Half the price to fly into Houston International?

darnheather

DIS Veteran
Looking at airfares and it is $350 round trip into Houston International and $745 into Hobby for my Christmas cruise. Are prices into Hobby going to come down or should I just book into Houston? I can't imagine the price to get to Galveston making up the difference for even one of the two tickets I need to buy.

I thought Southwest only flew to Hobby. Most of the other major airlines only flew into Houston Bush. Depends on what airline you want to fly.

I thought Southwest only flew to Hobby. Most of the other major airlines only flew into Houston Bush. Depends on what airline you want to fly.
Their prices are already high as I booked the cruise late. Currently $1,424.92. Even worse than the usual airlines.

Houston International is a much bigger airport, and that usually equates to lower prices. No, you shouldn't wait and hope for little Hobby to get cheaper.
Don't rule out Hobby. Been flying to the Houston area to visit my FIL for 40 years and we fly into Bush, Hobby and on occasion Beaumont- Port Arthur. Hobby usually has a slight edge over Bush.....right now it's $70 a person cheaper each way. Beaumont-Port Arthur used to offer airlines incentives to fly there (changing planes in Dallas) and for many years that was cheaper than Houston or Hobby. But that is too far east for OP.

Fly into IAH if it’s cheaper. It will be further to get to Galveston but worth the prices savings. I live in Houston and will fly out of whichever airport has the cheapest flight.

We did DCL transfers from IAH for I believe under $40 round-trip pp? We had a private SUV transfer from IAH and a bus back. Worked out great! Save your $$ and fly to IAH!

Fly into IAH if it’s cheaper. It will be further to get to Galveston but worth the prices savings. I live in Houston and will fly out of whichever airport has the cheapest flight.
I agree, price shop airports first. For us flying into and out of IAH added 60 miles roundtrip to our ground travel to get to my FILs so Hobby was preferred distance wise. And we went every year from the time our kids were two years old, so cutting the travel time had some value too. We could just hop on Interstate 10 from Hobby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter