Gluttony . . . Pure Gluttony. 14 nights food reviews from two little piggies!LAST DAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DW and I thoroughly enjoyed your dining report, but it caused some problems with our dinner this evening. As you'll realize, the thread is (thankfully) very long, and we kept coming back to read more. However, at that same time dinner was simmering on the stove (spaghetti with homemade sauce, which needs to cook for about two hours). However, as we read your report, and details about some of our favorite WDW restaurants, we became less and less hungry! By the time dinner was ready I have to say that we barely wanted to eat!! Perhaps you've discovered a great new dieting concept here? :thumbsup2

All I can say is that we've amazed that you found room for all that food - you've set the proverbial "bar" high for all others! I have only one suggestion for your next trip to WDW - try the Beef Teriyaki Salad at Kona Cafe! It's my new favorite lunch (can't believe that I never tried it before). Combined with one of their fantastic desserts, it's an A+ meal to say the least. :goodvibes

Thanks for all your work on this thread - fantastic!

We just got a Disney tripped booked and started searching for places to eat. We found this board and have been consumed with all the info. I have so enjoyed reading your reviews. I have laughed out loud many times! I got to your 2009 plans and realized our vacation is booked the same week as yours! Maybe we'll have to join you in a binge-fest! We do love to eat!

I just discovered your TR and am loving it!!
Please, I must know where you find the "schoolbread"? I see in Epcot, but where exactly?? That looks so wonderful, I don't want to miss out on it! :)

Hello, its available at the bakery in Norway . . . I think it was called the Kringle Bakery?! Something like that! Apparently its changed now and also has caramel on the top :thumbsup2 Can't wait to try that!!

Great food report - definitely given me some pointers on where to eat!

Thank you! I get to book my meals in a few weeks and I am still changing my mind over where to go!

My DW and I thoroughly enjoyed your dining report, but it caused some problems with our dinner this evening. As you'll realize, the thread is (thankfully) very long, and we kept coming back to read more. However, at that same time dinner was simmering on the stove (spaghetti with homemade sauce, which needs to cook for about two hours). However, as we read your report, and details about some of our favorite WDW restaurants, we became less and less hungry! By the time dinner was ready I have to say that we barely wanted to eat!! Perhaps you've discovered a great new dieting concept here? :thumbsup2

All I can say is that we've amazed that you found room for all that food - you've set the proverbial "bar" high for all others! I have only one suggestion for your next trip to WDW - try the Beef Teriyaki Salad at Kona Cafe! It's my new favorite lunch (can't believe that I never tried it before). Combined with one of their fantastic desserts, it's an A+ meal to say the least. :goodvibes

Thanks for all your work on this thread - fantastic!

Sorry your dinner was ruined!! Maybe I need to re-read this thread then and it will help me with my diet!!!!:rotfl2: (something needs to after Christmas!).
We are thinking of trying Kona for lunch, so will look our for the salad thanks!! I want to go there to try the chocolate dessert I keep seeing pictures of! Yum!!

We just got a Disney tripped booked and started searching for places to eat. We found this board and have been consumed with all the info. I have so enjoyed reading your reviews. I have laughed out loud many times! I got to your 2009 plans and realized our vacation is booked the same week as yours! Maybe we'll have to join you in a binge-fest! We do love to eat!

:welcome: Welcome to the boards!!! There is SO much info! And everything always looks so good, in a way it makes it harder to choose!! Thats why we just ate everything!!!!1:rotfl:

Where are you staying on the trip? On site? You will recognise us, we walk in to restaurants but have to be rolled out on our tums!!!

Thanks for the welcome. I am finding lots of info. I've been to Disney quite a few times with family, but we usually eat always at the same places. We are staying at Old Key West. My grandparents are DVC owners and may sell this year, so my husband and I are taking advantage of one last time of free room. This is our first time to go by ourselves though, so we want to try some new restaurants, along with some of my favorites for "tradition". I'm still trying to get my schedule worked out. I really wish that the magic hours and show schedules would post for that week. Do you know when they post?

I just found this and it is a great report! I look forward to reading about your next adventure. Would you mind to share a link of your Pre-Trip?

Enjoy this next trip. I am anxiously awaiting for DD and baby #2 to be older so we can go back!

Thanks for the welcome. I am finding lots of info. I've been to Disney quite a few times with family, but we usually eat always at the same places. We are staying at Old Key West. My grandparents are DVC owners and may sell this year, so my husband and I are taking advantage of one last time of free room. This is our first time to go by ourselves though, so we want to try some new restaurants, along with some of my favorites for "tradition". I'm still trying to get my schedule worked out. I really wish that the magic hours and show schedules would post for that week. Do you know when they post?

NO!! It is majorly annoying me now! I even emailed the Mums Panel the other day but they have no idea when the hours will be released!

Oh a free room - you lucky thing! OKW looks beautiful in the pictures I've seen!

I just found this and it is a great report! I look forward to reading about your next adventure. Would you mind to share a link of your Pre-Trip?

Enjoy this next trip. I am anxiously awaiting for DD and baby #2 to be older so we can go back!

I'm not actually doing a pre-trip . .. can you do them for food? Maybe I could . . . hmm!!

I'm in a major sulk about planning anyway as the park hours haven't been released! I so want to get my days sorted in my head!! I feel stuck at the minute! So many hours being wasted at my desk at work actually working, when I could be planning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have idea if when they will be posting schedules. Hopefully you will enjoy you trip. So, where you planning to stay?

Have a safe trip. :)

I've just found your reviews - how on earth did I manage to miss these? :confused3 I'm only half way through, but am now so hungry, I'm feeling light-headed so I'm off to the kitchen to grab me an early lunch. :laughing:

I've always wanted to go to Scotland to try a deep fried mars bar, but its put me off!!

It's a shame, but 1 or 2 chippies offered these a few years back, it hit the news, and now the rest of the world thinks we live on fried mars bars! :lmao: I've never had one myself (none of our local chippies ever offered them) but I like my mars bars "normal" thank you very much! :goodvibes

You should to venture over to Raleigh, NC sometime during the statefair in October. They have all sorts of deep fried concotions: candy bars, Coke, hamburgers, and my favorite Oreos.

Now, I just have to ask - how can Coke be deep-fried? :confused: That I would try just so I could brag about it! :rotfl:

I promise to finish reading the rest of your reviews today - after I've supressed my hunger. ;)

Just found your review today and I read it all! I love your writing style. You had me at Hello. I have felt full all day from just reading. I must try a sundae at B&C now, they look to die for!

Now, I just have to ask - how can Coke be deep-fried? :confused: That I would try just so I could brag about it! :rotfl:

I'm not the person who posted about it, and I've never had deep fried Coke, but here's a description of it from Wikipedia-

Fried Coke is frozen Coca-Cola-flavored batter which is deep-fried and then topped with Coca-Cola syrup, whipped cream, cinnamon sugar, and a cherry. It was introduced by inventor Abel Gonzales, Jr., at the 2006 State Fair of Texas, where it won the title of "Most Creative" in the second annual judged competition among food vendors.[1][2] It proved very popular in Texas, selling 10,000 cups in the first two weeks, and is now being adopted as a snack by fairs in North Carolina, Virginia, as well as, Arizona. It is also very popular in California.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fried_Coke

The article went on to say how many calories per serving, but trust me, you don't want to know! :lmao: If you follow the link to the article, you can see a photo of it.

Found your report and loving it. I just finished up page 12, so stil la long ways to go.
I can't beleive how small you are and how much you eat. Wow! And did you guys do any parks? LOL! It looks like it is a tour of resturants. :rotfl2:
I see you didn't like Busch Gardens? I haven't been there in years, but liked it then. What didn't you like?
As for the KFC, I laughed at your review. We get KFC becuase it is so dry. LOL! We love the dry and crispy tatse of it. DH always syas the drier the better. And I don't think they serve any fries at ones in the US. They usually have mash potatoes and coleslaw as the sides for it. YUM! It seems like when we went to Canada one time though, they had different sides, maybe fires with cheese or something? Not as good though.

.....Definitely the best I have read!

You've given me loads of inspiration for our 17 night trip at the end of May.

Another place you may want to try if you haven't already is Wolfgang Puck express. Their food is really good too and the prices aren't bad either.

Well done again.:cool1:

Just wanted to say that this is by far the best and most entertaining dining review I have ever read. I actually read it last year and then wanted to read it again recently as we are planning our own trip for June, and I couldn't find it again for the longest time and then finally found it (I remembered that you had gone to Golden Corral and I actually did a search for that). I love your ratings of every single food item and the great pictures. Without the pictures, I never would have believed that you actually ate all of that food! I can't imagine putting away anything close to that amount, but enjoyed hearing about your adventures.

The only thing I was surprised about is that you did not love the desserts at Boma. Those are my absolute favorites and we always try to eat at Boma twice on every trip. Well, to each his own! Looking forward to hearing about your trip in May.

I loved your report the first time through, but I just reviewed as I have been in the midst of making my dining ressies for May. I know one thing... I have to get one of those cookie bars...they look SO good!
Are you eating at Palos during your cruise?

Found your report and loving it. I just finished up page 12, so stil la long ways to go.
I can't beleive how small you are and how much you eat. Wow! And did you guys do any parks? LOL! It looks like it is a tour of resturants. :rotfl2:

There are parks there?!!! :confused3 :rotfl2:

.....Definitely the best I have read!

You've given me loads of inspiration for our 17 night trip at the end of May.

Another place you may want to try if you haven't already is Wolfgang Puck express. Their food is really good too and the prices aren't bad either.

Well done again.:cool1:

Thank you so much! We are going to try WGP for lunch and breakfast because I have seen so many good things about it! Have fun on your trip - have you made your ADR's?

Just wanted to say that this is by far the best and most entertaining dining review I have ever read. I actually read it last year and then wanted to read it again recently as we are planning our own trip for June, and I couldn't find it again for the longest time and then finally found it (I remembered that you had gone to Golden Corral and I actually did a search for that). I love your ratings of every single food item and the great pictures. Without the pictures, I never would have believed that you actually ate all of that food! I can't imagine putting away anything close to that amount, but enjoyed hearing about your adventures.

The only thing I was surprised about is that you did not love the desserts at Boma. Those are my absolute favorites and we always try to eat at Boma twice on every trip. Well, to each his own! Looking forward to hearing about your trip in May.

Thank you for the compliments!! We are torn between returning to either Boma or Trails End in May so I may get a chance to re-try them!

I loved your report the first time through, but I just reviewed as I have been in the midst of making my dining ressies for May. I know one thing... I have to get one of those cookie bars...they look SO good!
Are you eating at Palos during your cruise?

Oh - where have you made ADR's for? We may be at similar places!

Yes we have booked dinner at Palo because I must try the chocolate souffle! I am going to try book a brunch as well, but at the minute its fully booked.

And EXCELLENT news - TG agreed to upgrade our hotel last week to Port Orleans Riverside - this year I am even closer to the magic cookie bars!! I figure that means one each day for breakfast is acceptable?!!!!

i'm late and only on page 15 but i'm subbing so i can read more later!

Hello, welcome and enjoy!!:goodvibes

WOW ... that is all I can say. I just read this and was like OMG that is alot of food, lol.

I am definatly adding Earl of Sandwich to my list!!

Just to let you know I read your report last summer before my first SOLO trip in Sept. to Port Orleans Riverside. I took copious notes of the pics and page numbers, so I could refer back.
The main things I did, per your advice, was try Beaches and Cream (been there twice now - LOVE the burgers, and your use of the word "squidgy"!), Earl of Sandwich (I'm addicted to the tuna melt), Crystal Palace for breakfast, and finally tried the Magic Cookie Bar last month. I'll check out Chef Mickey's for dinner, and the beignets next month when we stay at POFQ for the first time.
I'm re-reading today, as I have a couple weekend jaunts planned, but am most looking forward to my second solo trip in Sept., again to POR. Then, I can do what I want without having to worry about an extremely picky 10 yr old. Gonna try Chefs de France then. Gotta research some others.
When are you coming back?

Jeani

signing on very late in the game! But i am subscribing! we're going very soon and I need some new ideas for good eats with a baby this time around...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter