Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

I randomly checked and it seems like Carnation Cafe just dropped times for April 3. Plenty right now.

Well, that's movement in the right direction at least! My date isn't until April 21st, but I have alerts set so I'm ready to go. (Also, my speculation about dinner coming back to Carnation may be correct. I haven't seen any reservation times or a set date for its return, but they have added the Dinner menu as a separate tab back into the app, and I don't think it was there before.)

Seeing times for April 3rd for Carnation Cafe. Fairly wide open. So maybe Carnation Cafe is opening up 39 days out instead of 60.

If April 3rd is up, I would assume the 2nd went up too. Would be very weird if they just skipped a day, IMO.
It seemed like the 2nd was released weeks ago - TMooney said he saw reservations for the 2nd 60 days out, before everything stopped. The 3rd was the first day (that we knew of) that had not yet been made available. That's why this was notable.

So the big question here is: will they add the 4th tomorrow, or was this just a weird one-off.

Last edited:
Yes, I must have just missed April 2nd for CC. I checked at 6am 60 days out and there was nothing and I've checked every day since. There must have been a rush on them right at 6am that day. I keep hoping for a cancellation but so far, nothing! It's been very weird trying to get reservations for CC this time!

Looking just now and nothing for Carnation Cafe after April 3. So I'm guessing they're just randomly put up there. So best to try to use a dining reservation service to alert you to when there's availability. The April 3 times are still there.

It looks like there is plenty for Carnation Cafe now. April 4th was added this morning through April 25th.

ETA - Funny, I JUST got my third-party dining service notification email. I'm so glad I checked yesterday because we got April 3, the day we wanted.

Heads up! Carnation Cafe just released a TON of reservations, it looks like. All the way up until April 25th. So everyone who has been waiting, like me, get 'em while they're hot. (I snagged the 4/22 reservation I've been waiting on just now!!)
THANKS!! Got my 6 person res for lunch in mid April! My last puzzle piece to the trip 👏

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter