HELP - Cost of Length of Stay pass?

CPanther95

Mummyketeer
I am planning to stay at the PBH in May 02 for 6 nights. Was quoted $249 for a Garden View that included 2 Adult Length of Stay Passes. I asked how much to add passes for my 3 kids(13,12, 9) and she said "If you buy a 3-Day Pass for them, they will normally honor that for length of stay". Then called back to get Entertainment Rate (Books are $10 off now - got Charlotte for $15 +$5 Shipping). Ent Rate gave me a Deluxe Pool View for $180 with no tickets.

First, is this rate a good deal ? ALSO, is it true that cost of LoS passes is comparable to 3-Day passes - even for a 7 Day stay?

NOTE: Please respond quickly, I have only 2 months before I leave and I still have to plan menu selections, wardrobe, rides to ride and in what order, bathroom breaks, swimming schedule, check alternate escape route from the hotel room in the event of fire, check local hospitals emergency room staff experience and work schedule so I know what times an accident can safely occur, PLUS schedule at least 2 spontaneous acts a day. (My wife just loves my spontaneity).

Just a quick estimate-

$249 X 6 nights = 1494 plus $ 270 (the cost of 3 more admissions @ approx 90 each)= $1764 for room and admission for 5 or 6 days

(btw it may indeed be true that they would honor a 3 day as a length of stay but that is the first I ever heard of such a thing. If this is what you end up deciding to do I would definately call again and get the name of the person telling you this info, just doesn't sound kosher to me...)

VS

$180 X 6 nights= 1080 plus 5 power passes @ 99 each =$1575 for a NICER room and passes that allow all 5 of you to return for a WHOLE YEAR
(A Power Pass is the new name for the old Season Pass which is like an Annual Pass but with no free parking and certain blackout dates- if your visit is during a holiday like July 4th the PP would not help you, but the full Annual Pass for 5 would probably run you about 750 and with the money you saved on the room you would STILL come out ahead,because of the better room and the ability to visit as much as you want for a year without paying anything for admission )
And let's not forget that the Annual or Power Pass gets you substantial discounts on food, beverages, and gift shop purchases in both parks and Citywalk!
Of course there are taxes, parking charges, and other little annoyances in both cases, and the cost of the Entertainment Book should figure into the math, but basically it's a no brainer IMHO-

:jester:

Thanks for the info......From what I read, a power pass does not include discounts for merch. and restaurants - any problem buying one AP for me and 4 PP for the family? Blackoutdates should not be a problem. Is the room discount steeper for AP than the Entertainment Rate generally?

Does anyone know exactly how they charge for the"length of stay" passes? I need 5-day passes,which I can't get,but if the length of stay passes are not outrageous,I may go with that.

SRRN,
Why can't you get five day passes? We just got five day passes at the Universal website for $99.95.

The Annual Pass is 159 and the Power Pass is only 99 each. The AP gives you additional discounts on restaurants and merchandise. The only downside of the Power Pass is there are blackout dates where they are not valid (Basically Christmas, Easter, and Weekends from Last weekend in June to First weekend in Aug)

It seems to me that if your trip is not straddling any of these blackout dates, the Power Pass is a great deal, and its good for as many days as you'll need it.

I think your idea to buy one AP and the rest PP is the best thing you can do. I was not aware that the PP did not give the discounts. Have a blast!
BTW- In the past year it has been my experience that no discount beats the Entertainment book for OnSite as well as offsite Hotels.
Don't forget to check your book thoroughly- you will find other discounts for such things as SeaWorld admission, Disney Club membership, and all the major car rental companies, plus you can get discounts on most major hotel chains, restaurants and other merchandise and services anywhere in the country, PLUS all the 2 fer deals in your local area. The books themselves are discounted 10 dollars right now on their website, but the books are only valid through November of this year.
:jester:

Suzy:

Will the entertainment card suffice for restaurant discounts, or is a coupon required ? I ask because I bought the Charlotte version, not the Orlando version.

CPanther,
Restaurant discounts are only good for the restaurants listed in the book you have. I doubt that the Charlotte book lists any Orlando restaurants. There are some special coupons toward the back of the book that are good for things in other cities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter