Goodbye Wishes! Hello Happily Ever After!

Tons will be. Check Facebook, periscope, and YouTube.
Hmm, I guess I'll peruse Periscope or YouTube later, but I don't find either of those easy to search at all (especially YouTube live). I was hoping someone would have a specific channel that they know is doing it.

Hmm, I guess I'll peruse Periscope or YouTube later, but I don't find either of those easy to search at all (especially YouTube live). I was hoping someone would have a specific channel that they know is doing it.
WDWNT, Attractions, and various other non bloggers are doing it. On periscope it's pretty easy to search. Streaming Disney will be live streaming it too.

The full "Happily Ever After" song is now available to purchase on iTunes, though it's a little different. I bought it blindly expecting it to be the same version we've heard in the previews, and the vocals are the same, but they re-orchestrated it to be a pop/country song. Very Taylor Swift. Still a nice preview of what we'll hear tonight, I'm excited to hear the real version.

Last edited:
The full "Happily Ever After" song is now available to purchase on iTunes, though it's a little different. I bought it blindly expecting it to be the same version we've heard in the previews, and the vocals are the same, but they re-orchestrated it to be a pop/country song. Very Taylor Swift. Still a nice preview of what we'll hear tonight, I'm excited to hear the real version.

Yeah, it's more of a single "pop" version. Here it is on youtube and vevo if you want a listen:

http://vevo.ly/VAIgd6

If you want to purchase:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/happily-ever-after-full-version-single/id1232339398

Last edited:
Love the lyrics "every wish finally put into motion" ... Would love to know if Disney purposefully put that throwback to Wishes.

Just watched the livestream....I loved Wishes, but this show is amazing! The projection quality blew me away, I hardly paid attention to the fireworks...and the full chorus in the finale was so good!

The chorus as the end is wonderful. As for the fireworks, i thought they were great - definitely did not live up to the fears of them cutting back on them or anything

The chorus as the end is wonderful. As for the fireworks, i thought they were great - definitely did not live up to the fears of them cutting back on them or anything
Agreed. Hard to measure on the tube. It seemed that the pyro was not as constant as with Wishes but was certainly more intense during certain moments.

Agreed. Hard to measure on the tube. It seemed that the pyro was not as constant as with Wishes but was certainly more intense during certain moments.

though, it is hard to tell with how zoomed in the camera was at time - it felt like we were missing a lot of the fireworks at time - definitely want to see it in person to make a final call though ;)

though, it is hard to tell with how zoomed in the camera was at time - it felt like we were missing a lot of the fireworks at time - definitely want to see it in person to make a final call though ;)
I totally agree.

The full song is the goodbye music.

Fufjgu yduf jgufudufu hfufuf. Best night show ever any property........

Change your anniversary plans see it in the park

I have a feeling they reduced the pyro to save money and put that money into the projection system(s). The pyro effects are now second where they once were first for all of us old timers. With the high demand of video everywhere and the "youngers" short attention spans, I have a feeling that was the plan. Again, this is only an evaluation from the live stream only. The reduction of pyro would be great for their corporate citizenship as well as the AQMD would be pleased.

I have a feeling they reduced the pyro to save money and put that money into the projection system(s). The pyro effects are now second where they once were first for all of us old timers. With the high demand of video everywhere and the "youngers" short attention spans, I have a feeling that was the plan. Again, this is only an evaluation from the live stream only. The reduction of pyro would be great for their corporate citizenship as well as the AQMD would be pleased.
I don't see any evidence of reduction. More of a concentrated approach rather than a random display of fireworks. The projections only add visual and conceptional perspective in my view.

I watched tonight from my Poly TPV room. Any fears I had of the out-of-park viewing experience being diminished were misguided. Tons of pyro! I'm a big Wishes fan and was bummed about the change, but I liked it. DS was totally into parts like Moana which he can directly relate to (he's six). I'm sure that's Disney's goal, if so it worked.

Some not very good photos....
IMG_9029.JPG IMG_9138.JPG IMG_9218.JPG IMG_9035.JPG IMG_9040.JPG

I watched tonight from my Poly TPV room. Any fears I had of the out-of-park viewing experience being diminished were misguided. Tons of pyro! I'm a big Wishes fan and was bummed about the change, but I liked it. DS was totally into parts like Moana which he can directly relate to (he's six). I'm sure that's Disney's goal, if so it worked.

Some not very good photos....
View attachment 236918 View attachment 236919 View attachment 236920 View attachment 236921 View attachment 236922
Interesting perspective as this was a major fear with the change over. Awesome experience to be there.

Interesting perspective as this was a major fear with the change over. Awesome experience to be there.

Yeah, as a frequent TPV resort person I was a bit freaked. But it was just as good IMHO. A few moments where you don't quite know what's going on with the storyline in between segments, but nothing major. Wishes had some pauses too.

I still come back to the pyro - just tons of it in lots of interesting uses and configurations. The use of lights/lasers was pretty minimal, far less than what I had assumed.

My room was close enough to the main crowd at the beach - lots of clapping/cheers during certain segments and at the end.

Fyi, its a very high in the sky show... lots of near castle high altitude. Towers added with hub expansion also have projections... great use of lasers hitting the castle. Trees glow and these tiny rapid firefly lights.

Its a wider high alt similar to holiday but no 180, just wider....

Almoat home to see what my 360 footage looks like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter