... I also thought that when it snowed it didn't snow on the roads because they were always cleared when I woke up- figures I'm now married to someone with a snowplowing business:rolleyes:

Funny stuff. When my mom first taught me how to play the card game "War", she told me that the higher card wins all the cards. I thought that meant I had to put my card higher on the table than her card and couldn't understand why she kept snatching up all the cards - when I CLEARLY put my card higher than hers!

When I was in about the 3rd grade I got in a terrible fight with my teacher. She tried to tell me that caucasian and asian were different....now, we were raised by my grandparents and we had a Japanese housekeeper (not at all like Alice, Emi made us CLEAN up after ourselves)....Emi made a point of telling us how everyone was all one family. So, somehow I got it in my head that asian was "short" for Caucasian, like Tom is short for Thomas......my grandparents had to come and calm down the poor nun I was so obstinate about being right......still living that one down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter