Has anyone had bad experience at DLR with another guest?

spazzyjazzy

RUFF! RUFF!
We had two bad experiences this last visit.
My son and I were in line for Monsters Inc and this man and his family cut in front of me and another family when we were entering the ride. The lady in the family in front of me said something to her husband about the family cutting and the "cutter" just went off and got all crazy. We ignored him and moved on with our lives.
The second thing that happened was on Friday we were on Space Mountain already seated and waiting to go in the tunnel. We were underneath the area where people are waiting above you and then my DH feels something on his arm and it is the hugest loogey. :sad2: :eek: Someone spit on him. We could not believe it. He told a castmember about it on the ride and all he said was ok. Husband got upset after that and I told him to calm down because without knowing who spit on him that the castmember could not do anything about it.

Geez some people...

Wow. That is terrible! Your poor husband... but it could have been worse. When I read your post I thought you meant there was a (Gross) big booger on his arm! Some people dont care what example they set for their kids I guess. My family didnt have anything like that really, there always seems to be someone who wants to try to get in front of you. Somedays I let it go, and some days I would make direct eye contact and say, oops. sorry, excuse us. And I would use that stroller to recreate my path! It worked, but I never came up against a crazy person. Sorry this happened to you. I dont think its the norm at all.

It happens all too often. Yes, when you go to a Disney park, you should be checking your reality at the gate, but a lot of people check their manners and common sense there, too (if they had any to begin with).

I always wish when something like that happens that I had a clever retort, but I'm one of those people who is instead dumbstruck at the rudeness.

DH, however, has no trouble addressing a problem head on. And I don't know why, but a lot of people think he's a cop, he must give off this air of authority. It's caused more than one weasel to slither back to their hole. :lmao:

I can't believe someone would spit on your son like that! That's really gross! It just shows you what type of character that person has: ZERO! I'm sorry to hear that happend. Blech!

Alex2kMommy said:
DH, however, has no trouble addressing a problem head on. And I don't know why, but a lot of people think he's a cop, he must give off this air of authority. It's caused more than one weasel to slither back to their hole. :lmao:

LOL!!!! I know how you feel! I think I'm too polite sometimes (my boyfriend too) and we just let things go. I think I'm more assertive than he is but still, I don't know what to say. :confused:

Invariably when I visit Disneyland, parents allows their kids to kick the back of my shoes while waiting in line at Splash Mountain, Space Mountain or Pirates of the Caribbean.

Years ago, this one kid kept on kicking me. I asked him politely, "please stop kicking me". He kept that up so I sternly told him, "Look! Stay 2 feet away from me". I know his parents heard me. This kid was not autistic nor mentally challenged.

I told my friends and family, "the next time this kid kicks me, I am going to make sure he doesn't do it again!"

Well, a short time later, he kicks me again. So I lifted my left foot up and squashed the kid's toes and left it there like I accidentally stepped back and stepped on his toe. I didn't apologize too. I heard the parents call me a name that is synonymous with a donkey's rear end but they had the opportunity to tell their kid to stop it and they didn't.

OCSurfCity said:
Invariably when I visit Disneyland, parents allows their kids to kick the back of my shoes while waiting in line at Splash Mountain, Space Mountain or Pirates of the Caribbean.

Years ago, this one kid kept on kicking me. I asked him politely, "please stop kicking me". He kept that up so I sternly told him, "Look! Stay 2 feet away from me". I know his parents heard me. This kid was not autistic nor mentally challenged.

I told my friends and family, "the next time this kid kicks me, I am going to make sure he doesn't do it again!"

Well, a short time later, he kicks me again. So I lifted my left foot up and squashed the kid's toes and left it there like I accidentally stepped back and stepped on his toe. I didn't apologize too. I heard the parents call me a name that is synonymous with a donkey's rear end but they had the opportunity to tell their kid to stop it and they didn't.

Unbelieveable! Their kid was being obnoxious, you asked nicely for him to stop, the parents ignored it all and then had the nerve to call you a name for stopping the kid? :eek: I would have wanted to do what you did, but probably would have been too afraid - I've had too many run-ins with rude people where I live.

Nothing major has happened to us. Just the usual getting kicked in the back while waiting on the curb for the parade and getting bumped or cut in front of while waiting for fireworks/fantasmic. As far as getting kicked, usually a glare at the kid, and then at the parent resolves this issue. If we get bumped while waiting for fireworks, I just exaggerate like I got shoved by an offensive lineman, glare at who bumped me, and they give me a bunch of extra space. When people cut in front of us, I just ridicule the person in front of us, usually saying how I can't see anything because of a big head. They usually don't move, but my girlfriend and I have a good laugh when we notice they kind of try to duck, or they touch their head because they become self-conscious.

This past April we were at MTTM (on my DS's 5th bday) and we were gathering 3 chairs to sit and watch the dedication ceremony when this crazed woman ripped my sons chair from beneath him and he crashed on the to cement. This is after we had been seated for 2-3minutes -- THEN she had the guts to say that HE was blocking HER view!!!! His head barely comes to the top of the chair!!!!! :confused3
I just looked at her and explained that he was 5 and you do not treat children like that -- she should have said something to me and I would have taken care of it. The worst of all she started cussing like a sailor -- in front of her kids as well as ALL the other children -- people just looked at her (lol including her husband!!!) like she was possessed!!! :crazy:

Funny thing ... about a minute later the ceremonies were about to start and the CM doing the MC on the ceremony noticed the whole thing and he made my son go up to the front and had the entire audience sing Happy Birthday to him!!!! :cool1:

When we left I told her to have a "Happy day elsewhere because Disneyland was for "happy" people and maybe she needed to reflect where she was and who was around her before she shot off her foul mouth!!! :banana:

Heidi

HEY!!!! Those were MY KIDS TOES you were stepping on that day!!!!

OK. Just kidding. :rotfl:

I cant stand it when the parents dont take responsability. BUT that happens right here in my home town... I certainly dont have to travel to DL to find a couple of idiots who have reproduced.

OCSurfCity said:

There have been times where my feet have been run over by someone's stroller. It's really annoying and most of the time the parent just laughs or they smile like it's no big deal. I am so tempted to grab their stroller and run it over their feet! :moped:

I can't believe that kid continued to kick you. That's just as bad as someone kicking the back of your seat non-stop in the movie theatre or on an airplane.

Being a weekly visitor, I encounter more than my fair share of "brain dead" DL.
One evening we were leaving the park after fireworks along with the throngs of other folks and this woman and her son literally jumped in front of my stroller (now I am a pretty cautious stroller driver, in fact I don't let my DH drive it because he always runs someones ankles over) to cross infront of me and I didn't stop in time, running into her ankles. Well she lashed out at me saying "Thanks alot for breaking my ankles... you ruined my day, blah, blah, blah... I just stood there with my mouth open..... :scared: and this guy behind me tells her, "Hey lady, I bet you blame cars who run you over after you J-walk!" "Break em again, break em again" And she just huffed right off. Some people just make me... :furious:

being-dragged-to-DL said:
HEY!!!! Those were MY KIDS TOES you were stepping on that day!!!!

OK. Just kidding. :rotfl:

I cant stand it when the parents dont take responsability. BUT that happens right here in my home town... I certainly dont have to travel to DL to find a couple of idiots who have reproduced.

This is so true.

One night we were at dinner (at a nice restaurant) and the family next to us had a toddler. This kid stood on the seats and spent most of the evening looking over into our booth. He was practically in my husband's face!

Finally my husband said something to them and the parent's response? "He's only 2!"

My husband said, "Yeah, but you're not!"

They ended up leaving the restaurant.

I have no problem turning around and telling a kid to "knock it off" if their parents don't. :thumbsup2

leaving the electrical parade a few weeks ago my mom was behind someone with a wheel chair.. Put it lightly.. Her ankles were bleeding from where she was hit numerous times. She then told the guy to get in front of her so she could run him over with the stroller...

Same day. I was taking 2 4 year olds on BTM and I have 3 teenagers screaming bloody murder behind me. The ride had not even started...

I calmy turned around and asked them to shut up because they were scaring my kids.

My kids are not afraid of the ride just the screaming petrified them! The kids apologized about 5 times...
I then had extra fast passes that we didn't use and at the end offered them to them to let them know that there were no hard feelings but to look and think before you scream..

My dad has also encounterd people cutting in the fast pass line... Ususally on Buzz..
Then they realize that they 'don't have the pass, they gave it to family member ahead of them, who didn't exist to begin with'

So we are happy wehn that happens and they get sent to the back of the line..

Usually though we have never had any problems with people. Just the running of the strollers as people cut in front of you. I admit I have bumped people, but because they cut in front of me and I din't have time to stop.

I do feel bad for the 5 year old who got his chair taken away..
Good for you mom on what you said to the mother.

Rapunsel

Back in '66 we were walking past Carousel of Progress and someone dropped their cigarette from the upper walkway (remember those days when everyone smoked where they wanted?). The bad thing about it was that the lit cigarette landed right on the back of my hand and burned me. I still have the scar.

Well you and I were there at the same time, I think we ran in to the same horrible people! We were in line for POTC, there was a lady and little boy in front of us. Suddenly this man that was standing off to the side, NOT in line cuts in front of her with his WHOLE family. She spoke up and both him AND his wife got all nasty, saying some pretty horrible things. I couldn't believe how rude they were. They totally felt that because he was waiting for his family out of the line he could just go in to the line wherever he wanted.

My DH and DS was getting on Space Mountain and asked for the back row. Which the CM gladly gave him. Well the guy behind them wanted back row for the next car, but did not ask. Instead after being told to go to row 3 or whatever just decided to go to the back row. Apparently he got in to it pretty bad with the CM. And the CM was not backing down, he said he'd stop the ride until he got in the right row!

Last year we had waited some time to get a good spot for the Electric Parade. At the last minute a family gets behind us, and their kids were practically sitting on our laps. Shoving their heads inbetween ours and SCREAMING in to our ears with every float that passed. I nicely asked the parents if they could get their kids to sit back with them, but of course I was in the wrong for asking that. They finally left before the parade was over, but it ruined it for me.

Honestly I really try to not let people bother me when at DLR, but almost every trip I get annoyed at someone.

Is it just me or is it a bit disturbing to see couples making out at the parks? I don't mean the occasional kiss on the lips or cheek, but they are just acting as if no one is around them and going at it in line for rides, on rides, etc.?

Almost every time I ride POTC, my boyfriend and I get stuck next to some couple making out the entire ride. It's gross to have to see that and as hard as you try to ignore them, it ruins the ride. :worried:

Oh I have a story you that is XXX-rated. I won't go into details BUT it occurred on Tom Sawyer's Island around dusk as they were closing the island for the evening.

I was walking around looking for my nephew and in a nook and cranny, a couple were obivously in the 'act' right there on a 'stump'. It was not an illusion because I saw something down around the lady's ankles AND it wasn't an ankle bracelet if you know what I mean! (Hint: Unmentionables)

It bothers me, too, to see people making out in the parks. I don't mind an occasional kiss or whatever, but no tonsil hockey, people.

I wish people would watch out more when they're moving across people going one way. I have friends in wheelchairs and I don't know how many times I've seen people, kids and adults, not watching where they're going and running into them or tripping over their footrests (these would be the same people who are tripping over everyone's strollers because they have tunnel vision and are trying to get to the next ride). Also, if you are coming towards someone in a wheelchair going the opposite direction as you (whether they're pushing themselves or someone is pushing them), please step out of their way--it's a lot easier to manuever on two legs than 4 wheels. Also--if you see someone in a wheelchair going uphill, please don't do anything to stop their momentum (again whether or not they're pushing themselves or being pushed) as it's pretty hard to get going again, especially in certain areas of the parks. And this is pretty important going downhill, too, as momentum is pretty hard to stop. I can do it with a stroller, no problem, but it's really different when you're pushing someone who weighs over 100 pounds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter