Gators, Snakes and the MOUSE...Oh MY!! My 1st PTR! AUG 2010-CBR!*8/18 ON OUR WAY!!!!*

Yesterday we went to the beach, it was such a great day, water was perfect and I got nice color. My sister came with her boyfriend and my aunt came with her youngest son (her other 2 little guys slept over their grandmothers) so we were at the beach the whole day. The kids had a great time. But before I went to stopped by my mom and dad's house in the way and she had gotten her itinerary so I knew I'd be getting mine today too once the mail lady made it to my house around 3-4.

When I got back I saw it...the BLUE envelope with the Mickey head balloons on it :cloud9: I was THRILLED! AND I also saw the USPS first class bag with Alanna's dress in it on the floor. Even more to be excited about!

So, I came in, started the dinner and went through our itinerary to make sure everything was correct, everything was good. Then I took the bag with the dress, went in my room, closed the door and opened it. It is so cute! Alanna is going to be so happy! Now, I don't know if I should give it to her this week to get her even more excited for our trip, OR wait til the day we go to DHS to give it to her.
So here it is.....
100_0797.jpg

100_0798.jpg

What should I do?!?!? Give it now or while at The World?

After dinner me and my mom went for a 3 mile walk on the boardwalk. I was jogging religiously before Alanna went to the hospital, but after we were so busy with appointments and tests that I really haven't been going as much as I would have liked to, but now that things normal, I am trying to get back to it (so I could eat and eat and eat once I get to Disney :lmao:) While walking I told my mom I'd send her the link to CBR's map so she could pick which building she'd like to stay in. I told her its not guaranteed you'll get it, but I think we could request it during the on line check in. I never did the On line check in before it was fairly new last year when we did out May trip so I wasn't sure if I should try it or not. We decided to pay the extra cash for preferred area so we are close to the food court and the pool.

Last night I went on US/IoA's website to see about the tickets, over $300 for us :scared1:, I asked Scott this morning when we got up if he wanted to do it and he just said, "I Don't care", well really I think *HE* would be the one to enjoy it the most. I think I asked him at a bad time, he's always Mr. Grumpy Gils in the morning and I just forget that not everyone can talk about this Disney vacation (or anything) that early in the morning. Heck, I'm so excited for it I could talk about it in my sleep! I guess we'll just wait til we get closer to our trip, if he decided yes for sure then I'll order them and save the $30. Just nervous that with my luck it will rain heavily the day we decide to go, then what? Hows US/IoA on a rainy day? I mean least year we survived the moonsons of May, it rained all day everyday our last trip, it was a real fluke. But I'm not sure how everyone else will do with downpours. We somehow did ok, I was surprised Alanna didn't cry every time she had to put on that poncho, but she just wore it and had a good time.
We really only have 1 day open for US/IoA, its a day that I don't have any ADRs planned. My mom said when we went for our walk that she'd really like to do US/IoA, she loves Jaws and ET.
Well thats all for now, going to my aunt's today to go swimming in her pool and let the kiddos play. Enjoy the day folks!

Oh my gosh, it's so cute!! It's even better than I thought it would be...she's gonna love it.....I always want to keep surprises until we get there but normally I cave and give in before we ever leave:confused3

Oh my gosh, it's so cute!! It's even better than I thought it would be...she's gonna love it.....I always want to keep surprises until we get there but normally I cave and give in before we ever leave:confused3

I know, I love it! :love:
She saw the bag and kept asking me what was in the bag. Tonight before I put her to bed she asked "Mommy what was in that bag yesterday that the mail lady left here." :scared1:
I don't know, I have to try and wash it too without her seeing it lol. I just don't know, I am so torn as to what to do.

Margaritaville is pretty fun! They have a huge volcano that erupts every hour (I think, it might be longer). The food is just so-so, but the ambiance and drinks make of for it. The food at Wolfgang is probably better, but the atmosphere at Margaritaville is great. I'd make sure to make a reservation, though. They get pretty crowded when the parks close.

Your must-do list at Universal looks fun. I love going into the Lucy thing, too. So fun!!!

Don't you love Mickey mail? It's great. Oh, and the Lotso outfit is so cute!!!!

Margaritaville is pretty fun! They have a huge volcano that erupts every hour (I think, it might be longer). The food is just so-so, but the ambiance and drinks make of for it. The food at Wolfgang is probably better, but the atmosphere at Margaritaville is great. I'd make sure to make a reservation, though. They get pretty crowded when the parks close.

Your must-do list at Universal looks fun. I love going into the Lucy thing, too. So fun!!!

Don't you love Mickey mail? It's great. Oh, and the Lotso outfit is so cute!!!!

O, since you have been, do you recall if they have children's menu? I went to look on the website but didn't see anything. Maybe I skimmed over it b/c it was 1AM, but I didn't see it.
I'll tell my aunt about the reservations, she is in charge of US/IoA hahaha, we both aren't familiar with all the new changes since our last visit (mine was in 2000, and hers was maybe in 95-96) so I dubbed her in charge of that.
Since we are now leaving 1 day earlier, I am all confused, my countdown calendar we ripped off Mickey head #22, I think we should be on #21, but under #22 was the scene from the PoTC ride where the jailed pirates are trying to coax the dog into giving them the key for the cell, my favorite part ;)
Sadly DD will NOT be going on PoTC, went on it the first year was so scared, so she won't go on ever again. She also won't go on Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor b/c she HATES Roz. Kinda upsetting, we went on that the 1st year w/o her and Scott got picked to be "Mike Wazowski" and she missed out :rotfl:

Yep, the have a kids menu. I used to order off of it all the time when I was interning at Universal. The portions are pretty decent, too. I found a link to the kids menu, here it is.

Aw, I used to be terrified of PotC too! I hated the "drop" and thought they were shooting real artillery. :lmao: Why doesn't she like Roz? Although, Roz is a little...rough. That's too bad she missed out last time. I love when they chose random people in the audience...as long as its not me. :rotfl:

Yep, the have a kids menu. I used to order off of it all the time when I was interning at Universal. The portions are pretty decent, too. I found a link to the kids menu, here it is.

Aw, I used to be terrified of PotC too! I hated the "drop" and thought they were shooting real artillery. :lmao: Why doesn't she like Roz? Although, Roz is a little...rough. That's too bad she missed out last time. I love when they chose random people in the audience...as long as its not me. :rotfl:

Thanks! Now I have to decide what I should do. Spend the extra cash there or just stick with my DDP and go over to Wolfgang Pucks Express. My mom kind of hinted to me last night that she would rather go to DTD and eat there or go to Burger King @ City Walk :lmao:

So we are currently 2 weeks away from our 2 day drive to WDW :dance3: I'm really excited, nervous, anxious, so many emotions for this drive! So last night we decided to have another DMN (you could check out our other DMN HERE, yes a little self promotion to this PTR never hurt anyone lol) any who, so we did Lilo and Stitch. Now, Lilo and Stitch holds a very special place in my heart for many reasons #1 it was the last Disney movie that I saw with my parents and sis as a family in the theaters before we all "grew up". #2, I bought this movie home one day when Alanna was sick and she just fell in LOVE :love:. She was about 2 and a half, maybe close to 3 when I got it for her and all day everyday she would put on her hula skirt and dance. By the 3 1/2 she knew all the words, I loved when she would do the whole "stinkin Tuna" monologue. I can't tell you how many times we would do the hula in the opening credits with the dancers :lmao:. One Christmas I got her a whole bunch on L+S toys on ebay for cheap, still in packages, she was so surprised. I even got Lilo's dress, which still fits her. And #3, I love the whole theme of Lilo and Stitch, Ohana, the Hawaiian culture, etc. So it was a fun night, got everything from the Dollar Tree/Christmas Tree shop for $1.
Our table setting:
100_0821.jpg

100_0831.jpg

We really watched the 2nd one, Stitch has a a Glitch, I let Alanna pick from the 3 that we have and that was the one she wanted. I personally LOVE the first one. I love that L+S with the sand bucket, Lilo smells like sun tan lotion :love:
100_0823.jpg

Our "pig roast" AKA Ham Steak with pineapple
100_0824.jpg

Teriyaki Noodles and "palm trees" AKA the only veggie my family will eat- broccoli.
100_0825.jpg

100_0830.jpg

our cake:
100_0834.jpg

100_0835.jpg

Activity #1 for the night: Lilo and Stitch Island Adventure Game. I got this on ebay super cheap, sealed. Its fun, kinda long. But there's tons of activities you have surf, go on a scavenger hunt, dance like Elvis, etc. It was cute and a lot of fun.
100_0836.jpg

Activity #2~ Limbo Time! Which was hilarious, my back still hurts today :headache:
100_0837.jpg

And this is usually what happens when we watch this movie:
100_0841.jpg

At the end when they do the hula and sing that song "I will love you always" I got really sad. We used to sing and dance to this song all the time. Can't believe how fast my baby has grown, when we get back from Disney she'll be off to Kindergarten. It really is bittersweet, I'm so proud of her. Not really sure where 5 years went though!

We'll probably do one more before we go~ Cars, since I have all the stuff for it. Not sure what to make though. In the meantime, I haven't taken down the L+S decorations, I told Scott they make me happy, I love Hawaiian themed stuff, so...maybe this weekend I'll take them down :rolleyes1.

OOOOO and to add to my Disney excitement, I just heard that Chef TJ has moved from Ohana's to 1900 PF. For those who may not know, Chef TJ's specialty is special dietary needs, and anyone who has dined at Ohana's has told me that he is AWESOME when it comes to peanut allergies. So hopefully he will be at 1900 PF when we are there.

2 weeks away and I am waiting for an iron on applique that I ordered from etsy to put on a shirt. It's a safari Minnie mouse and then I have a pair of Carter's safari looking zebra shorts i got on clearance @ Sears. I also ordered a little travel desk and TS3 game for Leapster for DD to do in the car from Amazon, should be getting that today or tomorrow.

A creative DISigner made a disign that I could make into a shirt for DD, it's Mickey ears with Alanna's name in the middle, the ears have a pirate bandanna on it, then on the side it's Minnie as a pirate. So hopefully I'll get a chance to go to an arts and crafts store and get that done. The DISigner also made one that had the 2 step sisters on it and it said "Forget the glass slipper, I'll take a step sister". I told Scott he had to wear it to 1900 PF if I make it, he said he would :lmao:.

Another thing that I did for Alanna was I found on the creative DISigner board and backdrop with Lotso on it and I have the Disney font on my computer, so I wrote a letter from Lotso to Alanna. She got in the mail a few days ago and was so excited that she had to write him back :goodvibes lol so cute!

2 weeks away from our drive!!!! :hyper:

Oh how fun! It looks like you guys had a blast. :goodvibes We just did our Lilo & Stitch movie night, too. Yours is much cuter, though. :) I hope Chef TJ is there when you guys are dining there!!!

Oh how fun! It looks like you guys had a blast. :goodvibes We just did our Lilo & Stitch movie night, too. Yours is much cuter, though. :) I hope Chef TJ is there when you guys are dining there!!!

Thanks, I was checking out your PTR and movie nights, they came out so cute! I think we may have to copy off of you and do A Bugs Life picnic, just me and Alanna while Scott is working. This way we could squeeze in another one and have a festive lunch. Ashlyn is just adorable :goodvibes

After this Lilo and Stitch movie night I am feeling nostalgic and a little sad that I decided against eating at Ohana's for breakfast this year (just wanted to try something new and figured we could meet lilo and stitch in AK)

Here's some pics from Alanna's first trip in May 08

AlannaApril0611905.jpg

my favorite pic, I have it framed, her very first meeting with the big cheese himself...
AlannaApril0611913.jpg

Showing Stitch how she surfs
AlannaApril0611917.jpg

If I remember correctly this was the first character meet that Alanna ever had and the first character she met was Lilo, and she seemed a bit shy in front of her....maybe it was her big ole head, IDK, but she wasn't scared around Mickey, Stitch, or any of the other characters we've met.

Thanks, I was checking out your PTR and movie nights, they came out so cute! I think we may have to copy off of you and do A Bugs Life picnic, just me and Alanna while Scott is working. This way we could squeeze in another one and have a festive lunch. Ashlyn is just adorable :goodvibes

Awww, thanks! The picnic for A Bug's Life was a lot of fun. Please post some pics if you do one! I'm trying to think of little "mini movie nights" because in a couple of weeks DH will be back in the states for a 2 week school so it will just be me and DD.

I swear I have been spending WAAAAAAY too much time on the DIS. We are 13 days away from the drive :lmao:.

So while browsing on the DIS I noticed a thread about people decorating their resort windows, I thought "What a Great idea!" Yeah, I know my mom is going to make fun of me, but I really don't care, it looks like fun and its festive and we'll be able to tell our room apart from everyone elses :rotfl:.

Since we're staying @ CBR I thought it would be cute to do a pirate themed window. I took some of Milliepie's DISigns and also asked her to make a few custom ones for me as well. The only thing is, someone reported a CM asking them to take their decorations down :headache:, what a BUMMER, but since then hundreds of DISers have reported they have done it and CMs have loved it. So, don't know what the problem is, someone suggested maybe the tape they used or the decorative window chalk (which I'm not using), but I figure if I laminate the DISigns I plan on putting on the window and then put a hole in it with a hole puncher and then hang it on a suction cup, I really can't get in trouble right? Should I do it?

THEN, I text Scott and do the unthinkable....yup, ask if he could borrow more Mickey Paint Chips from HD. I gave him specific colors and how many of each. His response: "Dare I ask?" I said "Let's just say our resort room is going to stand out nicely." He should be home soon, he got stuck opening today and was up @ 5AM (He usually works 1PM-11PM/Midnight)

I also got my Amazon.com order :goodvibes
Here's what I got:
100_0842.jpg

For the drive, Alanna saw it and agreed to put it away for the trip, what a good little kiddo
The travel tray
100_0843.jpg

there's no directions, I just assume the clip goes around the back of the car seat and then just snaps off.
100_0844.jpg

And here's the letter from Lotso, I got the back drop from the creative DISigners board and just added my own text.
100_0845.jpg

I am thinking of looking for a letter from Mickey and the gang and having it here the day that we leave for Alanna to read.

After my Amazon order I promised myself I wouldn't spend anymore money until payday this Friday (well and on food of course) and I kept my promise :goodvibes. But next week I am getting my hair done for the trip and Alanna needs a cut. I am also going to start to get together food items for the drive and during our stay. I am going to get 2 cases of water, I have 2 cases of the aqua pods for Alanna. I need the Sesame St Apple Juice (2-3) and some Gatorades, Apple Jacks, and I just don't know what to get for snacks that will keep good in the car, nothing chocolate obviously. So I'll have to think.

Aw, your Lilo and Stitch party look so fun! Mmm...that cake looks tasty.

I love decorating windows/doors!!! We didn't do it last trip, and DH probably won't go for it this time either. :sad2: I always love to see other decorated doors, especially when they have DIS references.

Since it was just me and Alanna tonight, we did another movie night, A Bug's Life. We just had some sandwiches that I used a flower cookie cutter to cut out, tomatoes, some fruit, chips, and I made the dirt cup with a "lady bug".

100_0852.jpg

100_0849.jpg

100_0853.jpg

the dirt cup
100_0856.jpg

For our craft I just printed out some Bug's Life pictures and we colored them, here's Alanna's
100_0857.jpg

We plan on doing Cars on Thursday, and maybe I could squeeze in a "Night Before Disney" one before we leave.

I still have to get to a craft store and get the stuff to make the shirts, still have to get a packing list together, go food shopping for the trip, so much to do and I don't know where to start! :figment:

Whoops, I've missed a few updates and what great updates they were!!! Your movie nights are amazing! Love is in the details....

I love the idea of decorating your resort windows...last visit we actually walked around our resort just to see how many we could see...some people really go all out and they look so good!!!

Can't believe your trip is right around the corner!!!:cool1:

Sorry I haven't updated, but Alanna has been sick with the stomach issues again. It started on Monday when she kind of just stopped eating, well she ate but just not her normal eating habits, she was eating like a bird. I didn't want to panic, thought maybe it was a virus or something. Then yesterday the burping started and it looked like with every burp she was in pain, so yesterday morning I called the GI Dr and he said go get her some Tums or Maalox maybe its heart burn, got her that and she was still burping and not eating. This morning I just took her to the ped. We were there for an hour and she called my GI Dr. again and said Miralax (which we skipped 2 doses b/c Alanna wasn't really eating or drinking) and 2 ex-lax....right now we're just waiting. I just don't get it, she WAS going good before she stopped eating! I explained this but everyone just keeps telling me she is not emptying herself out enough, but with that miralax she was going up to 3xs a day! I just don't get it. And the weight that she gained back, she lost again :sad2: I have noticed that since we got home from the peds office that the burping has decreased. She just cannot lose anymore weight, she needs to gain! Sorry, I just need to vent.

Ugh, just so stressed out! One minute she's improving and the next she is going down hill. The ped also gave us the phone # for a psychologist. We meet with the GI Dr when we get back from Disney, I don't know what other tests that are going to run on her, maybe an endoscopy :confused3? As all of this is going on I am looking up her symptoms and getting results like "Leaky Gut Syndrome", "candita", and aero something or other, its when someone swallows too much air. I asked the ped if it could be any of these and she said No. She said right now she has a touch of reflux and needs to empty out her stool.

We did Cars night last night, which really wasn't anything big since Alanna wasn't eating, I thought maybe she'd be excited about another movie night and eat but that didn't do anything. I took some pictures, I'll post them later. Over the weekend I also made Alanna a shirt using one of Milliepie's DISigns, I will have to post that later as well. And the suitcases came out this week. On Sunday I plan on packing.

Oh my, poor little angel:angel: I'm no doctor, but my daughter's friend had a burping issue and it turned out it was stress induced. It started about a month before graduation and progressively got worse. She went to the doctor and he told her it was stress. Once she decided she was going to take a year off before going to University it stopped...it was really weird. I felt bad for her though when she had no control of it.

I hope your little darling is feeling better soon.....will be thinking of you!

I'm so sorry she's sick again. :hug:

Oh my, poor little angel:angel: I'm no doctor, but my daughter's friend had a burping issue and it turned out it was stress induced. It started about a month before graduation and progressively got worse. She went to the doctor and he told her it was stress. Once she decided she was going to take a year off before going to University it stopped...it was really weird. I felt bad for her though when she had no control of it.

I hope your little darling is feeling better soon.....will be thinking of you!

Thanks!

I also thought maybe it was stress/nerves, maybe stressed about school? The drive? I really don't know, I just hope tomorrow she wakes up and eats me out of house and home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter