I’m posting this here and will also post on the Christmas party page, even though parties are almost done.

We attended a Halloween and Christmas party, and at Halloween we were able to buy Tron with just party tickets between 4-6, the other night at the Christmas party we were not able to do this!

If the last week is any indication just bring it all.

Today has been lovely- tank top, shorts, sweatshirt for early morning. Earlier this week I roasted at MK in shorts and a tank top and then last night was so cold I literally wore a winter coat to Candlelight and was quite comfortable (full disclosure I’m from CA so I don’t do cold, I did not see many others in their winter coats but I heard lots of complaining about being cold 🤣 ).
How are the crowds ?

I’m posting this here and will also post on the Christmas party page, even though parties are almost done.

We attended a Halloween and Christmas party, and at Halloween we were able to buy Tron with just party tickets between 4-6, the other night at the Christmas party we were not able to do this!
Yep. Unfortunately, they closed that loophole about a month ago. 🙁

Yep. Unfortunately, they closed that loophole about a month ago. 🙁
I’ve been a little mia on the boards, but know I reported I did it successfully so wanted to make sure and report back I wasn’t successful this time.

How are the crowds ?
They felt moderate to me, the hotels were not full as I had things go south at both my Disney hotels and I was able to immediately be moved/offered use of an equivalent room. Lighter on the party morning in MK & a bit lighter at DHS on it’s party morning.

Hotel & parks staff expect it to get busier soon.

Here now, what’s everyone’s plans for tomorrow?! We were planning to tough it out and enjoy the low crowds, but that rain looks extremely heavy all day!

Here now, what’s everyone’s plans for tomorrow?! We were planning to tough it out and enjoy the low crowds, but that rain looks extremely heavy all day!
The same. Today is our Epcot day which is probably a bad choice on a day like this. We will see how it goes.

I'd probably change to DHS because I feel like that is a better rain park but we have an ADR at Garden Grill we were really looking forward to.

Last edited:
The same. Today is our Epcot day which is probably a bad choice on a day like this. We will see how it goes.

I'd probably change to DHS because I feel like that is a better rain park but we have an ADR at Garden Grill we were really looking forward to.
How was Garden Grill? Did you go for Breakfast or Lunch? The menu changed a bit and I haven't seen many reviews yet.

How was Garden Grill? Did you go for Breakfast or Lunch? The menu changed a bit and I haven't seen many reviews yet.
We did breakfast and liked it. We mainly went for the characters, my daughter is a huge Pluto fan. This was our first visit back since covid and I had read some negative reviews since the sticky bun was removed but the monkey bread was good. The cheesey potatoes were excellent as well.
We all enjoyed it.

Went to Epcot today and it was…an adventure. We had a really lovely day all the same and dialed it in early. First train on Guardians, then Dolphins (AMAZING!), Garden Grill lunch, shopping, Gran Fiesta, Frozen, more shopping, Pick a Pearl (got a nice one!) and then back to hotel. Shops were busy and crowded as may be expected on a day like today, but overall crowds not bad at all and folks were enjoying themselves.

For anyone wondering about the Garden Grill lunch/dinner, food is solid. Familiar, which is kind of the point, but we thought it was well-prepared. The cornbread was a highlight and very fresh. Character interactions were great too.

We did have tix for Jollywood tonight but were honestly relieved to see it cancelled.

Well update on our day. We had a rest day built in (planned for Sunday) and my DH convinced me to skip out today. I’ve been so bummed all day. It’s been a steady rain but watching the app, wait times were non-existent. And despite not going to a park, we still spent the majority of the day swimming and at Disney Springs, so still wet! lol I knew better than to skip and am just kicking myself, but it is what it is! We are ready to rock it tomorrow though!

We did breakfast and liked it. We mainly went for the characters, my daughter is a huge Pluto fan. This was our first visit back since covid and I had read some negative reviews since the sticky bun was removed but the monkey bread was good. The cheesey potatoes were excellent as well.
We all enjoyed it.
Wow. I'm very surprised they still had the monkey bread and cheesy potatoes. They removed them from their online menu a few weeks ago. In fact the online menu still shows "breakfast pastry" instead of cinnamon loaf and "skillet potatoes" instead of cheesy potatoes. Very odd....

We all enjoyed it.
Yay, they still have the cheesy potatoes? I thought they got rid of that. I love WDW cheesy potatoes. Thank you for the update and we have a LO excited for the charaters too....I remember them being so cute when my others were little so we are all excited to see his excitement when he sees Farmer Mickey!

@ Hollywood Studios today. Really bad. RotR has been down all day, Whirling saucers - one side down and the park is mobbed. Luckily we did RnR Coaster and ToT first thing in the AM. Standby times for all other rides are at least 90 minutes with some pushing 200. Earliest LL return times are after 5pm.

For those that are there now, let me know if you see MagicBands on sale cheaper than $35 some place at WDW? I can't find ours. I'm sure I put them somewhere safe. LOL! I just can't remember where that somewhere safe is located. LOL!

On a good note, I'm glad we are arriving the evening before since we might have to go to Disney Springs World of Disney to purchase MB. SMH

Going to the parks on Saturday our reservation is for Hollywood. We plan to leave around 12 eat then go get online to hop at Epcot coming from Dolphin. Will there be long lines- how early should we get there. We’d like to get in as close as 2 as possible.

Anyone there now or recently can report if there are any “drops” at any particular time for genie+ options? I’m guiding a friend who is there now. I was there similar timing last year and remember at like “3:07” everyday there was a Remy & Frozen drop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter