Guilty!

I'm voting for Motherfletcher's "princess" pic to be his avator. Too funny!! This is a must see. Sounds like a really fun time for people like us who will humiliate ourselves and not care.:rotfl:
I, personally feel Motherfletcher is avoiding meeting my family. Every year for 20 years we are there at the end of June. Now You decide to go THEN!!!:confused3 when we go in early June.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I just have to see that pic motherfletcher....don't pass out yes i am still alive and well!!!!!!!!

paging mother fletcher.........paging mother fletcher.........

time to come home now.............

I went to the Dis boards for info and found a thread that had 28 pagespopcorn:: Half of the posts are quotes of an entire previous post with only a smilie waving. Most have so much stuff at the bottom that your not sure if it's in the post until you see it all later with a little smilie. Some are so sweet that I was concerned that I might have diabetes from just reading them. It sure makes me appreciate all ya'll on the Universal boards!:grouphug:

:wave2:

When it's cold here it's the Tundra in Orlando! Low 40's? I was talking about disecting Mickey earlier but we might really have to so we can crawl into the carcass to warm up. I hope AKL will let me upgrade to the frozen animal view.
Here's the plan- I'm going to wear all Universal stuff and ask CM's where Dr. Doom is and even pay my AKL bill with a Scooby Do check.

:lmao:

;)

princess: pirate: party: ;) ?

Ya'll are too funny! I saw Mickey's human eyes and while I was under the spell Goofy tipped me over and pounded pixie dust up my butt!
It's been hectic since we got home. My boss is on this kick where he thinks I should work every day and my wife has got me working night and day to prepare for a garage sale. I told her to throw everything away but she and the kids are convinced that we are going to make millions!
It was just me and Bob on this trip. Roxy raised one F to a D but managed to drag another D down to an F. She got a referral for chewing gum and got kicked off the bus for several crimes against humanity. She'll be lucky if she sees Orlando again.
Bob wasn't able to get even an hour off so we could leave early and try to avoid peak hour Friday traffic. Interstate 75 is getting really bad. We had 4 occasions where it turned into a parking lot with the most interesting being where a light plane had made an emergency landing and was still sitting in the median. The normal 3 hour trip took over 4.
When we checked in at AKL I asked if an upgrade was available because the pool view would be pretty boring as cold as it was. She said no and gave us keys sending us down to the very end of the Giraffe Trail. When we opened the room I went out on to the balcony to try to see the "pool view" and I heard Bob telling someone at the door that our room was OK. I would have asked her to point out the pool but it didn't matter much. We hustled to the bus stop and made it to MK at 8.
They put wristbands on us and I had to ask a CM for a booty bag (a tiny velvet bag to collect chocolates and beads). She whispered that "booty bag" sounded kind of bad. I wasn't sure how to be PC so I said, "Arrgh, Prepare to be boarded!" The party was in full swing. We made our way toward Tomorrowland and saw that the old Alien Encounter, now Stitch, was closed. We haven't seen the Stitch thing so I was a little disappointed and that grew when we saw Buzz wasn't open! I hadn't told my son yet that I was going to ride Space Mt. for the first time so he was real excited when we entered. It was a walk on and Bob got in front then me and the third seat was taken by a little girl that screamed the entire ride. All in all the ride was lame. We left TL for Fanastyland and was strangely drawn to Small World. The boats all bunched up and we got stuck in there and I was sure that I was witnessing Hell. I almost disembarked (WDW is the only place on earth that one "disembarks") and waded out. Getting out of there was a sign to leave FL so we headed to Haunted Mansion which had a breakdown as well. We headed down to Adventureland to visit the Pirates and got sidetracked by the Hook and Smee characters. Hook was the only one who pointed out my IOA Lost Continent coat. The fireworks started so we headed up by Jungle Cruise (closed) to watch. The fireworks were good and lasted longer than I had remembered. When they started the grand finally we beelined to POTC because that was the only ride that seemed to have a queue. We walked on. They have updated the ride and my son wasn't sure if he liked it as well. I thought it was OK.
We then made our way to Main Street and on the way I stopped to get beads at one of the booty stops. They were the cheapest things I've ever seen. They just barely made it over my big head and they just gave you one. We stopped at the counter service that sells hot dogs where the CM's dress like baseball players. For dessert we move across the street to the bakery where we got the best deal of the night. I don't think its on the menu board but they sell ice cream sandwiches made out of chocolate chip cookies and 2 scoops of hard vanilla for $3.50. We walked out of the bakery to the beginning of the 10:30 parade and it was the first time ever where we could just sit on the curb without waiting there for an hour.
After the parade we wandered back to TL and Buzz was open so we did it 3 or 4 times since there was no line. I smoked Bob every time. The target behind the robot's hand was the difference. We rode Wedway or TTA or what ever they call it now until I finally got an old man to give me 5 from the oncoming train. Stitch was open so we sat through that lame attraction. We never made it to Toontown cause that's the way we roll. About 12:30 we caught a nearly empty bus back to AKL.
In the morning Bob spent several hours complaining about my snoring and we didn't make it to Universal until nearly noon. We had to park on the top deck. We went to the Studios and it wasn't very busy. We walked back to MIB and did it a few "walk on" times. We didn't get close to all 9's but I beat Bob and the other car every time. We hit BJ and Horror MakeUp before hunger took over and we went to Bubba Gump's. I had the bucket of boat trash and for desert I had the Alabama Mud Slide. It was 3" thick and about 5" in diameter made up of chocolate and vanilla ice cream with an Oreo crust. Awesome!
On the way out of town Bob wanted to stop at DD which was packed. It was a pretty good vacation because Bob and I always find things to laugh about. Bob drove home and came about a foot away from hitting a pedestrian who's car was broke down. Much more heart stopping than any threill ride. It only took about 3 nights to recover from the weekend. I better get back to the garage sale work or I'll never see Orlando again.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Glad to hear you made it back and had a good weekend!
We were in IOA that Sat - great day! - walked onto everything with FOTL - aside from being too cold to swim (though there were some hardy souls in the pool), we decided we love touring in 60 degree weather - and the folks back home in the teens didn't want to hear any whining anyway. We spent Sunday at USF - another awesome day - DNeph actually opened his eyes on Mummy for the first time (he does this one just for me) - he got picked to be in FF - he loved that. We went to AKL on Mon and got upgraded to sav view (made up - well, not really - for not getting our guaranteed suite upgrade at RPR :mad: - apparently DNeph thinks I snore, too, and likes to have a door to close - he was also complaining in the morning!)- we had a blast at P&P party - closed the park down and we were the only ones on the AKL bus - rode POTC just before 12:30 and we were completely alone on the entire ride - cool feeling. I think I'm going to make this my new escape week for FL - already planning to book my DVC points for next year and take my little granddaughter.
My youngest was always great at getting kicked off the school bus, too - good thing he's grown out of that phase - he's lucky to be alive! :laughing:

Sounds like a very adventurous trip! I agree that Stitch is totally lame. We hadn't seen it either, and were suckered by a 20 minute posted wait time that turned into an hour. We wanted an hour and a half of our lives back after that. Plus, I'm with you. Space Mountain sucks. I hate roller coasters where you don't even need to hold on, and you can just lean back in the coaster and hope you don't fall asleep by the end of the ride.

and got upgraded to sav view (made up - well, not really - for not getting our guaranteed suite upgrade at RPR :mad: - QUOTE]

Ya'll probably got the upgrade because it was Mon.? Congrats! What's the deal with RPR? I have friend that used to work in Admin. for USF and she was going up for a night and called her friend who is thier HR VP and he was going to try and set her up at "Bali". That's what they called it before it was built. He got her tickets to the park but couldn't get the GM for a room. She paid $224 with Florida resident rates. She let them know about several things that didn't add up to much on the on-line checkout poll and about 2 weeks later got a certificate for half off the FLO rate. RPR has slipped from my fave after my last stay.
The only bad thing about the week is that it can get cold.

motherfletcher, welcome back home.

we were about to send out the search party for you !!!

glad you had a fun trip

Yeah, what **IS** the deal with RPR lately? They have had a tremendous turnover within the last few months. Everyone who is anyone seems to be bailing. When we were there in December, I asked who the Loews First contact was, and there wasn't one? :confused3 Then I asked who had taken over for Dale McDaniel, and the person I spoke with mentioned a name that wasn't familiar to me at all. And, this person also mentioned that the in-charge didn't want to be in-charge at all and was looking to get rid of the responsibility. Anyway, once the person who always took such great care of us at the RPR also left in the mass exodus, we opted to switch our May ressies to try the HRH. I lobbied for PBH, but Mike liked the rooms better at HRH. We'll see!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter