Heard some FP kiosks were uncovered in MK today

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my memory:

We often got legacy FP that had a return time shortly (maybe 15 or 20 minutes) after park opening.

A guest was allowed to get an additional FP at the earliest of the following: 1) two hours after obtaining a FP or 2) at the initial return time on the FP.

I just checked out their menu based on your comment and I think that will be our Epcot lunch spot! Looks yummy! Last time we ate at The Electric Umbrella. Just okay, so I wasn't sad it's not available this time.

The perfect spot after rope dropping Test Track and then as fast as possible riding Soarin'. (after eating there we did Living with the Land before moving on to The Seas or Imagination)

The awesome thing of back in the legacy Fastpass day…….handing a just arriving family our unused fast passes as We left the park early…..made so many families happy!! It’s so much harder to sprinkle pixie dust nowadays

The awesome thing of back in the legacy Fastpass day…….handing a just arriving family our unused fast passes as We left the park early…..made so many families happy!! It’s so much harder to sprinkle pixie dust nowadays
Very true! I loved doing that! A couple weeks ago we were at DL and used a rider swap for RotR and it broke down for my SIL. They gave her 4 anywhere passes but because of what we wanted to do and the time of the day we couldn’t use them. We were bummed we couldn’t gift them to someone!

Very true! I loved doing that! A couple weeks ago we were at DL and used a rider swap for RotR and it broke down for my SIL. They gave her 4 anywhere passes but because of what we wanted to do and the time of the day we couldn’t use them. We were bummed we couldn’t gift them to someone!
My DS and niece were in WDW in August 2019 and just couldn’t catch a break to get on FOP (2-3 hr wait all day). We tried one last time and as we crossed over the bridge to evaluate the line, a woman handed us a paper ticket for 3 people to get on FOP!! I was in shock, and ever so grateful….my son said it was karma, so we made sure to continue paying it forward as best we could!

We did that at universal with some Hagrid’s skip the line tickets we got because the ride broke down when we were on it. We gave it to a young couple in Harry Pottee robes we were chatting with that had tried all day to get a virtual queue without success. They were so happy! Was the best part of the day.

Yes the worst things about legacy paper FP were, in my opinion:

In order
1) Still having to be at every park at rope drop :crazy2::scared:to get the really hard to get FP’s
2). The crisscrossing all over the park and all the extra walking
3). Wasting time waiting in lines just to get FP’s

The best parts were:
In order:
1) The ability to gather and save multiple FP’s for later in the day. (Disney did not enforce the end window for a FP, only the start)
2) Short waits in those FP lines
3) Some pretty cool souvenirs if you had some unused FP’s when you got home

Dan
I remember someone had to race to EE, Splash and Space Mountains, Soarin, and TT. Oh yeah and TSM, that one could be tough to get if you weren't in DHS till later in the day. Wouldn't another plus be the no tier system in Epcot? You could ride Soarin and TT on the same day if you were lucky enough to get the FP's before they ran out :scratchin

Can someone remind where FP used to be in the app? Was it the plus button - the top bar for me is “check dining availablity” or is is the Far right menu button ( the 3 horizontal lines) where the top boxes are “tickets and passes” and “my plans”

Honestly, it's been so long I don't remember the exact amount of time you had to wait. As I recall though it was either 1 hr or whenever your window came open. So if you were there in the morning, the first one you got would be for almost immediate use, 2nd not far behind. Then at that point, just wait for the 1 hr (if that's what it was) and get another. As far as the time stamp, CM's did not pay attention to it and you could use it any time you wanted. That's why it worked. Right before they ended legacy, they started enforcing the time window because it really was just destroying what the system was intended to do. But, it was on the way out at that point anyway.

You could get next paper fastpass ... either when the FP window for your current FP opened or 2 hours after you got your current FP ... whichever was sooner. The ticket would actually say on the bottom exactly when you could get the next FP.

There is a good breakdown of the system here on Yesteryear.

You could get next paper fastpass ... either when the FP window for your current FP opened or 2 hours after you got your current FP ... whichever was sooner. The ticket would actually say on the bottom exactly when you could get the next FP.

There is a good breakdown of the system here on Yesteryear.

As I said, it's been a long time, my memory is fuzzy on the wait time between getting FP's. It was still the method people were using to exploit the system.

As I said, it's been a long time, my memory is fuzzy on the wait time between getting FP's. It was still the method people were using to exploit the system.

Yep, did it all the time at DL. Stocked up on paper FP throughout the day and saved them for when the lines got crazy. Often ended up not using them at all.

There were a lot of rumors .. some fairly credible.. that Disney was planning to change FP at WDW prior to Covid.

I know some people just really hate to hear it.. but maxpass at Disneyland was an absolute dream..

However there is one issue with maxpass- the needed to be scanned into the park issue. I think Disney is trying to stop folks from trying to get there super early..

But the announcement yesterday about early entry for resort and other select hotel guests…. That would be a huge advantage if using a maxpass day of system. It’s one of the huge advantaged Disneyland resort guests had prior to Covid.

Can someone remind where FP used to be in the app? Was it the plus button - the top bar for me is “check dining availablity” or is is the Far right menu button ( the 3 horizontal lines) where the top boxes are “tickets and passes” and “my plans”

Whew! I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't remember where FP was, and hopefully will be again in the app. Can someone please help us?

I am a proud refresh warrior. I’m not sure why That would been seen as a bad thing.
I will never understand... checking a few times over 5 minutes as you walk through a FP+ queue is not difficult or a abuse. When you search for 4+ FP you choose a time frame, am I to believe that you should only pick one time frame and then only pick out of the options available on first attempt? If you call your local fine dining establishment and ask for a reservation at 5:30 and they respond with no but we can fit you in at 5:45, do you not take the table at 5:45? how is it a hack, or unethical, to do so? Some people look more diligently hoping for something worthwhile to pop up, others dont... For me, 5 minutes of looking is a better use of time than 60+ minutes in a standby queue. There are myriad of borderline and objectively unethical 'hacks' that have run their course over the years, I do not believe this falls into either of those categories.

Whew! I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't remember where FP was, and hopefully will be again in the app. Can someone please help us?
Pretty sure you used to touch the + circle in the middle bottom of the app and one of the things that ballooned out was a FP+ option

One time at AK, I attempted to give away 3 unused legacy FPs for EE (obviously long before Pandora existed) to some random folks when leaving the park. I was refused the ability to give away the pixiedust by two different groups because they had no idea what they were. I was finally successful in giving them away to a 3rd group we encountered.

I think the first two groups thought I was some shady ticket scalper or scammer. :hyper2:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter