Has Anyone Ever Encountered Theft or any type of Crime...

[/QUOTE]someone had stole his toy that he bought with his own money[/QUOTE]

That's just rotten. I'm planning on buying few things in the parks because I have bad luck when it comes to things stolen( we JUST had our house robbed). I bought a gift basket for the kids and I might buy them little stuff I can shove in a backpack. I'm also taking an aroung the neck type pouch so I won't need to have a purse. I'm also just bringing cedit cards and travilers checks because they are replaced if they do get stolen most banks wont cover debit and cash is just plain riskey.

I wouldn't feel safe leaving my room unlocked. An experienced thief could always break into the safe.

Allow me to be extremely paranoid for a minute...

Even if no one was able to steal anything, what about the possibility that someone could hide in your room and wait for you to get back? I know it's not likely to happen, but there's always that slim chance, ya know? There's some really weird people out there...

My son had his wallet stolen last year. We were in the Lego Store at Downtown Disney. He had saved his money for a year and had about
$120.00. He was shopping and picked out several things. My dh was sitting on the counter near the pick a brick wall helping ds2 stuff his container with legos. My ds1 put his things down next to his dad and put his wallet on top.
He didn't tell either of us the he was putting his wallet there. When he turned around his wallet was gone. It just took a second. He learned a hard lesson that night. Of course we came to the rescue and got him his things, but it was still so hard for him. His wallet was found and mailed to us after we came home. All that was left in it was his scout id card.

It was a tough lesson to learn, but he learned it well and has been very careful since then, and so have his brothers.

We had planned to leave cash and travellers cheques in our room safe at AKL... is this not a good idea??!?!

Sigh, this still makes me tear up. Last year at Epcot, my camera was taken from the after ride area at figment. My sons and I were sending postcards home from three different stands. So we were all kind of going back and forth. Camera was put on top and when I was done, it was gone. Please please please learn from my mistake and use smaller memory cards, or print pictures out nightly. A 9day trip including P&P party, birthday celebrations, etc all on one card. THe only thing that saved us was the photo pass. All week we were going crazy having them take our pictures, without a real thought to actually buying them. Well for a little over $100 I still have some good memories. But oh how I wish I had my own memory card. Now I am sad again.

Years ago, I was in EPCOT near and they had sterling silver rings outside in these kiosks. I was looking at them and a guy picked up a ring, looked around and put it in his pocket.

I told the CM there, but he did not follow up.

Kind of OT, when I was a kid my parents went on kids 'free vacation' and were killed in a motorcycle accident. (sucks-but my life is good now) They had on them their camcorder that recorded their vacation. Some one stole the camcorder from the accident scene, the police said they couldn't find any of it's pieces - though they found the pieces for their other camera. And they put in requests at the local pawn shops hoping to find it. They really felt bad for us kids. I've learned that location and situation won't stop thieves.

Posted by Melancholywings
Kind of OT, when I was a kid my parents went on kids 'free vacation' and were killed in a motorcycle accident. (sucks-but my life is good now) They had on them their camcorder that recorded their vacation. Some one stole the camcorder from the accident scene, the police said they couldn't find any of it's pieces - though they found the pieces for their other camera. And they put in requests at the local pawn shops hoping to find it. They really felt bad for us kids. I've learned that location and situation won't stop thieves.

Wow. I think you might need a :grouphug:

It didn't happen in the world but Kissimee. Last June (07) we went for breakfast in Perkins on the 192 (next to camping world) and the waitress told us that we were lucky to get in as the police tape had just been taken down and the camera crews had just left. :scared1: :scared1:

Apparently there had been a shooting nearby!!

The couple that got "Kidnapped" - that happened during the same vacation - it was extremeley suspicious! But i noticed that it didn't seem to change the level of awareness at WDW at all - people were still fairly oblivious

Moving this one to the ThemeParks Community Board.

Thanks

I paid to see Hoop Dee Doo.

It could be worse, you could have paid to see the Luau :scared1:

Last time I was at Citywalk, a guy ran by and grabbed a woman's purse. Citywalk security was nearby, and we watched them chase and tackle the guy. No harm done, but made for some good entertainment :laughing:

I really don't think, in my humble opinion, my post should have been moved to the "Theme Park Community" board since this forum talks mostly about games, photo's and other fun things. I think my thread was a serious post about what were people's experience was regarding any type of theft or crime within all the theme parks.

Is there any way you can move it back to where it originated?

Thank you Canadian Guy.

Brunette:flower3:

I haven't at Disney World but I had a sweatshirt stolen out of our stroller at Disneyland years ago. I left it in the stroller while we went on a ride and when we came back it was gone.

It could be worse, you could have paid to see the Luau :scared1:

Last time I was at Citywalk, a guy ran by and grabbed a woman's purse. Citywalk security was nearby, and we watched them chase and tackle the guy. No harm done, but made for some good entertainment :laughing:

Says the guy with the stealing bird in his sig ;)

Wow. I think you might need a :grouphug:

Thank you^^ I was afraid I was going to kill this thread.

On a lighter note our first trip to DL at an offsite good neighbor hotel came with a late night parking lot gang fight, complete with LA choper fly over and spot lights. My whole family slept through it but me - I got the full LA experience on that Disney trip.

nothin big for me
stroller stolen, only items lost were bag with chips water ten bucksmaps and time guides. stroller was rented. it was stolen at the mexico pavillian

Just 3 weeks ago we left our resort mugs in the back of our rental stroller while we rode Splash Mountain and somebody stole one. I hope Karma bit them because the one taken was my dd"s. She just had the flu the day before. :lmao:

My GF had her hat stolen from Sounds Dangerous at DHS last Tuesday. She left it on the seat next to her when she put on her headphones and forgot it when we left the theater. It never made its way to Lost and Found.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter