Has anyone had bad experience at DLR with another guest?

Actually, the only really rude thing I ever had happen to me was in WDW, not DL. We were returning to the Contemporary on the Monorail from the Magic Kingdom at night and I'm sure everyone can imagine how crowded that can get! Well, being that the Contem. is the first stop after the Magic Kingdom, and I was stuck in a seat with 30 people around me, I said excuse me, but no one budged. A second more loud protest from me was "Getting Off", which is what we say on the commuter trains here in Chicago. I said it pretty loudly and it must have startled and then rankled someone, who didn't hear me politely say excuse me a few moments before. Well I got called a #itch and a few other choice words. Luckily, the doors closed and I didn't have to hear anymore insults. From then on, I made sure I was very close to the doors when coming back from the parks on the monorail at night!

This actually upset me for a day or so after that. It was sort of a confrontational as I had to move past this person and it really sort of frightened me.

I thought of another one! We were in line for Dumbo, and in front of us was 2 kids. I'd say 10-12 years old. Well only after being in line for a minute or two (and you know how long Dumbo can be, it was long), they turned to us and said they really needed to run to the bathroom. And if we could hold their place in line for just a few minutes. We agreed.

Well after quite a while and half way through the line these kids have not returned. Only to see them sitting by the merry go round with their parents. Uh okay, I thought they changed their mind about riding. Well once we got pretty close, they wanted back in front of us. This is like 45 minutes later. I told them no, sorry we were only holding your place for a few minutes. So they tried to get the people behind us to let them cut in front of them. I was so annoyed, I mean I'm not standing in line in this heat so you can go sit in the shade, when I don't even know you! A little misleading when you just had to "go to the bathroom". I found that pretty rude!

I don't blame you Jen! How rude of them to expect you to "save" their place like that. Very inconsiderate! I would have been angry too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter