Has anyone received their refund yet?

I used the online Costco form on 3/24 to cancel our October cruise and I received the refund of my deposit amount yesterday. I guess I'll never know how awesome our IGT upgrade could have possibly been! As sad as it was to cancel the sailing, air, and hotel res, I'm glad to not have any money or points tied up with a travel provider at the moment.

Travel will come back and until then we can all just dream! :boat:

Cancelled 8/5 Northern European cruise on

We are taking a big hit on non-refundable airfare and hotels for this trip :(
Don't count airfare as lost. I had a trip in April that I bought the cheap non-refundable tickets. Yesterday, they majorly changed the itinerary for the flight. Even dropped a leg of a flight. I was able to cancel. Still working to see if I can get refund instead of credit, but either way my 400 bucks is still usable. So just see what happens. They will probably change or cancel your flight, thereby giving you a refund of credit at least.

Don't count airfare as lost. I had a trip in April that I bought the cheap non-refundable tickets. Yesterday, they majorly changed the itinerary for the flight. Even dropped a leg of a flight. I was able to cancel. Still working to see if I can get refund instead of credit, but either way my 400 bucks is still usable. So just see what happens. They will probably change or cancel your flight, thereby giving you a refund of credit at least.

Yes, thank you! I had forgotten that Delta had changed our itinerary a couple of times already and just remembered this the other night :)

It was exactly what we needed in order to obtain a refund.

A lot will matter on the airlines. Some are playing nice, while others are not. I played chicken with our flights in March and American cancelled and tried to reschedule us, but we used their cancellation as the reason to ask for a refund and I'm suppose to get one (has not shown up yet but it has only been 6 days since the request). The credit wouldn't have done us any good, since I would have had to use it by the end of the year.

There have been lots of stories about United not offering any refunds even on flights that they have cancelled. They are only offering credit and you have to use it within 12 months of when you originally booked your tickets.

Psy

I was on the WBPC cruise where we are supposed to be getting a 10% refund plus refunded port fees from missed ports--so far I've only received one portion of port fees back. I called today and she told me it could take up to 30 days to show up. Costco was our travel agent on this as well.

Still waiting for my refund, cancelled almost 2 weeks ago. It will be interesting to see if I get the money back before the cruise was supposed to sail (April 5).

Also just went ahead and cancelled my Feb 2021 cruise. We probably won’t sail again until there’s a vaccine, plus we would rather have that money in hand than tied up with DCL. :(

I’m still waiting too. Cancelled with Costco 3/20. Cruise was for 4/6.

I cancelled on 3/16 with Costco online form and had my full cruise fare refunds post to my CC today 4/2 for my April 11th fantasy sailing.

I cancelled on 3/16 with Costco online form and had my full cruise fare refunds post to my CC today 4/2 for my April 11th fantasy sailing.
Same here. Cancelled with Costco 3/16, finally got my refunds for my 4/10 sailing posted today. It was weird to see a bunch of refunds, but I added them all up and the total was correct.

I kept expecting some sort of email from Costco or DCL about the fact that our 4/11 sailing had been cancelled. I ended up calling Costco on 3/23 to request a refund. I got a refund on 3/28 for the taxes and fees. When I called to ask when the rest of the refund would go through, I was advised that it could be up to 30 days.

I canceled my trip on March 25th and received the refund today so much less than the 60-90 days I was told on the call. Granted it was just the initial deposit since I canceled 1 day before the original PIF date.

Are people not watching the news? Countries are closing borders, airlines are grounding their planes, cruise ships can’t find ports,travel insurance won’t cover anything related to covid 19. Things will not be back to normal in May.
I don't know what travel insurance you bought but I used Travel Insured and they are refunding full price if you show the confirmation letter from Disney showing they cancelled your cruise...

I called for the 3rd time to HAL regarding my cruise I cancelled on 3/8 (they allowed cancellations on 3/6). I was now told the refund could take 60 days. Initially I was told 5-10 business days. Then I called after the first ten days and was told another 5-10 business days. Now 60 days? I'm worried I'm not going to get the refund. A family member on the same cruise cancelled 3/7 and got their refund within a few days.

Wondering if I should contact my CC to see about getting the refund. Sixty days from HAL seems to be an awful long time.

i just got my refund today...i was waiting for the remainder 2018 $250 placeholder and initial deposit of 10% when i booked. so about 10 days apart for refunds.

I called for the 3rd time to HAL regarding my cruise I cancelled on 3/8 (they allowed cancellations on 3/6). I was now told the refund could take 60 days. Initially I was told 5-10 business days. Then I called after the first ten days and was told another 5-10 business days. Now 60 days? I'm worried I'm not going to get the refund. A family member on the same cruise cancelled 3/7 and got their refund within a few days.

Wondering if I should contact my CC to see about getting the refund. Sixty days from HAL seems to be an awful long time.

I am in the same position as you. Fortunately for us, our full balance had not been paid, but was sitting on our credit card because the payment had not been due yet. I called the CC company and they put the balance in "dispute". They advised me not to pay it, however, it did tell me it would accrue interest. They told me that when HAL made resolution, I could call the CC company and request a refund of the interest.

I'm not sure how much responsibility these credit card companies have for charges that were made and paid months ago.

I don't know what travel insurance you bought but I used Travel Insured and they are refunding full price if you show the confirmation letter from Disney showing they cancelled your cruise...

We can’t get our insurance (TravelEx, by Berkshire Hathaway) to answer the phone or respond to emails. We started a CC chargeback.

I canceled my trip on March 25th and received the refund today so much less than the 60-90 days I was told on the call. Granted it was just the initial deposit since I canceled 1 day before the original PIF date.

It seems like deposits on trips not PIF are coming back much quicker. Still waiting for my full refund for my 4/6 cruise I cancelled 3/20.

Went through the Costco refund form on March 19. The full refund finally hit the credit card yesterday (April 3rd). The whole process took just a tad over 2 weeks.

Went through the Costco refund form on March 19. The full refund finally hit the credit card yesterday (April 3rd). The whole process took just a tad over 2 weeks.

Interesting. I too submitted the Costco form on 3/19. I received my reply on 3/20. As of this morning, nothing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter