Has Pizza Press Gone Downhill?

...or did I just catch them on an off day? We made a point to eat there on our recent trip, as we usually love it, but this time it was disappointing. All 3 pizzas we ordered were soggy and undercooked, the toppings were scarce and all on one side. The whole experience made me wish we had just tried Napolini in DTD. Is this the new norm, or just a new employee/off day?
Seems odd, but I will say that since you are watching them make it, if you see something is off as far as toppings go, ask them to fix it. If the Pizza is soggy, say something, they will remake it.

Honestly, I tend to prefer Mod Pizza, but that is closer to my house. I also really like Blaze Pizza, which is on Katella, but that is because I like their drink choices better.

Pizza Press is also a good choice normally though and they do better with gluten free and avoiding cross contamination than other locations if you have such issues.

I used to love Pizza Press when it was at the Carousel Inn. Since it moved, I've been a few times but it has lost much of its appeal when I have to walk that far to get it, so I think for me it's not so much a quality issue as convenience.

I had a pizza from Napolini in January and it was ok but not great IMO. In fact, there was some gray meat that I HATED (sounded a little like prosciutto) and removed; I got it because it came bundled with the pizza that had other things on it I liked. I thought it would be like prosciutto but ugh, I thought it was disgusting. The price was way too high to order the 3 extra toppings I did want on my pizza; you either order a pre-set type or pay a hefty charge per topping, so I ordered a pre-set type and removed the gray meat that tasted awful. The pizza itself is good but I don't like their pricing system.
Oddly enough I prefer the new location as they have plenty of free parking, something the old location didn't have any of.

Oddly enough I prefer the new location as they have plenty of free parking, something the old location didn't have any of.
That makes sense! I just never have a car and I am not usually staying near that location. I stay on site whenever possible but I've tried just about every motel on Harbor, I think, except the new Courtyard (almost the same cost as on site and I don't need the extra room) and the Castle Inn.

Ate here about 4 times over 9 days this past week, it was excellent and they have over 20 craft beers on tap. New location nice and big. Also the breakfast was excellent too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter