Help for a first timer at USF/IOA

Pete the DISney nut

Official NUTcase
Hi everybody,

We are going to USF/IOA 8th - 22nd March 2002 for our first visit and we would like some useful hints on how to do the parks, especially which rides/attractions to do first and is there any order to best see them while avoiding any crowds.

Also we are planning on eating at Lombards Landing and Mythos while we are there so would I need to make reservations or will we be safe in just turning up.

Also, I see that there are "best seats " for selected rides like DD and Hulk.

Which seats would give the best rides on each attraction.

Sorry for the bombardment of questions but I am getting really excited to get over there and on them.

I look forward to reading your replies.

Pete and TC - the DISney nuts:D :cool: :bounce: :cool: :D

YOu don't say where you are staying. If you are staying at HRH or PBH it's a whole different game plan because of the magic key.
As far as seats on the coasters--on the Dueling Dragons definitely ride the front row. Front row of Hulk is great too, but you miss things if you don't experience the front row of DD.
We walked right into Lonbards Landing for lunch. For Mythos, we walked over in the early afternoon and made a reservation for that night.
There is a lot of information on these boards that answers a lot of your questions. My advice is to do a lot of reading here.

Not only are there best seats for the coasters...there are best seats for the Moive and theater attractions as well. I'm short so I really have a hard time seeing in the back of the shows.

Here are a few.

Twister. You will be lined up outside in the cattle formation. Once you go in the building to see Video 1 ,go all the way over to the right hand side and the front and you will see 2 sets of double doors. Stay there. You will be one of the first ones into the next two areas of the show. The next area will look like a house that has "been through it " this time go all the way to the front and the last set of doors. Once you enter the next section go up front, not on the bleachers. Or try to get in the fron row. You should have a good view of the rest of the show.

Jaws. Get a seat on the side of the boat. I like the left side.

Kong- Get a seat on the side of the tram... I like the left.

Back to the Future- Sit in the back. Watch you head!

Posiden's - Again you will be shown into a round room. Find the doors on the left hand side as you enter. They may have you walk around the other way. But find them. This is much easier..Always stay in front. Don't get on the bleachers if you do try to get in the first row. Keep ahead of the crowd into the next room . Again , more bleachers try to be in front.

I'll post more If I can think of any.

Best seats on Dueling Dragons: Front row!!

if you are spending all 14 days at USF/IOA in march the crowds will be non-existent. Bring a jacket since early march can still have days that make you wish for a something warm to wear. of course for those of us who live here that just means we wear jeans and a long sleeve shirt instead of shorts and a tank top. definately check the operating hours of mythos fist thing for the time period you are there.
dragons seating: front row inside seat gives you the best lift before the drop.
hulk seating: front row is ok if there is no line but any of the other rows will do just as well. with the zero-g-roll at the start i notice a difference between the outer left seat and the inner right seat.
MIB seating: if you are going for a grwat score your chances are increased if you ride in the car red 1 & 2, or blue 3 & 4.
T23D seating: i love the front row in the front left corner.
:smooth:

fboy I just wanted to say that I hadnt checked out your website guess I wasnt aware you had one till you posted this.:rolleyes:
It's great! Thanks for the wonderful info. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter