I’m at MK. Can take some pics soon, just having a late lunch at CHH. So far crowds are mild. We walked through the castle area at 2:30 and had enough space to get through! It’s definitely not wall to wall. Surprising since usually people stake out their parade spots way in advance. Feels less busy than last Christmas for sure.

We were at Hollywood yesterday and Rise was a posted 20 min wait in the evening. Toy Story Mania was posted at 10 mins but was actually a walk on. Alien Swirling Saucer was 40 minutes because they only ran one side of the ride. Definitely less crowded than we expected or experienced the last two years here.

I’m at MK. Can take some pics soon, just having a late lunch at CHH. So far crowds are mild. We walked through the castle area at 2:30 and had enough space to get through! It’s definitely not wall to wall. Surprising since usually people stake out their parade spots way in advance. Feels less busy than last Christmas for sure.

We were at Hollywood yesterday and Rise was a posted 20 min wait in the evening. Toy Story Mania was posted at 10 mins but was actually a walk on. Alien Swirling Saucer was 40 minutes because they only ran one side of the ride. Definitely less crowded than we expected or experienced the last two years here.
This is what I saw on YouTube. But Genie + is up to $41. Go figure?

This is what I saw on YouTube. But Genie + is up to $41. Go figure?
Just got back from Epcot. Remarkably empty for Festival of the Holidays on Christmas Day. There was no line for the France festival booth at 7:30 PM. I’ve never seen that at any festival ever. I think Disney is having some problems. Maybe they’ve finally priced too many people out. In any event, it was lovely.

I’m surprised, but then I see the clouds and wonder if the weather kept local families home.
It rained off an on until lunchtime but then was great weather for the rest of the day. Cloudy but in the low 70’s. I don’t see how this one could be chalked up to weather. As I posted earlier, I’ve been here since the 20th and it’s been lowish crowds every day (compared to past Christmas’s anyway). I’d say about Crowd level 7ish if I had to guesstimate, certainly not the crowd level 10’s you’d expect for this time of year. I’m sure it’ll get more crowded as we get closer to New Years, but still.

I’m surprised, but then I see the clouds and wonder if the weather kept local families home.
We left wdw on sat (Thurs was very busy at Epcot!) but it was pretty rainy today in the morning on the gulf shore and my app said bay lake was rainy too. We did MVMCP on Friday and did everything we wanted. Wdw def capping compared to 2019 parties.

We came back to wdw area for mini golf around 3 pm before our evening flight and things were pretty wet and cloudy but no more rain.

Edit calling to capping. :)

Last edited:
Just got back from Epcot. Remarkably empty for Festival of the Holidays on Christmas Day. There was no line for the France festival booth at 7:30 PM. I’ve never seen that at any festival ever. I think Disney is having some problems. Maybe they’ve finally priced too many people out. In any event, it was lovely.
That's good to know. Maybe we'll return this time next year.

Epcot was busy during the second week of December when we were there.
20231226_180841.jpg

But it wasn't as busy as our September visit. No pictures taken but I heard the park reached capacity during that time.

It rained off an on until lunchtime but then was great weather for the rest of the day. Cloudy but in the low 70’s. I don’t see how this one could be chalked up to weather. As I posted earlier, I’ve been here since the 20th and it’s been lowish crowds every day (compared to past Christmas’s anyway). I’d say about Crowd level 7ish if I had to guesstimate, certainly not the crowd level 10’s you’d expect for this time of year. I’m sure it’ll get more crowded as we get closer to New Years, but still.

We were there 16th to 23rd last Christmas and seemed worse than what you are describing this year, Hollywood especially. We only rode ToT once and my kids were so bummed.

But it wasn't as busy as our September visit. No pictures taken but I heard the park reached capacity during that time.
You must have been there the same time in September we were, never seen crowds like that before that time of year, not even during the holidays, spring break, or the summer. Crazy for September! We were just there a few weeks ago for the first week of December and thought the crowds weren't bad at all, definitely better than they were in September!

The time of year warning should stand, the ONLY reason you had the success you listed here was because it was a party night at MK. It has been extensively covered here on the DIS that party nights result in magical mornings at MK as those without park hoppers stay away.
And the OP also had G+ which helps immensely!

AK doesn't feel as crazy as the other day walking around but FoP is 275min. *** lol, who's waiting 4 and a half hours for a ride? I'll enjoy my tempting tigress at Nomad while we await our Tiffins dinner in 45 mins.... Ahhh

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter