Has anyone had bad experience at DLR with another guest?

JenDisneylandlver said:
And the CM was not backing down, he said he'd stop the ride until he got in the right row!

Good for the CM, I wish more of them would do that when someone is being rude!

I have never had a problem except for 3 drunks on splash mountain. they seemed perfectly fine in line but then when we got on it was crazy. IT was just my sis and me when we were 12 and 14

On our first trip many moons ago, we were standing in a long line(pre-fastpass days) for Big Thunder Railroad and this kid went screaming down under the rope thinking he would be able to budge in line,and everyone was like "NO WAY KID!" None of us would let this kid in line and everyone kept telling him to go to the end of the line, when out of the blue, it was fate, are you ready for this...................................................
A bird came along and pooped on his head! Justice was served!!!!!Everyone in the line up cheered!!!!

eatmypixiedust said:
Is it just me or is it a bit disturbing to see couples making out at the parks? I don't mean the occasional kiss on the lips or cheek, but they are just acting as if no one is around them and going at it in line for rides, on rides, etc.?

Almost every time I ride POTC, my boyfriend and I get stuck next to some couple making out the entire ride. It's gross to have to see that and as hard as you try to ignore them, it ruins the ride. :worried:

Whats more disturbing is seeing butts too. We saw so many girls butts this year as they were getting off of rides. Their skirts were so short and when they would get out of the ride WHOOOPS there it is AND they would be in no hurry to fix it. It was like nothing was wrong.

spazzyjazzy said:
Whats more disturbing is seeing butts too. We saw so many girls butts this year as they were getting off of rides. Their skirts were so short and when they would get out of the ride WHOOOPS there it is AND they would be in no hurry to fix it. It was like nothing was wrong.

Yuck! I know what you mean! I see little "hoochie" outfits all the time! I'm sorry but if I ever have kids I would not let them dress in something that looks like it's 10 years too small for them! :sad2:

Line cutters are so annoying. It's like they have a sense of entitlement or think their time is worth more than mine!

I do have to say that I have much more patience for children since having my own. I know that no matter how good my parenting skills are, there are days when they misbehave no matter what I do. And, when they are at a place like DL, kids tend to get over excited and anxious and sometimes forget their manners.

The difference is that if they act up in a nice restaurant or standing in line for a ride, etc, I'll do something about it and won't let them continue. If they can't act politely, then they lose out. The problem is that a lot of parents are at places like DL for themselves as much as for their children. And they think, why punish myself and get out of line if my kids can't behave. They're not willing to take a break when the kids are acting up. Spoils it for the rest of us!

I always laugh and tease my boys that I must have magnets in my toes because they are always stepping on my feet, giving my sandles flat tires, etc when we're at amusement parks. So, even I get annoyed at my own kids! Luckily it's just my feet that take the pain...I guess it's all the crowds and standing in line in cramped spaces...some of it can't be helped and should be expected. :confused3

So, if I'm in line and someone bumps me or kicks me, I understand. What annoys me is when they don't apologize. Or, when they keep doing it. Last summer, we were in line for Splash Mountain and my son accidently bumped into the lady in front of us. But, he immediately aplogized and was sincere in his apology and then was more careful. The lady told me on the side how impressed she was that he did that. If he had kept bumping her, I would have given him a warning and if he did it again, out of line...all of us! Only takes one consequence like that for most kids to shape up. Unfortunately, not all parents are willing to discipline.

So, I'm heading back to DL with my 2 boys in August. I'm pampering my feet now because I know I'm in for them being abused when we get there!!

KC :sunny:

mundaremom said:
On our first trip many moons ago, we were standing in a long line(pre-fastpass days) for Big Thunder Railroad and this kid went screaming down under the rope thinking he would be able to budge in line,and everyone was like "NO WAY KID!" None of us would let this kid in line and everyone kept telling him to go to the end of the line, when out of the blue, it was fate, are you ready for this...................................................
A bird came along and pooped on his head! Justice was served!!!!!Everyone in the line up cheered!!!!
This made me laugh out loud! Love it! :lmao:

KCSunshine60 said:
So, if I'm in line and someone bumps me or kicks me, I understand. What annoys me is when they don't apologize. Or, when they keep doing it. Last summer, we were in line for Splash Mountain and my son accidently bumped into the lady in front of us. But, he immediately aplogized and was sincere in his apology and then was more careful. The lady told me on the side how impressed she was that he did that. If he had kept bumping her, I would have given him a warning and if he did it again, out of line...all of us! Only takes one consequence like that for most kids to shape up. Unfortunately, not all parents are willing to discipline.

KC :sunny:

Good for you! :thumbsup2 I have two little ones (just turned 5 and 2.5) and we have a first time rule. If they act up in public they will be gently reminded of the correct behavior and future consequences...the first time. If it happens again either my husband or I leave the fun with that child. There have been many restaurant meals that were missed as my son and I waited in the car for everyone else to finish. All kids get excited, tired and antsy....I just wish parents would be willing to sacrifice their fun for the good of everyone else. :rolleyes1

There have been a few times where my husband and I were in line next to a young couple in love. This last May we were in line for Buzz and a young teenage couple were all over each other in front of us (he kept pinning her against the wall...you get the picture :blush: ) So, just for fun I said "Dan (DH) isn't that just so inspiring" and without missing a beat he started stroking my hair and telling me how much he loved me really loudly. The kids immediately stopped and the girl turned bright red! I guess couples in their mid thirties showing affection in public is not what a teenager wants to see! :rotfl2:

A few weeks ago, the day POTC opened, my DH was in line to get into the parks (the kids and I were a few couples in front of him). The guy behind him says 'HEY, you can move forward' and DH turned around and said 'shes backing up' (there was a women w/a stroller in front of him had gone to the regular aisle and needed to back up and go through the stroller gate). DH turns forward again and the guy shoves DH on the shoulder and says 'Dude, MOVE'. My DH turned around and told the guy not to touch him, and then went forward because it was his turn to go through and we took off. I couldn't believe the jerk though.

Oh. The grossest though! We were watching the fireworks on the bridge to adventure land. A little boy (4-5?) had to go potty so his parents had him pee in a cup and then set the cup down on the street :sad2: yuck.

Yes the PDA is very rude. I will peck my dh in the park and maybe a little more of a kiss at a nice rest. in the late evening but the making out and more in line is just over the top.

However, stepping on a kid because he won't stop kicking you is still out of line IMO. Did you tell the parents? The difference between an adult and a child is supposed to be self control. Maybe you were just kidding? I hope.

Monica

we were waiting for a parade to start one time, after sitting there with our spot for an hour before, and this couple and one kid come up and pluck themselves smack dab in the middle of my kids. we had a total of 6. . . nope, not gonna happen. . . I looked at them and said, thanks for splitting my kids up, if you are gonna sit and block our view the least you could do is let my kids sit together. . . the chick said something but i had put my back to her and said I really could give to rats butt what this rude chick says, well right on my cue my friend and husband start saying things like CALM down honey, calm down, let it go. . . man I have never seen someone hurry up and leave. . .

iceskatejen said:
I wish people would watch out more when they're moving across people going one way. I have friends in wheelchairs and I don't know how many times I've seen people, kids and adults, not watching where they're going and running into them or tripping over their footrests (these would be the same people who are tripping over everyone's strollers because they have tunnel vision and are trying to get to the next ride).

yeah and it those people who moan about having been run over by a wheelchair :confused3 but your right...they dont look and then when you accidentally hit them they look at you like your a maniac :crazy:

Liltx said:
However, stepping on a kid because he won't stop kicking you is still out of line IMO. Did you tell the parents? The difference between an adult and a child is supposed to be self control. Maybe you were just kidding? I hope.Monica

hey if some kid kept kicking me I would do the same thing...and yes she did talk to the parents and I dont think she was kidding :rotfl2:

last march when we went to DL.. I was waiting in my usual spot for Fantasmic...Im the one who has relay races to get to my spot and push everybody out of the way to get there...haha jk...not really but ok ;) anyways, Im waiting for my friends and they were trying to find me so she called my cell and all of a sudden i heard this loud scream and my friend started yelling at someone and I heard people trying to calm her down ...I was like what the heck...well evidentally her daughter accidentally ran into this ladies stroller (btw, no one was in it) and she said she was sorry but the lady blew up at her and started going balistic and my friend said...hey she didnt mean it and there is no one in the stroller and the lady came after my friends daughter and ran over her ankles :scared1: can you believe that? then my friend went balistic and was going to beat her down :lmao: and I guess some people who saw the whole thing held my friend back and tried to calm her down...Im like man, some people :confused3

Yes I I have, it cost me 45 minutes with the Anaheim PD and Disney security...it was worth every second of the time I spent with them. Bullies will always be bullies until they find themselves on the short end of the stick.

Jack pirate:

Nothing really bad has happened the occasional line jumper etc. Adults planting themselves directly in front of kids at the parade etc. You know what really bothers me? Wheelchairs and electric scooters are meant for people who need them. On my last trip there I saw a group of teenage girls who used this aide to get on rides quicker by coming up the parent swap line stopping getting up and walking...(just fine) on the ride and laughing the whole time. What astonished us was they were taking equipment from people who really need it and on top of that line jumping and not a single person said a thing. We also saw a fella with a broken arm riding an electric scooter pulling the same trick. He got off the scooter and walked right up the parent swap line to get on a ride. Their is always someone who has to abuse the system and unfortunately I saw 2 that day.

My son is 8 now, and we were praising him this year in the lines, he is so well behaved. Stands there and talks to us, not jumping around, screaming, kicking people ect.. Yes he's excited like all kids are, but he does not have to act out because of it. He was even annoyed this year with how some kids were acting in line, and how the parents wouldn't even say a word.

It's not just Disneyland though, it's something you see every day. Just go to your local grocery store. You'll see kids running around, unsupervised, running in to people, screaming their heads off. I think parents believe if they ignore it they will stop, but in the meanwhile it's everyone else suffering. I also don't happen to believe that parenting style works. We came well prepared when my son was a toddler anywhere we went, with little toys to entertain him, or his pacifier when he was a baby. When he was older he knew if he acted up we would drop everything and leave (the store, or a line of a ride). People just have to teach their kids to behave. Sure no kid is perfect, and accidents happen (shoot I've accidently bumped in to people in line, and said I'm sorry). But to be kicking, screaming and acting out over and over again with the parents not doing anything? Just ridiculous!

I kinda feel bad when we get little kids sitting behind us at a parade. But I'm not really going to give up the front area that we sat and waited for for over an hour either. Since there is only 3 of us, I don't want to split us up anyway. I always figure if you want your kid to get a front row seat, you come a little early like we do. Now coming and trying to sit in front of kids after they are seated up front, well that's just rude.

SparklePower said:
Being a weekly visitor, I encounter more than my fair share of "brain dead" DL.
One evening we were leaving the park after fireworks along with the throngs of other folks and this woman and her son literally jumped in front of my stroller (now I am a pretty cautious stroller driver, in fact I don't let my DH drive it because he always runs someones ankles over) to cross infront of me and I didn't stop in time, running into her ankles. Well she lashed out at me saying "Thanks alot for breaking my ankles... you ruined my day, blah, blah, blah... I just stood there with my mouth open..... :scared: and this guy behind me tells her, "Hey lady, I bet you blame cars who run you over after you J-walk!" "Break em again, break em again" And she just huffed right off. Some people just make me... :furious:

We push our 28 year old son with cerebral palsy and almost everyday someone literally falls over his feet because they have to cut in front of us. I am a very careful driver, but my husband figures it's their own fault.! Once a man ended up on my son's lap! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter