Ging Gang Goolie 2008, 23rd May, Tal-y-Bont On Usk

Girls, the weather here in Cardiff today is worse than yesterday, it hasnt stopped raining all morning and its really windy, it did dry up a bit last night, but was cold, so Im guessing as we are not that far away, it will still be quite nasty there.

Cant wait to hear all about it and see some piccies:thumbsup2

Sounds like you had fun, shame about the bad weather.

Great weekend despite the weather (and me not winning the quizzes!). What's a little rain and wind - we are hardy Brits after all:thumbsup2

A massive thanks to Jules for sorting it::yes::

Great weekend despite the weather (and me not winning the quizzes!). What's a little rain and wind - we are hardy Brits after all:thumbsup2

A massive thanks to Jules for sorting it::yes::

ummm a LITTLE wind and rain? :rotfl2:
glad you got home safely, and yes a HUGE thanks to Jules and Ian for hosting another great GGG - I've got my eye on that GGG cup for next year though!

ummm a LITTLE wind and rain? :rotfl2:
OK a Biblical amount of rain and wind. I must admit I didn't think I could get any wetter than I was Friday when I put our tent up - until taking two down in the driving rain:umbrella:

OK a Biblical amount of rain and wind. I must admit I didn't think I could get any wetter than I was Friday when I put our tent up - until taking two down in the driving rain:umbrella:

:scared1: hope you enjoyed yourselves yesterday !

Thanks Jules for all your hard work :hug:

BIG thanks from Theresa and me to Jules and Ian for organising it and also to the Churchills and Stringers for all their hard work with the cooking etc.:stir:

next year let's have it somewhere warmer, Vegas is nice at this time of year.;)

Seriously, thanks very much guys, it was great fun despite the weather.

:scared1: hope you enjoyed yourselves yesterday !
We had a fab day actually Nat. We made a group decision that we were beaten by the weather and broke camp around 11.30ish. We dismantled the marquees and came back to Tal-y-bont on Churchill for a curry and some drinkies! :thumbsup2

Thanks everyone for coming, we both had a great time, and one thing that none of us could control was the yucky weather. Certainly lots of goings on that I will never forget, in particular the EuroDision, great entries from Glawster, Cornwall, Tetbury, Wales and Fleet, Claire style of voting was very different!, Deb becoming our GGG first official champion, lots of vino, great fun. Thanks Deb and Matt for rescuing us yesterday, we had a lovely day, great bath, great drink, great grand prix, great Indian takeaway and great company, Ian sends apologies for the gas, he blames the curry. I will put together a little trippie probably tomorrow. Also have a few piccies to share and would love to see everyone elses ...

A big thanks to Jules and Ian from us too - for organising GGG2 so well.

We had a fantastic time

Lowlights - the wind on the Saturday - which flattened our borrowed tent - but nothing that a trip to Millets and a credit card didn't fix!!! The torrential rain on Sunday

but this was far outweighed by the .........

Highlights - pretty much everything else - the glorious sunshine on Saturday (inbetween the clouds), the food, the view of the glorious welsh hills from the campsite, the quizzes and without doubt my favourite the Euro Dision song contest on Saturday evening:rotfl2: What a riot - who knew there was such a wealth of talent out there?:rotfl: . Unfortunately our video camera doesn't work too well in the dark - so we have no footage - so no blackmail videos from us this year. I am sure Jules will embellish you with all the details.

Thanks to Deb and Matt for warm baths, comfy beds and a nice hot curry last night when we decided enough was enough - a perfect end to the weekend

Tam

We had a fab day actually Nat. We made a group decision that we were beaten by the weather and broke camp around 11.30ish. We dismantled the marquees and came back to Tal-y-bont on Churchill for a curry and some drinkies! :thumbsup2

Thanks Deb and Matt for rescuing us yesterday, we had a lovely day, great bath, great drink, great grand prix, great Indian takeaway and great company, Ian sends apologies for the gas, he blames the curry. I will put together a little trippie probably tomorrow. Also have a few piccies to share and would love to see everyone elses ...

Thanks to Deb and Matt for warm baths, comfy beds and a nice hot curry last night when we decided enough was enough - a perfect end to the weekend

Tam

:lmao: and there was me feeling sorry for you lot all day yesterday !

can't blame you for bailing out though ;)

I think it's fair to say that GGG2 was a resounding success despite the best attempts of assorted Acts of God (and Manager Mike) to scupper it. Huge kudos to Jules and Ian - I know you must have been tearing your hair out at times during the planning stages, but it was worth all the effort in the end.

Of course, it wouldn't have been anything without willing participants, so thanks to everyone for throwing themselves into it all. EuroDision was definitely a highlight - I can see it becoming an annual fixture. :thumbsup2

The biggest disappointment of the weekend? We forgot to drink Claire's champagne!:scared1: (Now, there's a sentence I never expected to be putting into words.) So sorry you didn't manage to reduce your ever-growing collection, Claire. You'll probably have enough by next year for a bottle each. :rotfl:

Oh, and you'd better start swotting up now, Foy - I'm not going to give up my cup without a fight! :rotfl2:

Oh, and you'd better start swotting up now, Foy - I'm not going to give up my cup without a fight! :rotfl2:

darn, looks like I shall have to take part in a few more quizzes then. that gauntlet is well and truly down! :rotfl2:

seriously folks it was a great weekend, really good to get together with such a wonderful bunch of people (and matt) :worship:

If it's anything like this years that will have to be mud wrestling then.:hyper:

seriously folks it was a great weekend, really good to get together with such a wonderful bunch of people (and matt) :worship:
I don't know how you can be so mean about Matthew, he's only a young boy:confused3 :confused3

I suggest we all make a note of what we spend so that no-one ends up out of pocket.
Without wishing to be a party-pooper, I'm conscious that when I drew up the list, I threw this comment into the hat on the basis that it would be easier to divvy up after the event than try to work out precisely who should bring what based on a guesstimate of the cost. I don't want to make an issue out of this if it's not a big deal to anyone, but similarly I'd hate for anyone to feel that the subject has been conveniently forgotten.

well i don't know about everyone else but I'm very happy to supply the Cornish end of the fayre without any charge, I feel it all worked well with just the divvying for the sat night/sun morn shop we did in Brecon.
its up to everyone else :confused3
although do feel Joh could charge a fortune for her rocky road...

Theresa and I were discussing this on the way home and thought we hadn't contributed as much as everyone else but don't know the best way to rectify it. Any ideas?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter