Gators, Snakes and the MOUSE...Oh MY!! My 1st PTR! AUG 2010-CBR!*8/18 ON OUR WAY!!!!*

WeLoveLilo05

DIS Veteran
So here it is! Where do I begin? Well let me introduce myself and give you a little information about our upcoming Aug 2010 Disney Vacation!

We will be traveling as a large family...11 of us in total.
We have

Me: Jaclyn (26) and I am a Disney addict and this is my first pre-trip report:goodvibes. Been to Disney 6xs in my life. In the past I have stayed at All Star Sports (2xs), Caribbean Beach (1x), Swan (1x), and All Star Movies (2xs). I love Disney, love the parks, and well...if I could live there I would, but I am stuck here in Jersey haha. Aside from all things Disney, I love learning. I just finished school and now hold a degree in Education w/ Special Ed. Cert. and Psychology. Teaching jobs here in the great state of NJ are few and far between with the budget cuts, so in Sept. it looks like I will just be subbing here and there. We live 2 miles from the beach, so in the summers we spend most of our time there. I also like shopping, reading, cooking, walking, and cake decorating. I love the ocean (as mentioned before) and hope to one day swim with dolphins. Favorite movies: Lilo and Stitch, Lady and the Tramp, Finding Nemo, Cinderella.

Scott (Fiance, 27): He went to Disney once as a child, only to MK and doesn't remember much of it, he also went in college but just to MK. We have gone together for the past 2 years. His favorite part of Disney? The FOOD and that fact that its FREE this year...well that just made it 10xs better. Scott's a huge sports and WWE junkie. He is into fantasy football, baseball, and I think he even took up hockey? His favorite teams are the Yankees, NY Giants, NJ Devils. He knows every football player currently playing (lol) and enjoys watching college football so he could spot "potential" NFL players. He is a manager at Home Depot. On monday nights we fight over the TV, he wants WWE Raw and I want Real Housewives of NJ. In the end we both watch Dhani Tackles the Globe....Dhani :lovestruc, o anyways....Favorite movies: Incredibles, Cars, Up.

Alanna (DD, 5): Who is currently in her room watching Toy Story. She loves Disney, but surprisingly is NOT a big fan of Princesses :scared1:. IF asked to pick her fav princess she will pick Tiana every time. What is she looking forward to this Aug? Meeting LOTSO of course haha. Alanna will be starting Kindergarten in the fall. I am excited for her, but sad at the time same time, my little baby is growing up. She loves playing with her stuffed animals (her favorite is a Snoopy that was given to her for her 1st Christmas) and her American Girl dolls. She also likes playing with her cousins. Her favorite movie: Toy Story.
This is us last year....the one day it didn't rain.
Image043.jpg

We also have:
My Mom and Dad and Sister (19).
AND
My aunt (who is like another sister to me, we are close in age), my uncle, and their three wonderful boys who are Chris 8, Brian 6, and Joe, 2.

Me, Fiance, DD, parents, and Sis are staying at the Caribbean Beach from Aug 20th-27th. However, my parents and sister are flying in on the 21st. The rest of us are driving all the way from Jersey for the first time ever. My aunt, uncle, and their boys will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside since CBR could not accommodate them.

So, how did this come to be? Way back in Feb I got a PIN for free dining and thus began our journey. We usually go in May, but I was graduating college, my cousin was making communion and the kids couldn't miss school, so here we are, gettin ready for a hot and humid disney experience, but hey we're eating for free right? LOL And ANY Disney experience is better than none at all. :goodvibes And after we got hit with the moonsons of May 09, I was feeling warm weather for our next trip, not cold...constant...wet....rain! LOL. I know I sound like Negative Nancy, but the truth of the matter is, we put those ponchos on last year and still had a great time :)

O and the reason behind the title for this PTR? One day I happened to read the "Snake in the room thread" and then shared the experience with my mom and now we are constantly joking about snakes, gators, and other interesting critters we don't see here in Jersey. So, you can bet your bottom dollar the first thing EVERYONE will be doing upon check in is investigating their rooms for snakes :lmao:

Chapters:
Our ADRS
Disney Movie Nights, Counting Down the Days one Disney Movie at a Time! *UPDATED* 8/4! Lilo and Stitch*
So this is....THE Plan
Disney Store Sale...just in time for our trip! :)
The Cure for the "Are We There Yet's" (or so I hope!)
He's got "the stuff" and she's got the money
Got some good deals at DisneyShopping.com this morning!
We got mail from DMR.....Oooooh!
LIFE Update, TRU Trip, UPS
The homemade countdown calendar is COMPLETE! Come sneak a peek!
To go to Universal/IoA or NOT to go to Universal/IoA, that is the question....help me answer it!
Patiently waiting and some new plans....
She POOHed in a bag
The Dress and the Itinerary
Luau with Lilo and 2 weeks til departure update!
Back in the day...2008 Ohana Breakfast
The Great Window (decorating) Debate
It's A Bug's World After All- Bug's Life Movie Night
5 Days away and we're @ the Doctor's Office :(
PACKED b/c we NEED this vacation!
WE'RE LEAVING TODAY!!!!

I was up at the crack of dawn to make our ADRs when we were 180 days out, so here they are:

Fri 8/20~ Whispering Canyon Cafe, Dinner
Sat. 8/21~ Coral Reef, Dinner
Sun. 8/22~ Chef Mickey's, Breakfast
Mon. 8/23~ Kona Cafe, Breakfast (my parents and Sis only, they want to try that Kona coffee haha)
Mon. 8/23~ 1900 Park Fare, Dinner
Tues 8/24~ Tusker House, Breakfast
Tues. 8/24~ Teppan Edo, Dinner
Thurs 8/26 ~Le Cellier, Lunch for my parents and sis, Dinner for the rest of us.

Can you believe after getting up super early I still couldn't get Le Cellier for the day that I wanted (originally wanted Sat)? Free dining wasn't even open to the general public yet. But o well, at least we are eating there, as that is my favorite TS restaurant.

I should also mention that DD has a severe peanut allergy, when making my ADRs I made a note of this on the ressies. We have always had a good experience and I am hoping and praying this continues with our 2010 vacation.

I actually started Disney Movies nights with the family on Superbowl Sunday. Me and DD were home, fiance went to watch the game at his friends' house, not being totally excited about football (well I like it, but just wasn't going to sit here by myself only watch Peyton Manning lose:sad2:) So we began the tradition, trying to do 2 movies nights a month until departure. We have a meal that is based on the movie with decorations and themed foods, usually play a game or a craft and then watch the movie. Its a lot of fun! Our first was 3 caballeros, my DD's favorite Ride in Disney World.

DMN#1 The Three Caballeros, Donde Esta Donald?

DMN#2 UP! with DUG

Finding Nemo (my favorite, tons of fun!)

The INCREDIBLES with our INCREDIBLY Dysfunctional Family!

Lady and the Tramp

Goin Down the Rabbit Hole with Alice In Wonderland (animated)

The Princess and the Frog

Toy Story 3 Premiere Party!!!

ARRR me maties! Pirates of the Caribbean~ Curse of the Black Pearl! *NEW* 7/11

Luau with Lilo
*NEW* 8/4

It's a Bug's World After All ~ Bug's Life *NEW* 8/7

We will probably do 4 or 5 more, not really sure which ones, def. Lilo and Stitch and Peter Pan, probably Cars...not sure what other ones we will do.

Joining in!

I was up at the crack of dawn to make our ADRs when we were 180 days out, so here they are:

Fri 8/20~ Whispering Canyon Cafe, Dinner
Sat. 8/21~ Coral Reef, Dinner
Sun. 8/22~ Chef Mickey's, Breakfast
Mon. 8/23~ Kona Cafe, Breakfast (my parents and Sis only, they want to try that Kona coffee haha)
Mon. 8/23~ 1900 Park Fare, Dinner
Tues 8/24~ Tusker House, Breakfast
Tues. 8/24~ Teppan Edo, Dinner
Thurs 8/26 ~Le Cellier, Lunch for my parents and sis, Dinner for the rest of us.

Can you believe after getting up super early I still couldn't get Le Cellier for the day that I wanted (originally wanted Sat)? Free dining wasn't even open to the general public yet. But o well, at least we are eating there, as that is my favorite TS restaurant.

I've eaten at 1900 Park Fare, Teppan Edo, and Le Cellier out of all of those... Le Cellier is definatly my favorite! Yummy

Joining in!

I've eaten at 1900 Park Fare, Teppan Edo, and Le Cellier out of all of those... Le Cellier is definatly my favorite! Yummy

Hi, Thanks for joining! :wave2:
I LOVE Le Cellier and 1900 Park Fare is good, I really go for the step sisters, they give me a good laugh.
We have never eaten at Teppan Edo, so I am really excited for this one! Did you enjoy it, what did you order if you don't mind me asking?

Hi, Thanks for joining! :wave2:
I LOVE Le Cellier and 1900 Park Fare is good, I really go for the step sisters, they give me a good laugh.
We have never eaten at Teppan Edo, so I am really excited for this one! Did you enjoy it, what did you order if you don't mind me asking?

The stepsisters are a hoot!
Hmm, I'm pretty sure I ordered the chicken and steak combo... the steak was delicious! Teppan Edo is a lot of fun, our chef was amazing

Hi joining in! How are you trip plans coming? Good list of ADRs. We are possibly eating at Coral Reef this trip, and have done Japan and Canada last year

Hi joining in! How are you trip plans coming? Good list of ADRs. We are possibly eating at Coral Reef this trip, and have done Japan and Canada last year

Good, just a little nervous since I don't really know what kind of crowds to expect and I am assuming the heat is just going to be awful. Not sure if we should be at rope drops or just sleep in and hit the parks with EMH at night when its a little cooler.

I'm in!! It sounds like you are going to have a great time and your ADR's look good too!!

What do you think about driving? My DH said that he would never drive but after driving to Missouri from Maine in April (which is about the same distance to WDW, he said that he would consider it if needed someday). No driving for us this time...DH is not going and we got great airfare out of Portland.

I am looking forward to hearing more about your plans.

Trish

I'm in!! It sounds like you are going to have a great time and your ADR's look good too!!

What do you think about driving? My DH said that he would never drive but after driving to Missouri from Maine in April (which is about the same distance to WDW, he said that he would consider it if needed someday). No driving for us this time...DH is not going and we got great airfare out of Portland.

I am looking forward to hearing more about your plans.

Trish

Hi :)
I am a little nervous about driving, but excited at the same time :goodvibes.
I've never seen the southern east coastl states so I am looking forward to that. We have driven from NJ to NH a few times (Scott's family lives there), about 7 hours, if we were driving straight through from NJ to Orlando it would be over 18 hours :scared1:. Scott and I are going to sit down this week and plan our stops b/c I have to reserve a hotel room, we are thinking we are going to stop in Savannah GA on the way there. I am also nervous about driving in DC as I hear the traffic is awful, trying to figure out a way around that.

I am sort of the designated "travel agent" for my family, I did my parents airfare and it was over $1600 for them and my sis flying out of Newark. I think it was b/c they waited til last minute to book their flights so the availability was very limited and they also wanted Continental. I think both years that we have flown when added up it hasn't cost us that much, I was in such shock! I could have gotten them a cheaper deal but they would have basically missed 2 days by the time they landed in Orlando and then they would leave Orlando extremely early on departure day.

This is our plan, which I am sure will change a hundred times between now and August. We have 4 kids so I am sure we'll be splitting up and one kiddo will end up back at the hotel for a nap while the other 3 stay with other adults...its going to be crazy, but a fun crazy. We have hoppers and the water park and more option.

Thurs. 8/19.....making the long drive from NJ. We plan on taking rests here and there, haven't fully figured this part out yet, but will in the upcoming weeks. As of now we plan to leave NJ between 7 and 8 AM, trying our best to avoid the DC traffic. I am thinking I will pack a lunch and hopefully we could find an outdoor type of area to eat and let DD run around for a bit. Hop back in the car, take stops here and there, stop for dinner and then settle in somewhere :rolleyes1 in Savannah, GA by 8 or 9 PM.

Fri 8/20
Arrive by 2 @ CBR (although I think it may be earlier, depending on what time we leave Savannah, GA). Check in, hang out by the pool, snack, unpack.
Whispering Canyon Cafe for dinner, meet up with my Aunt and her 4 boys hahaha, and take advantage of EMH at MK.

Sat. 8/21
Wake up at 8 AM (whoa, this looks scary in print :scared1:, EMH is til 2AM, don't think we'll make it that long with 4 kids, but then again I am not sure getting up @ 8AM is feasible either.) Breakfast at the hotel.
Epcot OR DHS.
Break @ 1 - hotel, hopefully meet my parents and sis.
Back to Epcot for Coral Reef dinner, night @ Epcot.

Sun. 8/22
Chef Mickey's Breakfast at the Contemporary @ 9:30am
Magic Kingdom
Break around 1 or 2 @ the hotel
Back to Magic Kingdom, which will be open til Midnight.

Mon. 8/23
Breakfast at the hotel (I think my parents and sis have Kona breakfast this day).
Pick a waterpark (BB or TL)
Break
5PM dinner at 1900 PF.
Open to AK (close @ 8), MK, or DHS, whatever we kind of vote on.

Tues. 8/24
Tusker House Breakfast 9AM
AK in the morning
Break by the pool @ the hotel
Teppan Edo @ 5:20
Epcot is open til midnight, our evening will be spent there.

Wed. 8/25
Breakfast at hotel or Main St. Bakery.
MK
Break
Open to whatever we missed/want to see again/relax.

Thurs. 8/26
Open to whatever we missed/want to see again, water park?
Break
Dinner at Le Cellier @ Epcot @ 6PM (my parents have a lunch there I believe @ 2.) Probably stay at Epcot, open til midnight.

Fri. 8/27
Breakfast at hotel
Pool
Downtown Disney for lunch and shopping.
Depart 4-5ish.

Last year I had an itinerary and I know plans changed a lot. I don't anticipate spending much time @ DHS b/c TSM will be closed while we are there :mad:. We'll probably do GMR, Rockin Rollercoaster, ToT, VotLM, and DD loved that Honey I shrunk the kids play area, And of course she has to meet Lotso.

This weekend we went to the mall and Target, got some really good deals at Sears believe it or not. I'd like to go back during the week, DD put on one of those acts.... "My finger hurts..my hand hurts...my arm hurts" LOL, so I was pretty quick in there. Also got a few things from the Disney Store. So these are our awesome finds, all for DD. I actually ordered a few things from Lands End last week for myself and picked up 2 tanks today as well, I think I have enough tops, I just need some shorts.

100_0704.jpg

100_0705.jpg

100_0706.jpg

I love this top! It was $15, on sale for $4 and change. Tiana is actually appliqued on! They had all the princesses, Snow White's was really nice too. I let DD chose, and of course, she picked out Tiana :goodvibes

I let DD get a TS3 toy so she picked out:
100_0702.jpg

Alanna has lots of dresses from last year's trip that I ordered on Ebay, some were resells so I got good deals on them, they still fit her this year. I have no intentions on doing any wash on our trip, so if I need 2 outfits per day and we'll be in Disney for 8 days...then I need 16 outfits plus 2 for our drive, 18 outfits per person, 54 outfits all together, plus swim suits, pjs, and..um, unmentionables! :scared1: Hope we have enough room in the trunk of the Fusion!

Since, I am a planner by nature, and since we knew that we would be driving this year, I have been picking up little things for DD to do in the car to keep her occupied during our long 18 hours drive to Orlando! I started around Easter time. We got her a little desk and organizer that goes on the back of the passenger seat. My dad got her a portable DVD player a LONG time ago (before I moved around the block from my parents, I lived about 40 minutes away so my Dad got DD a portable DVD player to watch in the car for those trips). DD also has a Nintendo DS and she still plays with her leapster. I read here on the DIS that people pick up things here and there, hide them, wrap them up and every 1/2 hour or hour if their kiddos are good they give them one of these "gifts" and its something for them to do in the car. So this is what I plan to do with DD, and this is what I got so far.

100_0707.jpg

Both DVDs were under $6! And the Stitch game we got @ TRU for "free" when we got 2 DS games for my cousins.

100_0708.jpg

Tons of activity books (many from Dollar Tree), DD is starting K in the fall so we'll be practicing those letters and numbers in the car! :laughing: The princess one Scott's mom actually got for DD for Christmas and she never even opened it! Its very nice, tons of things to do!

100_0709.jpg

More stuff....Sticker activity books, a puzzle, colorforms, a princess create your own book that I got for $3 from Christmas Tree shop. Toy Story stickers from the Dollar Tree, and my mom got her American Girl Samantha Magnetic playset and told me to put it away for the trip.

100_0710.jpg

Some doggy travel board game, I'll sit in the backseat and play with her. Got her some princess make your own beads set from 5 and Below, and the Toy Story vinyl playset from Borders with a 40% off coupon :cool1:. Alanna had one of these with Stitch, Peter Pan, and a few other Disney movies, she adored playing with them. So I got really excited when I saw it at Borders, I know she'll enjoy it!
The inside of the book, kinda like a create your own story with colorform like stickers. WARNING: SPOILER: IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN TS3 AND DON'T WANT TO KNOW THE ENDING, DON'T LOOK AT THE PIC BELOW!

100_0711.jpg

I also picked up a car charger for her DS and I am sure I'll pick her up another DS game if I find a good deal. She'll also bring her DS games and a few of her favorite DVDs. I may have to pick her up Toy Story, we have TS on VHS and TS2 on DVD. Every time she watches the TS VHS I laugh b/c they have commercials for Disney's 25th anniversary on there and to think next year they will be celebrating their 40th!

ok let me start off by saying, this post is NOT about a drug deal :lmao:

We are currently 52 days away from Disney (51 days away from our long drive). A few weeks ago I asked Scott to get me some of those Mickey Mouse paint chips from Home Depot, and a few nights ago he informed me that he "Got the Stuff", at first I had no idea what he was talking about until he pulled out 33 of those Mickey paint chips
100_0716.jpg

So, hopefully at some point this weekend I'll get to AC Moore or Michaels to get some poster board and some other fun things that I'll need to make our countdown calendar. I know I have a few Disney scrapbook type of stickers in my craft case. Usually my countdown calendars consisted of heavy duty construction paper and 30 post its that Alanna would peel off every day. But, someone here on the DIS inspired me to do an advent type of countdown calendar, everyday rip of a mickey head to reveal an attraction, ride, food, etc that we find in WDW. Alanna really enjoys doing the advent calendar around Christmas time (I actually have a Mickey one that talks that I got @ Target and then another Snoopy type of one, but whole other story), so I thought she would enjoy doing this :goodvibes

Another thing I started a few weeks back was "Alanna's Disney Dollars" bank.
100_0715.jpg

We made it together (it was a Hellman's mayo jar that I cleaned out), we put all Disney stickers around it and now I give her a dollar for helping me clean up (or behaving well), if she gets any money from family it goes in the jar, and she hates brushing her teeth so she gets a quarter for doing it. Not sure how much she has so far, I think she's got a $20 and 2 10 dollar bills in there and then a bunch of singles and change. She knows the more she helps out, the more money she'll get and the more things she'll be allowed to buy in Disney. I'll also buy her a shirt and a toy from me and Scott, but the rest will be with her own money.

I also ordered her, even though I said I wasn't going to do it because she has a lot, a dress from etsy. One of the sellers is making her a Lotso shirt and then a skirt, being that she is so obsessed with him and can't wait to meet him, I thought it would be cool. I've ordered from this seller before and the dresses/outfits she has made for DD still fit her and some are from 2008, so I am very pleased and I am looking forward to receiving it. I haven't told Alanna about it, I'd like to surprise her before the trip, I just have to think of a creative way to go about it. That's all the Disney news for now ladies and gents ;)

Thanks to Couponing to Disney! I got the heads up on free shipping this weekend only at DisneyShopping.com. In addition to the free shipping, they also had some new markdowns (I was eyeing that Ariel seashell dress for sometime now for Alanna, only $7.99!). I got her some dresses, tanks, and swim suits, total was a little over $40, which was pretty good. O, and the code is FREESHIP at checkout and I believe its good til Monday.

To add to our excitement, we got mail from Disney Movie Rewards! I was saving my points for the WDCC Lilo figure....it only figures I was only 200 points away from earning enough points for it that it sold out! So I ordered the Toy Story 3-D shirt, and I also got an extra reward for my birthday, a choice of 1 of 5 blu-rays. I decided on The GamePlan...I love The Rock, he's so cute! DMR is awesome b/c I didn't have to pay shipping for the shirt, I did, however have to pay $2.95 shipping for the blu-ray, but hey, $2.95 for a blu-ray is awesome!
100_0719.jpg

I also got back to Sears and they were WIPED OUT! I did manage to get Alanna the Snow White shirt though, but couldn't get any shorts in her size.

100_0720.jpg

I also got her a Tiana type of dress, but its going back b/c the fit is just so odd.

I think we're 48 days away from our trip? And in our party I am the only one who has paid the trip off! :scared1:
I am trying to think of nice ways to say "Go pay your trip" to my family without sounding bossy and rude :lmao: But I am getting nervous b/c I am afraid I will forget to tell them to pay the trip, I keep giving little reminders, but no one had budged yet lol.

I loved reading your Pre-trip report. We are Disney fanatics and only live about 2.5 hours away, we went quite often when the kids were little and I could take them out of school.

I always thought that planning the trip was almost as much fun as being there. So now I can live vicariously through you. It will be hot, my advice is let your DD have a good long nap and try to take advantage of as many nightime EMH as possible.

HAVE A GREAT TIME:goodvibes

I loved reading your Pre-trip report. We are Disney fanatics and only live about 2.5 hours away, we went quite often when the kids were little and I could take them out of school.

I always thought that planning the trip was almost as much fun as being there. So now I can live vicariously through you. It will be hot, my advice is let your DD have a good long nap and try to take advantage of as many nightime EMH as possible.

HAVE A GREAT TIME:goodvibes

Hi, thanks for reading! I'd love to be as close as you are, that's my dream, but I am too attached to my family to leave them to move to FL lol. I'm a little bummed because Toy Story mania will be closed and DD is so into that so she'll miss it. I am saving up already for next year's trip so hopefully we'll get on it next time around. We loved it last year, it was great.
The planning is fun though, it is kind of amazing how time has flown since I started planning this in late January/early Feb. Then when I come home in Aug I will be really down and going thru Disney withdrawal.

Well 4th of July has come and gone which makes us that much closer to our vacation :goodvibes. I somehow managed to get everyone to pay their trip on time ::whew!:: The 4th was spent with my family, swimming at my aunt's house. The beach is just way too crowded during the holiday weekend so we didn't even bother. I did go up on the 3rd for a jog, but I couldn't even get around all the people just walking on and off the boardwalk, it was more like a very slow walk :lmao:.

Any who, about a month ago DD was hospitalized. She has always had constipation issues and we saw a GI DR last August and she was doing well. The GI weened her off miralax within 6-8 weeks of being on it, but apparently this is a no-no. She ended up having some issues around Christmas, but she was doing much better than before. But a month ago DD ended up being SO constipated that she ended up in the ER 2 days after my birthday, I didn't even know she was constipated b/c she was going, she just wasn't fully emptying herself out I guess. What really concerned me was that she wasn't eating or drinking ANYTHING. We called ped and the nurses said its probably a virus keep her hydrated, well the next day she looked terrible, we called again, we were told same thing and if we "wanted" to to take her to the ER. So we did b/c they were being of no help to us. Good thing we did, she was moderately dehydrated, and was kept overnight hooked up to an IV of fluids. They took urine samples which were all ok, blood test for anemia and caliec's disease (both negative), and an enema. Now the thing that REALLY gets me mad, is if the ped would have seen us, she could have felt her tummy and told me she was constipated and I could have given her an enema and we could have discussed her constipation further and what steps to take. The hospital also gave me a script for her to get a sweat test for cystic fibrosis and to meet with their GI ped dr at the hospital.

We met with him 2 weeks ago and he said to give her exlax (2) and miralax to clean her out, keep her on it for up to a year (just the miralax). The "cleaning out", well it worked really well! We had an appointment this morning with him and he was very happy with her tummy, the look of it and he didn't feel any poop in it. We are really concerned b/c she lost weight from not eating those couple of days, she was tiny to begin with, now she is under weight, so we are trying trying trying to get her to just stuff her face. He wants to see her back Sept 1st to see if she gained, hopefully she'll eat a lot in Disney, last year she ate REALLY well!

BUT, let me tell you I could not for the life of me obtain these cystic fibrosis test results, took me a whole week and they were supposed to be available the same day @ 3PM. Called the ped 2 days in a row and they said no results, well did they even call the hospital? NO! B/c after the long holiday weekend I called them again and they didn't have the results and the nurse said she would call for them. I waited for four hours and then I called the hospital to try and get them (was transferred from the lab, to ped floor, to head ped. dr) only to be told my ped will have the results in 10 minutes and she will call, well she calls the next day :headache: :mad:. I was 99.9% sure DD did not have CF (and the test was negative) as she has no breathing issues and was tested for it as an newborn, but really, I am mad and needless to say we will not be returning to our ped, well we will, but only to get her records.

So after we went to the GI dr we took Alanna to Toys R Us for being such a good little patient. I feel so bad for her, she has seen more specialists in 5 yrs than I have in 26. She picked out a little Buzz and Lotso Buddy Pack, she also got a puzzle to do over the weekend. Its 150 pieces and Lotso is in the middle lol.
Since she is having problems with pooping and now being on the miralax has to go at the drop of a hat (seriously, if she says "I have to go NOW", she has to go NOW!) I picked this up:
100_0742.jpg

Now, I know what you are all thinking...NO, I am NOT whipping this puppy out while waiting on line for the Teacups :lmao:. This is really for the drive down. If she can't hold it we could pull over in the car and just have her go in the car in this. I think I may give it a test run though here first and see how it goes. The top also comes off and can fit on any toilet so that will be good at the hotel so she doesn't "fall in". At the parks, I'll just hold her.
I also got these for Alanna for the car, I was told that crayons could melt in the car, so these are more like colored pencils but they twist up, no sharpener needed, same for the pencils. It was buy 1 get 1 free but it had to be of the same thing so thats why I got 2.
100_0740.jpg

And I got her Wonder Pets game to put away, I had a 20% off coupon for any game :cool1: They are also running buy a backpack get a luncbox for free. So Alanna saw the Olivia backpack and lunchbag and said she wanted that for Kindergarten, got both for a grand total of $12.99.
100_0741.jpg

So, we get home and I am walking up to the apartment and I hear a truck stopping behind me And I hear a man calling me by my apartment # and I turn around to the UPS man saying "I thought it was you" LOL :lmao:, he didn't even see my face! The UPS man knows us too well (we always get the same guy). I was so happy to get our Disney Shopping order:
100_0743.jpg

100_0744.jpg

and I also got Alanna another dress that she is currently wearing ;) and a dress for next year in a bigger size, so I put that one away.
O and thanks for listening to my vent and rants, just has been a very long month!

I am so excited, took me 3 nights, but I completed out countdown calendar last night and in 10 more days we'll be able to use it! It took a while b/c I didn't want Alanna to see it, since it is kind of like an advent calendar. I took 31 pics from Disney (splash mt, mickey waffles, lotso, pixar place, safari, mickey, places we'll be eating, etc.) and glued them on the poster board, then put the mickey heads over it to cover it. Everyday we'll take one off :)
Here it is:

100_0745.jpg

A sneak peek @ what's behind # 30, I used little stars to hold the mickey heads in place but they remove very easily and won't rip the poster board.
100_0746.jpg

top of the calendar
100_0747.jpg

100_0750.jpg

bottom
100_0748.jpg

Since it's FINALLY raining here in NJ (we REALLY needed it, the grass is just burnt to a crisp outside) we are planning on doing a Disney Night tonight, we are thinking Lilo and Stitch. Time to round up the stuff I guess and get to work ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter