I’m surprised that there are championships since so many cheer programs collapsed financially (all of them in our area sadly) or were unable to practice due to COVID closures/restrictions so I didn’t even check this year! If anyone there can share the “sightings”/impact I’m interested to hear experiences particularly if you are at ASMovies (that’s where we are going to be and now I’m scared.....haha ....)

I’m surprised that there are championships since so many cheer programs collapsed financially (all of them in our area sadly) or were unable to practice due to COVID closures/restrictions so I didn’t even check this year! If anyone there can share the “sightings”/impact I’m interested to hear experiences particularly if you are at ASMovies (that’s where we are going to be and now I’m scared.....haha ....)
I think that fully depends on what area of the country you live in. Ours here in a very...."keep things open at all costs" state....haven't seem to be hit too hard. Everything I know of is still operating and thriving.

As a note, I know cheer and dance competition groups will be going strong through late June and mid-July. Lots of friends attending them. I think planning around them is a lost cause.

I think that fully depends on what area of the country you live in. Ours here in a very...."keep things open at all costs" state....haven't seem to be hit too hard. Everything I know of is still operating and thriving.

As a note, I know cheer and dance competition groups will be going strong through late June and mid-July. Lots of friends attending them. I think planning around them is a lost cause.
My daughters cheer gym was one that collapsed bc they were not allowed to open for over a year at any capacity.....so I’m worried she’s going to be depressed when she sees them so I may reschedule....

I'm really glad to read about good experiences with hiring a private car for pick-up. We're planning to go at the end of the year so this will be good news. Also anyone with experience, do you need to negotiate a grocery stop when you hire the car?
A lot of reputable places will advertise and allow for one grocery stop for up to 15 minutes or so.

Many in my area actually had higher than normal join this year also since people were so desperate for their kids to do things and people were unsure what other activities would be available and in person cheer started back mid may last year right in time for try outs for new season.

I’ve seen many groups of cheerleaders (and I am VERY easily annoyed), and honestly they haven’t bothered me a bit. I haven’t heard any chanting or seen any obnoxious behavior at all. I was dreading it when I started seeing them, but it’s been a total non-issue.

I agree. At MK on Wednesday, we saw a couple of groups but they were not making themselves the center of attention in any way.

can we start a separate cheer thread?
Not sure what you want to discuss about the cheer teams.

If it is Theme Park related please start it in our community board.

If the discussion is related to their accommodations please start it in the resorts community board.

Got the text for our room at 1:45 after checking in at 10:15. And that was after complaining.

Wow. I didn't know you could complain before the official check-in time. Well, I know you could complain anytime but I wouldn't think it's valid. Or am I wrong on that?

I know Disney asks expected arrival time and it's a nice surprise when it's ready prior, but I feel like guests can't expect rooms to be ready any earlier than official check-in time. If they're being cleaned, they do need time to turn the rooms over and I imagine that process is a little more thorough post-COVID.

If I wanted to guarantee I would have a room early in the morning, I would imagine I may need to pay for that night before and anything else would be strictly pixie dust.

Wow. I didn't know you could complain before the official check-in time. Well, I know you could complain anytime but I wouldn't think it's valid. Or am I wrong on that?

I know Disney asks expected arrival time and it's a nice surprise when it's ready prior, but I feel like guests can't expect rooms to be ready any earlier than official check-in time. If they're being cleaned, they do need time to turn the rooms over and I imagine that process is a little more thorough post-COVID.

If I wanted to guarantee I would have a room early in the morning, I would imagine I may need to pay for that night before and anything else would be strictly pixie dust.
When we checked into Contemporary last time, our room said it would be ready soon (which was still early), but it was very hot and I’d trekked to the car a couple of times for swim stuff, without the room ever updating. I stopped by the desk and she said it was ready and just needed the supervisor to check it. So, she expedited that. If you are there, it never hurts to stop at the desk and ask what’s up.

If I had known, I would have looked at a week later. Sigh. The chanting.
It's mostly all star teams, which don't typically do any chanting lol.

Not sure what comps they are. The all star and school seasons end with these competitions. Either way, there are not any more scheduled for WDW at this time after mid-May.

We didn’t complain, but I think letting them know you’re physically here can expedite the process. I also think that there notification system isn’t always updated when the room is ready.

We've been here since 4/21. The cheer group mask compliance in nonexistent. There are very few that comprehend social distancing. We were also stuck on a Southwest flight with a lot of them. It's super annoying. We just try to avoid them. Their chaperones are also not following guidelines.

Without fast passes but with mobile ordering and checking wait times, how are you doing with your phone's battery life? I ordered a battery pack but it is sooo bulky and heavy, I am thinking of returning it based on experiences in the park right now.

Not sure what you want to discuss about the cheer teams.

If it is Theme Park related please start it in our community board.

If the discussion is related to their accommodations please start it in the resorts community board.

Why would a topic that is theme park related go in the community board?? I’ve never once gone to that page. Guess I’ll have to check it out. I didn’t think it had much to do with Disney, but was more of an anything OUTSIDE of Disney group for people who happened to like Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter