Hero, or fool?

Was this man a hero or a fool?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Probably a little of both. Not sure how close he truly was from the fire so it's hard to tell if he was really in danger.

Fool. One of my very first lessons as a new driver was never to risk my life or that of others to try avoiding a small animal (lots of jack rabbits etc) darting out into the road. Same principle here. He could have done himself and others great harm by possibly needing to be rescued. For a rabbit. I’m actually quite surprised it didn’t bite and kick the crap out him. They can be vicious little buggers.

I just read in the news this morning that the dept of California Wildlife made an announcement to leave the wildlife alone should you encounter them. I guess rabbits have litters this time of year and they often keep them safe underground so it's best to let them be. They say that animals deal with fire all too often.

I've seen videos of people risking their lives rescuing dogs, deer and other animals. I certainly wouldn't want one of my own risking their life however the man did what he felt like he needed to do at the time and I can't imagine why anyone would refer to him as a fool.

I've seen videos of people risking their lives rescuing dogs, deer and other animals. I certainly wouldn't want one of my own risking their life however the man did what he felt like he needed to do at the time and I can't imagine why anyone would refer to him as a fool.
Because he was also risking needing to be rescued himself which would have wasted valuable resources desperately needed elsewhere for an animal that was most likely capable of taking care of itself.

I think if I were driving by and saw the little bunny panicking I would probably have stopped and tried to do something too. I wouldn't have thought about me possibly needing rescued (he didn't run into the fire) or that she may have babies. I would have been in the 'here and now' only thinking about helping him/her. I don't think I could have driven by and not done anything. Sure we are all level headed right now sitting behind our keyboards but in the heat of the moment...?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter