Gators, Snakes and the MOUSE...Oh MY!! My 1st PTR! AUG 2010-CBR!*8/18 ON OUR WAY!!!!*

Did your DH get the mickeys at Home Depot? I really love the calendar. My DW and Ds(4 and 6) and I are going to Disney the same time as you are(Aug 22-27). In fact we are staying at the CBR too. I would love to make a calendar fro them too. Great pre-trip!!

Thanks everyone!

Did your DH get the mickeys at Home Depot? I really love the calendar. My DW and Ds(4 and 6) and I are going to Disney the same time as you are(Aug 22-27). In fact we are staying at the CBR too. I would love to make a calendar fro them too. Great pre-trip!!

Yes, he is a manager @ Home Depot. I could only imagine what his fellow employees thought of him, taking all those mickey head paint chips :lmao:
Have you ever been to CBR? I've been there, but it was a LONG time ago, I think I was 9 years old...haha, I am really looking forward to it with all the new rooms renovations and the pool area. I am just kind of nervous about the buses b/c I remember that they stop at each little island, so it takes a while to get around the whole resort.
If you see a family of 11 w/ 4 kiddos walking around the parks make sure and say hi!

For our movie night we ended up watching Pirates of the Caribbean, I was in shock when Alanna decided on that one :scared1:! I had a lot of Pirate party stuff from dollar tree but I was going to use it for Peter Pan, but she wanted PoTC instead, which is fine. I'll post the pics tomorrow, it was a lot of fun!

When I made the reservations for everyone in my family I only did 6 day hoppers for my aunt and their family b/c they were going to Universal/IoA one day, while we have 7 day hoppers and were not planning US/IoA. My parents and sis are now going too and want us to go, so I don't know what to do. Alanna doesn't really know anyone but Dora, Diego, and Spongebob, she doesn't like Dr. Suess but she may enjoy the rides. She doesn't know ET, would be afraid of Jaws, would probably like Spiderman. I think Scott would really enjoy US/IoA b/c he likes roller coasters. If we go we'll be losing a day's ticket @ WDW UNLESS we stay later on our departure day (Friday the 27th) and go to a park. I am really unsure what to do. US/IoA closes @ 7 the day we are planning on going (August 25th), and it would be over $300 for us to just get in the park + food, not sure how US is with food allergies, I would assume ok (we rarely eat out b/c of DDs food allergy, just places we know that are "safe"). SO WWYD? and how much of the 2 parks could we REALLY do in 1 day?

I'm a little late in joining in, but I'm here! I'm loving your PTR so far!

Thanks for joining, I am always wondering if anyone is out there :lmao:

We got to start our countdown calendar today as we are 30 days out from leaving (31 days away from Disney since it will take us a day to drive), Turtle Talk with Crush represented Day #30, can't remember what is under Day #29, but I believe under #27 is MICKEY WAFFLES!! wooohoo!

I started picking up travel stuff (toothpaste, deodorant, and all that good stuff) later this week I'll start ironing dresses. I got an e-mail from the etsy seller that DD's Lotso dress will be shipped out on the 22nd, I am so excited, I'll post pics when I get it. I am going to surprise her with I think while @ WDW.

I am starting to get nervous for the drive, will we be able to make it to Savannah GA (our stop for the night) in 12-13 hours?

Good, just a little nervous since I don't really know what kind of crowds to expect and I am assuming the heat is just going to be awful. Not sure if we should be at rope drops or just sleep in and hit the parks with EMH at night when its a little cooler.

my best advice? go to the parks early and then go back to the hotel in the middle of the day, relax, take a nap, swim, and then head back to the parks for the night. thats what we always do and it works best for us

my best advice? go to the parks early and then go back to the hotel in the middle of the day, relax, take a nap, swim, and then head back to the parks for the night. thats what we always do and it works best for us

Thanks I think that is the plan that we are going to be using as well, with the exception of our arrival date and the day after, which would be Saturday. Our arrival day MK is open til 2AM so we are going to check in, relax, eat our dinner @ WCC and then hit MK. Then sleep in a little the next day.

SO excited, 29 days!! Today it was the monorail hidden under Mickey head #29 :rotfl:

I'm joining in. We'll be there 8/22-28. Love, love, LOVE that calendar -- such a cute idea! Sorry to hear about your poor DD's health problems. I hope things get figured out soon and she starts feeling better.

I'm joining in. We'll be there 8/22-28. Love, love, LOVE that calendar -- such a cute idea! Sorry to hear about your poor DD's health problems. I hope things get figured out soon and she starts feeling better.

DD is doing much better, she is on the miralax everyday now and its doing its job :). She is eating her usual meals and snacks. She has gained another 1/2 pound (as of yesterday's weigh in), which is better than nothing but I was wishing she would gain more now that we have a hold of her situation.

Where will you be staying?

I went to my aunt's house 3 days ago and noticed that she got her booklet with her package information, I went over it to make sure it was all correct for them. I assumed that when I got home mine would be there as well....no, and I still haven't gotten it yet, we only live 10 minutes away, its a different zip code but I guess I just thought I'd have it by now (3 days later). My mother got her ME tags a week ago, but no booklet with the package info.

So I'm waiting for that...and the etsy seller sent out DD's Lotso outfit on the 22nd so that should be coming soon as well, I am so excited to see it!

Scott got his schedule for this month and we are super excited he is off Aug 19th-Sept 1st :cool1:! So out new plan is....

He gets out Aug 18th probably by 3, so we are planning on leaving the 18th around 4. We want to get to at least Fredericksburg, VA and stop for the night, next morning get up and on the road by 8 and get to Savannah, GA by at least 9-10PM. Get up and on the road again the next morning by 8 and hopefully at CBR no later than 1pm.

We decided we will go with the family to US/IoA and the last day (the 27th) stay in WDW til 7, start our drive home, get to Hilton Head SC by midnight, wake up the next morning and hang around for a few hours, be on the road by 12 and in Virginia Beach probably by 9pm and hang out @ Virginia Beach the next day and then drive the 6 hours home.

Just a little concerned with how much this may cost us, I was thinking maybe we should just stay a night @ one of the values on the 27th, get up early and either A) see if TSM is open @ DHS or B) go to DTD for a little or C) just get up early and try to drive to Virginia Beach.

What do ya'll think? Scott kind of wants to get out of Disney and see other things, Id like to see other things too, but trying not to spend spend spend money.

I always wanted to go to Hilton Head, but maybe we could do that another time, maybe in Oct for a weekend, how's the weather there then? Ugh, but then I would just be so tempted to drive that extra 5 hours to go to WDW. I feel as though my plans are still up in the air. The hotels, gas, food, and the US/Ioa will probably cost a small fortune! What to do what to do!?! :confused3

Just wanted to let all those inquiring minds out there know that the Potette on the go potty works :thumbsup2.
We gave it a trial run today, I opened it up and set it up and let DD go. She POOH-ed in it (haha, potty/Disney humor) and it worked great. The liner held up nicely, easy to take off and throw away, easy clean. Just hope it works as well with #1.
I also tried to sit it on the regular toilet (we have the 2 in 1 model) and let her sit, and that worked too. :cool1:

Just kinda bored and tired today. What are you all doing? It looks like it is about to pour any minute outside, and we need it here in NJ! All this heat and humidity, yeah, I think I will be immune to it by the time we get to Disney in August.

Edited to add: Not only will we be ready for the heat, it now looks like a hurricane outside my window, its REALLY coming down!

Found your TR and just finished reading it!!
My niece has a similar condition to your DD and it's awful to watch them in such discomfort. I'm not sure of the meds she is on, but if she even misses one dose, it really wrecks havoc on her.

We have gone in August since 2006 but this year we're actually going the last 2 weeks in September. My boss is taking the last 2 weeks of August and we both can't be away at the same time. I'm looking forward to seeing what the difference of a month will make.

Great buys! I can't wait to see that outfit that lady is making you:rolleyes1

Found your TR and just finished reading it!!
My niece has a similar condition to your DD and it's awful to watch them in such discomfort. I'm not sure of the meds she is on, but if she even misses one dose, it really wrecks havoc on her.

We have gone in August since 2006 but this year we're actually going the last 2 weeks in September. My boss is taking the last 2 weeks of August and we both can't be away at the same time. I'm looking forward to seeing what the difference of a month will make.

Great buys! I can't wait to see that outfit that lady is making you:rolleyes1

Thanks,
Sorry to hear about your niece, it really is sad to see them in such pain, I hope she is doing better. I had a little guy in my kindergarten class when I was student teaching who also had stomach issues, my heart just broke for him b/c there were days when he was off and I knew what he was going through :sad1:
How are the crowds in Aug? How's the heat? Where are you staying in Sept?
We have gone in Sept when I was little (usually the 1st or 2nd week, my mom took us out of school). I remember it was hot but I guess as a kid I didn't care, heck I was missing school AND was in WDW! :yay: But I don't remember waiting for ANYTHING! This was before Free Dining and before Disney Dining Plan even existed, but I can't imagine Disney being all that crowded in Sept b/c BTS.
I can't wait to see the Lotso dress either, I am a little concerned b/c she said she finished it and never put a picture up on her etsy shop of the finished product so she could make/sell more for other buyers, so I am hoping it nice.
Thanks for joining in :goodvibes

Thanks,
Sorry to hear about your niece, it really is sad to see them in such pain, I hope she is doing better. I had a little guy in my kindergarten class when I was student teaching who also had stomach issues, my heart just broke for him b/c there were days when he was off and I knew what he was going through :sad1:
How are the crowds in Aug? How's the heat? Where are you staying in Sept?
We have gone in Sept when I was little (usually the 1st or 2nd week, my mom took us out of school). I remember it was hot but I guess as a kid I didn't care, heck I was missing school AND was in WDW! :yay: But I don't remember waiting for ANYTHING! This was before Free Dining and before Disney Dining Plan even existed, but I can't imagine Disney being all that crowded in Sept b/c BTS.
I can't wait to see the Lotso dress either, I am a little concerned b/c she said she finished it and never put a picture up on her etsy shop of the finished product so she could make/sell more for other buyers, so I am hoping it nice.
Thanks for joining in :goodvibes

We found the crowds quite manageable...we never waitied more than 30 minutes for any ride (except TSM) but we went for rope drop every morning and left the parks by 1230 everyday to go back for my nieces to rest and all of us to have pool time. It was hot, but it was the humidity that I found tougher than the heat...we're from Canada and we get hot weather in the summer, but because we live on the prairies it's not that humid.

What is etsy shop? I have read on other TR about this, but I've never heard of it.

We found the crowds quite manageable...we never waitied more than 30 minutes for any ride (except TSM) but we went for rope drop every morning and left the parks by 1230 everyday to go back for my nieces to rest and all of us to have pool time. It was hot, but it was the humidity that I found tougher than the heat...we're from Canada and we get hot weather in the summer, but because we live on the prairies it's not that humid.

What is etsy shop? I have read on other TR about this, but I've never heard of it.

Happy to hear crowds won't be too crazy!
etsy.com, its kind of like ebay in a sense, except everything that is being sold on etsy is handmade. Its like having a huge craft fair right at your finger tips. I think people even sell craft supplies too.

We'll be staying at the Villas the Wilderness Lodge for the first 5 days and then we're moving over to the Poly for the last night. Can't wait!!!!!

Ooh, that's a tough call. I'm a big Universal and Harry Potter fan so my first thought would be to go there. You could stay at Pop for about $65/night and then just head over to Universal. If you buy your tickets for Universal online, you should be able to save about $10/per ticket. Another thing to consider -- your DD might not find a lot to do at Universal if she's not into thrill rides. I know my 6 yo nephew wasn't a huge fan. I've been to Universal a ton (plus I did an internship there) so let me know if you have any questions.

Oh, and I thought I'd chime in on the August crowds and weather talk too. We went the same time last year and it was great! Well, the crowds were...the weather, not so much. It was really hot and humid. We're from Indiana and it's always really hot and humid so it didn't really bother us too much. We usually started off early in the morning and then headed back to our resort for a mid-day break/shower/nap/whatever. It was great! By the time we'd head back to the parks it had cooled off a bit and the crowds weren't as bad either. Be prepared for rain...EVERYDAY. It's not much, but it definitely comes everyday for at least a few minutes. We brought ponchos with us. DH bought an umbrella (which was $2 more than the ponchos at WDW) and he was really happy he had one. He hates wearing ponchos.

We'll be staying at the Villas the Wilderness Lodge for the first 5 days and then we're moving over to the Poly for the last night. Can't wait!!!!!

Ooh, that's a tough call. I'm a big Universal and Harry Potter fan so my first thought would be to go there. You could stay at Pop for about $65/night and then just head over to Universal. If you buy your tickets for Universal online, you should be able to save about $10/per ticket. Another thing to consider -- your DD might not find a lot to do at Universal if she's not into thrill rides. I know my 6 yo nephew wasn't a huge fan. I've been to Universal a ton (plus I did an internship there) so let me know if you have any questions.

Oh, and I thought I'd chime in on the August crowds and weather talk too. We went the same time last year and it was great! Well, the crowds were...the weather, not so much. It was really hot and humid. We're from Indiana and it's always really hot and humid so it didn't really bother us too much. We usually started off early in the morning and then headed back to our resort for a mid-day break/shower/nap/whatever. It was great! By the time we'd head back to the parks it had cooled off a bit and the crowds weren't as bad either. Be prepared for rain...EVERYDAY. It's not much, but it definitely comes everyday for at least a few minutes. We brought ponchos with us. DH bought an umbrella (which was $2 more than the ponchos at WDW) and he was really happy he had one. He hates wearing ponchos.

Thanks for the info, I am so jealous, love the Poly :lovestruc thats my DREAM stay, love it there. We also wen to WL for dinner @ WCC and I fell in love there too.
I guess when it comes to US/IoA I feel like I am going without a plan and there's so much to do in 2 parks in one day. I'm not spending the extra $ for their version of FP so I am hoping the lines there aren't too bad. Musts for us will be:
Jaws, ET, Spiderman, The Seuss section for the kiddos, Disaster, MIB, Simpsons, Curious George, Jurassic Park. I'm not a big fan of Harry Potter, but from what I hear it is all supposed to be amazing and I'd like to see it. And I know my sis and Fiance will want to do the thrill rides, my cousin might do a few with them, he's still little. O and I always go into the Lucy Museum, Im a big fan ;)
My aunt wants to eat there at City Walk after the park closes, she was thinking Margarhattaville (I really can't spell haha). Have you ever been there, if so how is it? Not sure if I should go there, or head back to Disney and eat at DTD @ WolfGang Pucks Express. If we leave @ 7 we probably won't get there til after 8 though. I guess we'll see, maybe play it by ear, something I hate doing hahahaha, I need a PLAN haha.

Hi Jaclyn! :wave2: I saw your post on the CB about the rain yesterday and clicked on over to your PTR. I live off of exit 98 too.:thumbsup2 I am sooo jealous that you are leaving a week and a day before me and my family are headed down. The wait to leave is dragging on that I find myself trying to do something everyday Disney related to make the time go by faster. :earsboy: I am loving you report, keep it coming.

Hi Jaclyn! :wave2: I saw your post on the CB about the rain yesterday and clicked on over to your PTR. I live off of exit 98 too.:thumbsup2 I am sooo jealous that you are leaving a week and a day before me and my family are headed down. The wait to leave is dragging on that I find myself trying to do something everyday Disney related to make the time go by faster. :earsboy: I am loving you report, keep it coming.

Tell me about it, I know the feeling! But it will probably be here before we know it! I am so anxious, I just want to get the suitcase out and start packing, but Scott told me I had to wait a little longer :rolleyes1 haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter